New used haro?- Mtbr.com

Thread: New used haro?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

New used haro?

Hi all,

I am new to the mountain biking world and I just picked up a used Haro. The person I bought it from told me it was a 2010 Sonix XC. I am trying to rebuild the crankset and BB on the bike. My problem is that I am not real sure if the bike is what he told me. When I look at the catalog for 2010 mine does not look like a Sonix. It has a Sonix sticker but the rear suspension looks like a Xeon setup. It also is Black in color which I don't see in a Sonix. Is there a way to find out for sure what it is exactly that I have? My question is there a number or something stamped into these bikes that will tell me the year and all the important stuff that I am overlooking somewhere? Thanks for the help.

singlespeed smash brother
    If it looks like the Xeon it is probably the late model Sonix produced in 2010-11. Might even be the 650b wheel model. It should have a sonix decal on it some where. https://www.velostrana.ru/inc/i/mode...8cde1cac07.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinboy View Post
    If it looks like the Xeon it is probably the late model Sonix produced in 2010-11. Might even be the 650b wheel model. It should have a sonix decal on it some where. https://www.velostrana.ru/inc/i/mode...8cde1cac07.jpg

Thanks for the reply. It does have a sonix sticker on the top bar. It just looks like the 2009 black Xeon and I just wanted to make sure. So is there no serial number on Haro's to identify them?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Have you looked on the underside of the bb? That's where my serial # is located on my 2006 Xeon S.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yes I did find a couple of numbers but I can not find anything on the internet that tells me what they mean. Do you know where I can look to find out what they mean on the internet or anywhere else?

mtbr member
    Have your tried contacting the company directly? Info should be on their website.

mtbr member
    May 2008