New Mary Colors banner ad- Mtbr.com
    ridin' Mary

New Mary Colors banner ad

Hi Downhilljill,

On the MTBR 29er forum, there's a banner ad in the right column that hails the "New Mary Colors". But clicking on that link leads me to the same ginger and green bikes that you've had already. I can't find the new colors other than in the tiny pictures that quickly flash by in the banner ad.

You might want to update the webpage to be current with the advertising.

Do I get points for using the words "hail" and "Mary" in the same sentence?

mtbr member
    Wow, nice to know people actually see the banner ads and click on them.

Website update is in the works. The Ginger and Green bikes are still available as color choices. The new color choices look something like this:

ridin' Mary
    Cool! I like the Carolina Blue, but I have to admit that my Ginger Mary is the prettiest of the bunch.

mtbr member
    Anyone know about how much $$$ these bad boys run???
    Under $1000????

mtbr member
    MSRP on SS is $925.
    MSRP on XC is $1500.

mtbr member
    Is the SS sussy. fork compadible???
    Also can you run a 1x 9 on the SS. For a little variety
    Sorry I'm not too familiar w/ SS....

mtbr member
    Yes, you can. Keep it at about 80mm.

And yes, you can order a der hanger for the SS and run a 1 x 9. Just gotta run full-length housing and zip ties.

mtbr member
    "Full length housing and zip ties"?? Please explain- Not new to the sport just getting back in after couple of bikes have been stolen, and not a mechanic....
    Also- so the 80mm fork wont change the geometry (like the old Karate Monkey)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDIN'MO
    "Full length housing and zip ties"?? Please explain- Not new to the sport just getting back in after couple of bikes have been stolen, and not a mechanic....
    Since the Mary SS is technically a singlespeed frame, it doesn't have cable stops welded on to the frame. You know, the little jobbies that allow a cable end/ferrule to butt up against and the bare cable comes through? They are basically designed to secure your cables in place and provide clean routing.

Since the frame doesn't have these, you'd run derailleur housing all the way from the shifter to the rear der and zip tie the housing into place on the frame.

80mm fork is fine and won't change the geometry. The frames are designed around an 80mm fork with the rigid fork on the SS being suspension corrected.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDIN'MO
    You can also use these to secure the cable:

http://www.jagwireusa.com/en/cablehousingguides.html

I would suggest buying the zip tie versions from your local bike shop.

ridin' Mary
    I've been thinking about getting some of those to secure the Rohloff Speedhub shifter cables to my Mary SS. I've donated skin twice to the current zipties used to hold the cables in place. That would be a more elegant solution.

What would you use to secure these to your frame? It seems like it would need some serious glue to hold those in place. I'm not pleased with the thought of using epoxy on my pretty Mary. But I sure hate those zipties!

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNooo
    I've been thinking about getting some of those to secure the Rohloff Speedhub shifter cables to my Mary SS. I've donated skin twice to the current zipties used to hold the cables in place. That would be a more elegant solution.

What would you use to secure these to your frame? It seems like it would need some serious glue to hold those in place. I'm not pleased with the thought of using epoxy on my pretty Mary. But I sure hate those zipties!
    They are backed with a strong 2-way tape (adhesive) from 3m. They stick really well, but will not damage your frame if they need to be removed.

One point of reference, the cables will sit a bit looser in the stick-on guides with the 'horseshoe' clips. Those are designed for hydraulic disc housing, and therefore, they are a larger diameter. Still a better solution than donating your epidermis!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Any chance someone could post photos of the tangerine XC? The stock photos tend not to due the colors justice, judging from what I've seen of the ginger and the green.

mtbr member
    Hi downhilljill,
    will the Mary XC be equipped with Mary bars? I dont want to go to the trouble of buying Mary bars.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinepig
    Any chance someone could post photos of the tangerine XC? The stock photos tend not to due the colors justice, judging from what I've seen of the ginger and the green.
    Actually, the pic posted here is pretty close. It's a yellowish-orange with some metallic flake in it. Super cool color.

Members who have read this thread: 0