mtbr member

2011 mojo sl 140 or 150 0n revelation

Building light weight new Mojo SL . Already have revelation xx 20 mm maxle light, can set up as either 140 or 150.Does not have u-turn feature.Single track handling is important as well as tracking while climbing.My big question is can I still do both well if bike is set at 150 or do I need to set at 140.Thanks

Dirty Chamois
    Feb 2007

150 or 140

I just built mine up with same fork. I used the 150 setting front end stays put when climbing steep hills and tracks great. hope this helps

mtbr member
    Good question I am facing the same situation. I can say I was very happy with how the demo tracked and handled in twisty single track at 140 compared to the 100 I am used to.

aka dan51
    I just set my Rev to 140 last weekend. I've had it at 150 for many months, but have been having problems riding up long steep climbs. If I never rode anywhere that had long steep climbs I would have left it at 150.

That said, I have yet to try it out set at 140 on the same trails. it may be a while before I know if it has helped.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I originally was getting 150 Fox Talas, but it was sent with a 140 Talas. I have found the 140mm to be a good fit for the amount of climbing I do. With a 150, I would likely need to get more forwarded (out of my comfort setting) to keep the front wheel down. On the down hill with 2 foot drops I have seen no problem with the 140. The bike is so well balanced with a great cockpit, jumps seem to land so evenly, so far no endos.

mtbr member
    Go with 150, manage your stem length / bar height to find the balance you want.... if you can't find that balance, then it's easy enough to space it down to 140... or cheap enough to have your LBS do it if you're not inclined to do it yourself.

mtbr member

140 for now

Thanks for your input. fork is currently set at 130 on my epiphany.AKA donor bike.Will try 140 for a month or two since I have no plans for any big drop trails in the near future.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Global, the 140 will serve you well. I rode a Talas 140 on my Epiphany and one on my Mojo for years. I just went over to the Float 150 on the Mojo and have been VERY HAPPY. If you get the chance to try the 150 I think you would like it also.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Members who have read this thread: 0