Talas on a Sonix??- Mtbr.com
    Que pasiones?

Talas on a Sonix??

Hello, please help me out with some feedback on a suspension issue.

I have a haro sonix and going to upgrade my fork (manitou black 100 mm) for a 06 fox talas rlc. Is this a good change? the fork is easy to change the travel?

I'm thinking that for climbing a 90mm setup can help, and 130 to descending.

thanks from Guatemala.

Slds.
    sorry my english isnīt very good, do you speak spanish?

mtbr member
    The Talas is a wonderful fork and a nice upgrade from the Black. Just keep in mind that the Sonix frame is designed for a 100mm fork; if you have the fork in the 130mm position, it really not going to ride like it's supposed to since the head tube will be much slacker...by probably a couple of degree. Since it will raise the front of your bike so much, your BB height will also be affected (it will be higher).

Que pasiones?
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    The Talas is a wonderful fork and a nice upgrade from the Black. Just keep in mind that the Sonix frame is designed for a 100mm fork; if you have the fork in the 130mm position, it really not going to ride like it's supposed to since the head tube will be much slacker...by probably a couple of degree. Since it will raise the front of your bike so much, your BB height will also be affected (it will be higher).
    Thanks Jill, maybe i should look for a f100 rlt. or be cautious with the high adjustment to optimize my pedaling.
    Last edited by Chapin; 04-25-2007 at 04:20 PM.

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden the F100 RLT version, but I have ridden the F100X...nice fork. If you're one of those riders who enjoys fiddling with adjustments on the trail, the Talas might suit you fine. I know I tend to leave my bike set-up the same throughout my ride.

Also, something to keep in mind with the Talas is you do run the risk of possibly voiding your warranty because you are putting equipment on the bike that is outside of our recommended range.

Que pasiones?
    thanks Jill, i haven't see your post untill this week. I went to the talas rlc option, and it feels so more soft descending and stif climbing.

One of the lbs employees recomend to upgrade my fork to a talas a few months ago, and now the voiding the warranty upsetme a litle bit.

It's a shame that the service of the haro store here in Guatemala isn't good enough, maybe you can do something about it.

Wll thanks again for the advise.

Slds.

mtbr member
    I really wouldn't worry about it too much; more than likely your frame will be fine, but I do have to say it since I represent the company.

Glad to hear the Talas has been a good fork for you and you are enjoying your Sonix!

Members who have read this thread: 0