Pivit stuff on Haro bikes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pivit stuff on Haro bikes

Haro folks,

we're kinda curious about the Pivit stuff on the Haro built bikes. a few friends got Haro built units recently and were wondering about the particular brand, any info's? tried looking up for a website but found none.

was hoping you guys can share sone background,history and info's about the company/brand Pivit

thanks in advance.

Tofi
    i hate biking!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Just a guess... but I suppose they are just rebadged components from a taiwanese or chinese maker to save some costs, compared to "name brands"

mtbr member
    Haro brand stuff. I like my pivot platform pedals a lot I also used a 150mm rear hub all last season with no issies

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    The stem and seatposts are probably re-badged stuff from Kalloy like the other OEM's use. The wheelset on my girlfriends V5 look really similar to some WTB wheels so they may be re-badged from the them. The Pivot saddle has the Velo name on the underside. Overall probably not bad stuff but there is room for upgrading.

mtbr member
    Pivit is our own "house brand" we use instead of just branding it as Haro or having no brand on it at all. And Hillbilly Hank is on the right track...you'll find that there are factories in Taiwan who make stuff for lots of different brands. The company who makes our Pivit saddles makes saddles for some of the biggest names in the biz. Same goes for our bars, stems, posts, hubs, etc.

mtbr member
    just the answer i was looking for. Thanks much Jill! thanks guys!

BTW, any news on the V120 frame availability here @ Philippines?
    i hate biking!

All day long
    I bought a Haro Mary SS this past Saturday (4-14-07) and would like a little more detail on the Pivit rear hub.

From what I can see, the rear hub has an outer lock ring on it which means the outer part of the freehub body is threaded similar to a Uniglide. I will verify sometime this week if a Park HCW-5 bottom bracket lock ring spanner wrench will fit the Pivit's lock ring so I can change to a different sized cog.

Actually, the Pivit hub's cog mounting is similar to the Nashbar SS Cassette Disc hub p/n NF-SSHR.
    Last edited by Genom; 04-15-2007 at 10:09 PM.

mtbr member
    The Pivit rear hub on the Mary SS is a sealed hub made in the same factory as some of the biggest brands in the business.

To remove the cassette, you'll just need crank and BB wrench like this:

http://www.parktool.com/products/det...5&item=HCW%2D5

and a chain whip.

All day long
    Now I'm running an 18T cog on my Mary.

Thank you for verifying that the Park HCW-5 is the correct tool to remove the lock ring.

mtbr member
    My X6 pivit saddle is by Velo

Members who have read this thread: 1