Anthem SX 2015 Large to Ripmo or Ripley M or L?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Anthem SX 2015 Large to Ripmo or Ripley M or L?

Hello,

I've ridden the Advanced Anthem SX 2015 for 4 years now. I really enjoy that bike and may replace it with the 2019 anthem 27.5... but I am considering replacing it with either a Ripley or Ripmo! I do a lot of varied riding, long distance, quick rides, alpine, road, paths, technical rocky and rooty ascents and descents. coast to high alpine. I rarely shuttle or take lifts to ride.

I think I'd be happy on either bike. Though sizing I'm a bit unsure of... Going from A 27.5 to a 29 is gonna be a bit of a change that'll already make the bike feel bigger n more burly. And the wheelbase of the mediums are already more then the large anthem.

I'm 5'10 and a bit of an in between size on my anthem. My anthem large felt marginally on the bigger side so i shortened the handle bar stem. I did sit on the medium ripmo and road it around the parking lot, it didn't feel too small though. I am waiting for the shop to get in this years large and medium so I can compare. Ibis sizing charts says I'm a large though.

Would it be wrong to consider a Large Ripley and a Medium Ripmo since the ripmo is marginally a bigger bike??

I wish I could demo a ripley but only the ripmo gets stocked in town. They both seem awesome.

mtbr member
    I find both Ripley and Ripmo equal to size. No need to go smaller on Ripmo.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Compare the geo of the Anthem to the M and L ripley and ripmo. But definitely throw a leg over each one before deciding if you can.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/anthem-advanced-sx-27dot5-2015[/url]

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I do find it a bit odd that Giant sizes me to a Medium Anthem and Trance 29, although Ibis would size me to a large on the Ripley even though the Medium Ripley is comparable in size measurements to the Large Anthem or Trance.