X6 Frame alignment question- Mtbr.com

Jun 2007

X6 Frame alignment question

On my X6 if you look from the rear down the seat tube the rear triangle is shifted off towards the cassette side. In fact you can see almost a 1/4" of the rear suspension spring on the right but nothing on the left. Is this supposed to be like this? The reason I ask is that my bike acted right going up big climbs. It tries to change gears on its own; I believe it is called ghosting. I took it in for its normal tune up and the guy pointed it out to me and said that could be the problem. So I took it to the local Haro dealer and he was not much help. He wouldn't even look at the bike with out my receipt; which of course I don't have. He also said that Haro will never honor a warranty with out a receipt. Is that true? He tried to tell me that no bike dealer will although I know for a fact Trek will. So I don't know how much to trust him. Any advice?

Shop *****
    What a douche... Don't go back to that shop, if they don't want your service, don't give it to them...
    contact haro directly about it, and they are pretty darn nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

mtbr member
    HI ddansby,

Sounds like you might have a twisted swingarm. Can you PM me some pics? How does it steer on descents?

The shop guy you talked to is sort of right, but he still could have explored options to help you. Our warranty (along with the majority of other bike manufacturers) is limited to the original owner of the bike and you do have to have your receipt. If you aren't the original owner and/or you don't have your receipt, all's not lost. In your case, if you have a twisted swingarm, we have a crash replacement program where you can purchase a new swingarm for $70.

if you don't feel comfortable going back to that shop, use our dealer locator on our website to find another. If he's the only show in town, I'd kindly explain to him that you've been in touch with Haro and you have the option of crash replacement.

If you have any trouble with this, PM me and I'll call the shop myself on your behalf.

Let us know how it pans out!

Members who have read this thread: 0