Props to Haro- Mtbr.com

Thread: Props to Haro

Jul 2007

Props to Haro

So, I'm pretty new to these forums and I just thought I'd drop by the Haro section because I own the Haro Shift R5. I've owned my rig for over a year now and have been hitting the trails for about the same amount of time. I just wanted to say MAJOR props to Haro for building a great aggressive trail bike. I beat the crap out of that bike and it just keeps on rolling. Haro wasn't exagerating when they said that it was an "aggressive" trail bike. Yeah so anyways...that's it, and also I'm Ben, or bike-4-food and I am a San Diego local but my parents moved to Irvine this past year while I was at college(UCSB) so now I am living with them in Irvine but I go to SD every weekend to visit my girlfriend and friends. I'm 19 and going to be a 2nd in college...that's me in a nutshell...so hi!

mtbr member
    Thanks Ben! The Shift R5 is a super fun bike...rides awesome.

BTW, my bro did his undergrad work at UCSB. What a great campus.

Welcome to the forum!

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Mine rides awesome too, got to love the 4x geometry.

My parts reliabilty hasnt been great though. So far I have broken a the stock BB, stock cranks, the stock X7rear derailiur. Only good news out of that is my bike now sports X.0 rear derail, and shimano XT cranks.

Next up are my fork and wheels as they have tons of play in them. I love the bike wishing it came with better components now.

Jul 2007
    yeah agreed...the components could be better. I changed the fork out already and come xmas time I am looking to upgrade to the fox DHX air, my cranks pooped out on me too but the warranty covered it so no worries there and my x7's have given me any trouble yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0