where are made- Mtbr.com

Thread: where are made

mtbr member

where are made

Hi

Somebody know where are Haro v4 frame made and the weight?

TX

mtbr member
    The V4 is made in Taiwan and it weighs about 28 lbs, give or take.

mtbr member
    I buy my v4 believing that the frame was made in the united states, if I had known before that the frame was made in taiwan i had not bought it, when I did the question in Haro web page they did not answer me

mtbr member
    None of our bikes are made in the USA; when they are shipped to bike shops, they have a "made in Taiwan" sticker on the headtube.

Don't knock bikes made in Taiwan; truth is, most all bike brands for sale are made in Taiwan these days. Some brands cleverly hide it, but we're completely up front about it. The workmanship coming out of Taiwan in excellent; much better, in most cases, than what comes out of the USA and other countries. Their factories are state of the art...very clean and very efficient. The vast majority of the frame builders and welders in Taiwan are highly specialized and have been practicing their trade for many years. They aren't cronies from the street who are handed a welder.

Bottom line is you can't beat the quality and price coming from Taiwan. Just to put it all into perspective, if your V4 frame was made here in the US, it would probably be $800 or more...just for the frame alone. You got a complete bike for half that price.

mtbr member
    there is totally nothing wrong with Taiwan made bikes. if there is or was, no "known" manufacturers will stay or bring their business of having their bikes built there.

I'm a dog person
    Haro/adict, not to be confrontationaly, but why are you so concerned about the country of origin of your frame? Are you concerned about the quality?
    Last edited by emptybeer; 02-03-2007 at 04:59 PM.
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

mtbr member
    and yeah,you didnt like it just because its not made in the US but love the bike so much? or you didnt like everything about the bike and the fact that it was made in Taiwan?

Giant
    Specialized
    Litespeed

are some known brands who gets their frames made from Taiwan.i dont hear a lot of people complaining about them being made there.

Members who have read this thread: 0