2019 Ripmo... Float X2 or DPX2?- Mtbr.com
    biking is fun

2019 Ripmo... Float X2 or DPX2?

Demo'd a few bikes and settled on the Ripmo... When I rode it the bike had a DPX2 on it which seemed to work well.

Any thoughts on the X2? I have looked a bit through the other threads and it looks like the X2 may be a bit more popular, especially the 2019 ones. I am getting a Works angle headset (-1 degree), a factory grip2 36, and I ride pretty aggressive. I'll hit up to 8 foot drops and 15ish foot gaps... Bigger if they are tables.

The only downside to the X2 is I'm a set and forget kind of guy. I don't like fiddling with my suspension. I check tire pressure by feel even.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Sounds like you would like the 2019 x2 better. Takes a bit to get dialed but probably worth it.

mtbr member
    X2 all the way. You can set it and forget with the X2. Might take a few more rides to get it dialed. But once it is holy eff. The Ripmo is so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biking is fun
    Sweet! Thanks for the input.... Any recommendations on places to start? I have heard to start off with 3 spacers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the input.... Any recommendations on places to start? I have heard to start off with 3 spacers.
    I recommend 3 spacers to start. Look here for tuning specs. Ripmo Fox X2 and Grip2 tuning thread. DPX2 and Fit4 settings welcome too.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I stumbled over this
    https://www.bike-components.de/en/Ro...-RipMo-p69640/
    With a normal spring recommended https://www.bike-components.de/en/Ro...134-mm-p56982/

Have someone at rock shock been thinking and come up with some new ideas inside or is it still just a bad idea?

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I would not recommend a coil. The frame is not designed with enough progression to run one.

2019 X2 is an excellent shock as is the DPX2. If you are going to be going big and riding high speed tech trails, I would go with the X2. Once you get it dialed, you should not have to change it. I check pressure and occasional run the shock wiz just to verify the shock doesn't need service.
    Find the sweet spot and leave it there, unless you are racing or significantly changing riding style/terrain.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    I would not recommend a coil. The frame is not designed with enough progression to run one.

2019 X2 is an excellent shock as is the DPX2. If you are going to be going big and riding high speed tech trails, I would go with the X2. Once you get it dialed, you should not have to change it. I check pressure and occasional run the shock wiz just to verify the shock doesn't need service.
    Find the sweet spot and leave it there, unless you are racing or significantly changing riding style/terrain.
    Yea, this Im aware of. Thats why I got curios, why then would they make a specific one with coil. What news could be inside.

I am racing although not on high level. Im always having a spare shock so I don't get any downtime during the season, and usually try too widen my experience. Running the dpx2 now and was looking for a super deluxe on air when I came across this.