Werx 7 sizing help.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Werx 7 sizing help.

I'm 6' 185 pounds with a 33'' inseam. Would a medium 18'' Werx 7 fit me? I will ride this bike 50% rough trails 25% freeride and 25% DH. If not, would a large 20'' Xeon do? I will have to order one of these two bikes and therefore can't try them before purchase. Thanks for your help. I have a slight preference for the Werks 7 but I'm afraid it may be a bit small. I rode an 18'' Giant Trance and it did fit but it's a completly different geometry. I am often stock in between frame sizes.

mtbr member
    If you go with a Xeon, you'd ride the 20" for sure.

The Extreme X7/Werx 7 bikes run a bit bigger. With you at 6', I'm leaning towards saying the 18" will be too small only because you do intend to use it for some trail riding. If you were going to use it exclusively for FR/DH, I'd say the 18" would be fine since you typically size down one size. If you do decide to go with the 18" size, you might find yourself feeling a little cramped when you trail ride it. Conversely, on the 20" size, you might find yourself feeling like the 20" might be a touch on the big side.

It's tough sometimes when you're trying to buy one bike that does it all. You have to be prepared to accept a few minor trade-offs here and there. Since you plan to use the bike mostly for trail riding, I'd be more inclined to recommend a 20" for you and advise that you invest in a shorty stem for DH/FR.

You might locate a dealer near you that might have Extreme X7's on their floor; it's the same exact frame as the Werx 7. We sold far more of the X7's than the Werx model due to the difference in price point, so you'd stand a better chance of finding one at a shop.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thank you very much. I'm impressed to get an answer within 3 hours, on Sunday and from an Haro employee. Simply incredible. Thanks DownhillJill !

Members who have read this thread: 0