mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Air pressure for XR Carbon Shock

What air pressure is everyone running for the XR Carbon shock on Mojo SL? I am 195 lbs and have been running at 150 lbs. What do you think?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I am around 70kgs (154 lbs) with riding gear and I run mine at about 90psi to get the recommended amount of sag. I sometimes go a bit higher for endurance events to get a slightly firmer feel. Although at 90psi there are only a couple of spots on my local loop where I am prone to bottoming out - usually on drops to flat from about 2-3 feet. I'd also be interested to hear what other people are running since I've always thought that 90 seemed a bit on the soft side.

aka übermensch
    I'm about 195 lbs with gear and was running 150 psi to achieve 25% sag. It felt pretty good to me at that psi. On a ride over the summer, I had a couple of friends following me at different points during the ride. Both of them made a comment about how the rear of my bike was tracking along the trail. I took out 10 psi and one click slower on the rebound and haven't looked back since.

I'm not saying that it will work for you, or that's the psi you should run. But those 2 adjustments have made a great bike into a phenomenal one.
    08 Ibis Mojo SL
    09 Ibis Tranny SingleSpeed

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by übermensch
    I'm about 195 lbs with gear and was running 150 psi to achieve 25% sag. It felt pretty good to me at that psi. On a ride over the summer, I had a couple of friends following me at different points during the ride. Both of them made a comment about how the rear of my bike was tracking along the trail. I took out 10 psi and one click slower on the rebound and haven't looked back since.

I'm not saying that it will work for you, or that's the psi you should run. But those 2 adjustments have made a great bike into a phenomenal one.

So you took ten lbs off the 150 or running now at 150?

meh
    OP, not a good idea to use your email address for a user name, just an FYI

aka übermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by lpa92651@yahoo.com
    So you took ten lbs off the 150 or running now at 150?
    Took 10 psi out of the 150 I was running. Now running with 140 psi.
    08 Ibis Mojo SL
    09 Ibis Tranny SingleSpeed

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I'm 150 lbs. & run 85 psi for everything from XC to BC bike park stuff.I recomend you try less pressure & also try more rebound damping [slower].For me the shock is excellent.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xc71
    I'm 150 lbs. & run 85 psi for everything from XC to BC bike park stuff.I recomend you try less pressure & also try more rebound damping [slower].For me the shock is excellent.
    How many clicks, anybody count?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    About 5-6 clicks from fastest.. any slower and it seems to wallow too much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    When setting up suspension, sag is king. Who gives a monkeys what the exact pressure (unless way high or low).
    For rear sit on bike arms by side lockout or PP off. Measure sag. For front assume slight attack position ie loading the fork a bit. Then measure. Front sag and rear sag should be the same. You really want to know what you are doing with the dynamic geometry to vary them too much.

Members who have read this thread: 0