X6 Questions - Der. Hanger/Plans- Mtbr.com
    Shop *****

X6 Questions - Der. Hanger/Plans

No, don't refer me to the X6 thread. I know the workings of forums, and nobody looks at a thread more than a page long and reads all responses. They only read the first one and move on. Therefore here is my question!

Firstly -- How might I be able to order X6 Deraileur Hangers? Der.Hanger.com does not have them listed, and my LBS that carries the Haro brand does not have it in the catalog. So, where might I order them.

Secondly -- Here's my plan for upgrades.
    RockShox Domain 318IS Mint U-Turn Mission Control etc etc. Fork
    TruVativ Chainguide
    Azonic Outlaws.
    Hand Repaint my own Frame. -- Which sparks my next question. Is the 2006 X6 Anodized or Powdercoated, because it doesn't look anodized. I have the midnight blue, and it looks like a clearcoat on top of regular paint, it has the cool designs not able to anodize on, right?

I would be re painting it white, so I would have to sand it etc etc.

Next. What is the Eye-2-Eye of the rear shock? I want to find something with a piggyback, Swinger, RC, DHX etc.

Also I work in the bike shop, so all work is done by me. Just a few stumpers for ya Downhilljill

Shop *****
    OK, eye 2 eye / stroke is
    7.875"x2.25"
    HARO WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE about my questions of Derailleur hangers.
    Not going to re paint my frame.
    Added Michelin Hot S Red tires to buy list

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drakan
    OK, eye 2 eye / stroke is
    7.875"x2.25"
    HARO WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE about my questions of Derailleur hangers.
    Not going to re paint my frame.
    Added Michelin Hot S Red tires to buy list
    OK Draken....

No need to get upset. We aren't open on the weekends and holidays. We are open M-F 8 to 5 Pacific time. During those times, there's always someone available to talk to. During busy times like now, you may have to hold for someone, but we're there. You can also reach me here. Usually I answer everyone within 24 hours, but I was on vacation last week.

All the deraiileur hangers are in the catalog, but for some strange reason, some dealers don't see them. I am at home at the moment (yes, I answer MTBR stuff on my own time at night), so when I return to work tomorrow, I will get you complete shock specs and a part number for the der hanger.

If you are still planning torepaint your frame, it's painted, not powdercoated or anodized.

OK, gimme about 12 hours and I'll get your info.

Ciao for now.

mtbr member
    So it was a little more than 12 hours, but here's the info you need:

The part number for the der hanger you need is 93285. All you have to do is give that number to your local shop and they can order it from us. If your local shop insists they cannot get though to someone, PM me with the name and phone number of the shop and either I or a salesperson will call them for you.

Here are your rear shock specs:
    Eye to eye is 200mm
    Stroke is 50.8mm
    Frame mount hardware is 22.1mm
    Shock mount hardware is 25.4mm
    Bolt size on both ends is M6.

I hope that helps. Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Shop *****
    Thank you very much downhilljill, you're possibly the best person I've talked to at Haro bikes... The person I had an email conversation today was... Uninformed to say the least. He told me not to talk to him, because all he could do was talk to dealers, and would not tell me any specs.
    Sorry for the whole upset, but I went in last tuesday, and was on the phone for nearly 2 hours before I gave up. I left the LBS to call them, and they've still yet to get an answer from Haro. I talked to them last night, and they had still not reached Haro. Now that I have the part number (thanks to you) I can get that order placed tonight.
    Again, many thanks
    -Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

mtbr member
    N worries at all. Whoever you talked to was correct; we don't sell consumer direct and you do have to order parts through a dealer. I apologize you were looking for more info and it wasn't provided for you.

I also found out that our phones were down last Tuesday when you tried calling (I was out of the office, so I didn't know this till now), so that would explain why you had so much trouble.

Anyhow, when you need help, you can just contact me here. I answer pretty quick. Our product manager (PatSS) also answers stuff from time to time.

Cheers!

Members who have read this thread: 0