truvativ shiftguide on Haro x7?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

truvativ shiftguide on Haro x7?

Hi guys!

Has anybody successfully installed one on their x7? I tried putting one but it wont fit and wont function well.

I prefer to use 2 rings up front coz i like doing climbs.

Help is highly appreciated.

hey jill, would this work?

Ride safe!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i have one in my x2, and it works reasonably, with minor anoyances, like i´t doesnt stay fixed that well. sometimes it moves a bit and it´s well tightened, believe me!

my frame is different, and it doesn´t have welded tabs for chain guides...

in my group there are some x7´s and werks frames but all of those use one ring chainguides setup...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    thanks marcolino for the reply.

after trying so hard to try to fit the shiftguide to my frame, i resolved not to use one anymore since it would require sawing of the top part (the guide block) of the shiftguide in order for it to fit correctly to the frame. right now im in the market to look for an e13 DRS with the iscg mount or maybe just shift to using just one ring and a chainguide... this means exerting more effort uphill...

mtbr member
    I don't have any experience with that particular guide, but after checking their site, it looks like it's one of those guides that goes inbetween the BB and the cup rather than bolting into the ISCG tabs in the frame. Like Marcolino said, I would imagine sometimes they don't always stay put like the old MRP's.

I have an e13 DRS on my X7 and it works like a charm.

Apr 2007
    I am using x6, it has no tabs in the frame, how to install the chaiguides properly?

mtbr member
    You'll need to use a chainguide similar to this system where it mounts between the BB and BB shell.

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Use a Stinger its waaaayyy better...

I am using a Blackspire Stinger and a 38t TV Bash-ring/dérailleur.. the Stinger is a chain-tensioner.(use it with 3 spacer washers on the ISGC 05 bracket and the stock 56mm chain-line BB). the dérailleur and the bash-guard work for a retainer/guide
    Use 22/38 - 11/34 no problem.. no lost chains in over 40DH runs, and about 600miles everywhere else...

I now have a 51mm C/L X-type, with the 22t the chain hits the bolts that hold the Stinger on to the ISGC'05 bracket.. so I can only use a 24t..

http://www.blackspire.com/chain-guides/stinger

Make sure to get the ISGC 05, the hole and bolt circle are bigger

Its really cheap, simple.. fool-proof and stays adjusted.. compared to a "chain-guide", and with a front dérailleur all you need is the tensioner to keep the chain tight and a bash-ring/dérailleur to keep it on the sprocket
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm X type 51mm

51mm FSA Gravity Gap 24/38 - 11/32 or 11/34

38t TV bash ring

Sorry about the crap pix, the image reducer went too far.. fix later

If you look close, there are silver nuts on the end of the ISGC mounting bolts.. the Stinger bolts are taper-head allen..
    with spacer-washer and the 56mm (OEM) chain-line.. they are just the right length

With a 51mm and no spacers the stick out a few threads, I put the nuts on to protect the threads from damage and corrosion..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jul 2006
    Oh yea, I forgot... This is for the X7 and above with ISGC 05 tabs

For an X6, with no ISGC tabs, you use the stinger that goes between the BB bearing shell and the frame...

Members who have read this thread: 0