snapping sound- Mtbr.com

Thread: snapping sound

Jun 2007

snapping sound

Hi, i just got a new 2007 haro X6. on my last ride my bike started to snap (sound) when i pedal hard.sounds like it could be from the crank? just looking for help. Its something simple i now.. I'm new to down hill riding and these bikes. thanks

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Check..

The torque on the crank-bolts..
    the bolts on the sprockets
    Lube the chain...

May 2007
    I had the same sound when I first got my X6. My LBS eventually fixed it. I thought they said it had something to do with the swingarm pivot bolt. The sound went away for a year, but it came back last weekend.

mtbr member
    I second Professor's advice. I'd also take the same route as DirtClod and check the tension on your main pivot bolt. Might also be a good idea to check your shock mounts as well.

If you are at all unsure how to tighten these items down or don't feel comfortable doing it, take the bike back to the dealer and have them look it over. Things sometimes start to loosen up after a few rides on a new bike...in fact, many shop will instruct new bike buyers to bring the bike back in after a few rides to check bolt tension and tighten up the cables after they stretch a bit.

Members who have read this thread: 0