mtbr member

Anybody got a brown Mojo SL ?

I haven't seen any brown Mojo SL's, other then the pictures on the Ibis webpage.
    If someone has got a pic, preferably outside, then please post.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Here are some photos of my brown Mojo SL that I've had for a little over a month. The bike has been great except for the fork. My LBS is talking to Manitou regarding the platform that stopped working. It's fine when fully open or locked out but can't add platform.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I never would've guessed it, but the brown with red accents is pretty sharp!

Ant

mtbr member
    I have the Brown with Red Accents too. I have to say that the web site pictures make the brown look too yellowed. I think the clear looks the best, but the brown doesn't look bad.
    Peace,
    Gyan the Zen Monkey.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ibsmtb
    Here are some photos of my brown Mojo SL that I've had for a little over a month. The bike has been great except for the fork. My LBS is talking to Manitou regarding the platform that stopped working. It's fine when fully open or locked out but can't add platform.

Looks more like a Blur.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Red links are the most popular. I guess it has something to do with the extra speed boost. Haha
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    thx ibsmtb

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrisulfur
    I haven't seen any brown Mojo SL's, other then the pictures on the Ibis webpage.
    If someone has got a pic, preferably outside, then please post.

Thanks.
    Anyone else have brown Mojo SL pics? I've had one on order since May, and haven't seen many pics other than the Ibis web shots, one photo on mtbr Interbike page, and a few shots on the cracked frame/good customer service post a few weeks ago. The pics above are the only outside daylight shots I've seen.

mtbr member

My Brown Mojo SL

Here are pictures of my Brown Mojo SL. The roof-rack image was taken before I put the Time Z Control pedals and the Ergon GX-2 Carbon grips on. The other two are after cleaning the bike following a ride.
    Peace,
    Gyan the Zen Monkey.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    nice build, love the small decals.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Nice pics, Chocolate Mojo's Mmmmm. I'll post my pics. as soon as I get my bike. Can't be that much longer, right?. Yep, I'm a little anxious.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Brown Mojo rubberized paint flakes in the weirdest of places

I received my medium brown SL about three weeks ago from OTE in Fruita. I was a little bummed to open the box (I live in Montana) to find some deep gouges on the underside of the bike as a result of a loose bottom bracket floating freely in the box. Jerry at OTE expressed his deepest sympathies and said he would be open to suggestions to fix the wrong. Hopefully he comes through. I also noticed some flakes on the frame where it appears the rubberized coating is flaking off. Has anyone noticed this? Originally I thought that they might also be the result of a poor packing job by OTE, but I noticed the top tube is flaking. Last week Duke Brown (name of bike) were on a trip with Western Spirit from Teluride to Durango. A must do trip if you haven't done it, and Western Spirit is the only way to go. In any case I was taking a breather (high altitude) when I noticed some flaking going on on the top tube. I could understand a chainstay, or downtube, but top tube? Enclosed are some pics of what I'm talking about. I'm bummed that the rubberized paint seems more like a gimmick than an actual protective coating. I mean the only thing rubbing the top tube are my shorts when I stand over the bike. And if they are rubbing off the paint...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I received my medium brown SL about three weeks ago from OTE in Fruita. I was a little bummed to open the box (I live in Montana) to find some deep gouges on the underside of the bike as a result of a loose bottom bracket floating freely in the box. Jerry at OTE expressed his deepest sympathies and said he would be open to suggestions to fix the wrong. Hopefully he comes through. I also noticed some flakes on the frame where it appears the rubberized coating is flaking off. Has anyone noticed this? Originally I thought that they might also be the result of a poor packing job by OTE, but I noticed the top tube is flaking. Last week Duke Brown (name of bike) were on a trip with Western Spirit from Teluride to Durango. A must do trip if you haven't done it, and Western Spirit is the only way to go. In any case I was taking a breather (high altitude) when I noticed some flaking going on on the top tube. I could understand a chainstay, or downtube, but top tube? Enclosed are some pics of what I'm talking about. I'm bummed that the rubberized paint seems more like a gimmick than an actual protective coating. I mean the only thing rubbing the top tube are my shorts when I stand over the bike. And if they are rubbing off the paint...
    Hmm, where is the pictures?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

No dabs.

Some pics of my Brown Mojo SL

There's some shots of my recent build of a brown mojo sl here:

http://gallery.ibiscycles.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1838

I'd highly recommend the brown. It is less yellowish brown than on the Ibis web site as mentioned, and I like it even better. The red links give it a good energy. These shots are before I got the proper hose piece for my red rear Magura brake, and that with the red lever make it even livelier -- and faster of course.

And regarding the flaking mentioned above - I've seen a tiny bit around where the disc brake mounts and the skewer cinches, but nothing I'm concerned about. I've gone down a couple times with no bad results yet. However, I would definitely protect the seat stay ABOVE the chain as well as below, as well as inside the frame area by the cogset. I got it at Cal Coast Bicycles, and they added on lots of protection in rub areas, but not on the seat stay. The chain was hitting the frame during drops and causing some flaking, so I added some clear protectors there. Quieter and no more flaking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nice, how come you dont post a picture of your bike in the forums? Try finding the post, post your Mojo here thread . White fork and saddle really give a nice touch on your frame, would be better if the links were white, by the way what brand is your saddle?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

No dabs.
    Thanks wheelhot. White links would be cool.

I've got one of my bike pics posted in the "All Mtn" bike section of the mtbr Photo Gallery, but not in this forum yet. I'll post some new ones here soon that I've got my correct brakes and white grips to pull the color scheme together even more. Just have to dust it off first...

Saddle on my brown mojo is the Selle Italia SLR XP Troy Lee Design version. I've ridden a Flite saddle for 15 years, this is lighter and feels even better. I couldn't run a new Flite, as they've kind of ovalized the rails, which doesn't fit into the Maverick Speedball seatpost's clamps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have not noticed any flaking on my brown Mojo SL. Thank goodness but I am having some platform problems with the Manitou fork.

No dabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibsmtb
    I have not noticed any flaking on my brown Mojo SL. Thank goodness but I am having some platform problems with the Manitou fork.
    I've got some bad news for you - two friends of mine also got Ibis Mojo SLs with the Manitou, and both have had major problems with the fork, something about the height dropping a couple inches and losing all that travel. I understand they've worked with Manitou to try and resolve it as they know of the issue, but Manitou has no solution last I heard. Glad I sacrificed a half pound and went with the heavier Fox!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

flaking shot

Attached is a shot of the flaking. I had to downsize the original file. Sorry for the delay. The good news is Scot has seen the shots and is taking care of things. Customer service is amazing with this company. I also want to make sure all know that I love the ride of the bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Magura Laurin 130

I figure since some of you are having problems with the platform on the Manitou and some of you want to get off the Fox wagon, I would throw in my 2 cents. I have been riding the Magura Laurin 130 AM on my mojo and I can't say anything bad about it. It performed flawlessly during a 100+ mile trip in Southern Colorado. It has an adjustable platform that really stays as stiff as you set it. The adjustable rebound is really simple and the air pressure settings are right there on the leg. Check it out as an option. I think you can get them custom colored as well.

somewhat schizophrenic
    May 2008
    ...I've got a brown SL with blue bits. Assumed I was getting the nickel, but it arrived with blue... thought I would see what they looked like and ended up loving them...they pick up on the blue lettering. I'll see if I can get some photos up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Aaah, nowonder I never see that saddle before, its a TL version. Cool
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

Members who have read this thread: 0