question about Sonix shock- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

question about Sonix shock

I recently built up a Sonix LT and I love it. My only question is this; I've never had a bike with a "Platform" shock before so I don't know what normal operation is. My Rockshock MC 3.3 shock makes a high pitched buzzing sound when rebounding-but only when the floodgate is being used.Increasing or decreasing the platform doesn't seem to have an effect on the sound.
    I've checked all bushing and bearings, everything is tight as far as I can tell.
    Is this normal operation?
    Thanks in advance, Eric S

mtbr member
    My Pearl 3.3 on my Xeon does the same thing. This is more than likely just the sound of oil going through the valving inside the body of the shock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the quick reply Jill. I find the noise to be pretty annoying, I may bring it in to a dealer and see what they think. I can't imagine Rock Shock would design something that makes that kind of racket all the time. I love the way the bike climbs with the MC system on but don't like all the noise.
    anyway thanks again, Eric S

mtbr member
    By all means, if the noise is that annoying, you might want to take it to your LBS for a closer look and possibly a phone call to RockShox. Mine isn't all that bad...either that or I have a hearing problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0