New Flightlines- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Flightlines

mtbr member

New Flightlines

Howdy folks!

We had a request in another thread for info on the new Flightline bikes that replaced the V-Series bikes, so just because I love all you Haro fans so much, here you go. All of these bikes except the Flightline Expert are in stock now. We also do a 20" wheel and 24" wheel version of this bike. I can post if you want to see those.

Flightline One MSRP $305

Flightline Two MSRP $360

Flightline Sport MSRP $435

Flightline Comp MSRP $655

Flightline Expert MSRP $875

Jul 2007

Flightline Comp

Jill, I just got my new Flightline Comp in SG Black just the other day and just Love it!! I'll post pictures when I find my camera thanks for helping me out with making my decision. Craig

Aug 2007

Just got my flightline Comp 2 days ago.

I love it!

I'm taking it in to the LBS to get the chain taken in a little (came off 4 times in one hour) and have gears adjusted but aside from that it rode great the first day.

mtbr member
    Sweet!

Aug 2007
    I'll post a pick of mine when i get it, but delivery won't be until 12th of September. ;(

evox786
    Robb, that front brake cable looks like it could get annoying with all that looseness in it. Is that how it's supposed to be routed?

Oh and one other thing- I've never had a bike with disk brakes, but looking at the three bikes so equiped, it looks like the rotors on the Comp would eat pads pretty fast from the large holes. Is this the case?
    Last edited by evox786; 08-28-2007 at 09:07 AM.

mtbr member
    It looks like the lever needs to be taken off or the handle bars and the cable allowed to "unwind" like you have to do to a phone cord now and again. The length should be ok but the route looks off. It should bow to the front no the back.

Haro Product Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by evox786
    Oh and one other thing- I've never had a bike with disk brakes, but looking at the three bikes so equiped, it looks like the rotors on the Comp would eat pads pretty fast from the large holes. Is this the case?
    The large holes are actually for cooling and allow for debris to exit the pads. It will not cause pads to wear any faster, but will allow your brakes to cool down faster after a long decent or perform better in muddy conditions. Brake pad life will vary on your riding style / conditions but is not uncommon to have brake pads that last 18months or longer.

Aug 2007
    I got an early Father's Day gift today. My Flightline Comp arrived! Not expecting it as my order said it was waiting for delivery by 12/09/2007.

I have noticed though that the Australian version of the Flightline Comp is different to the US.

Well, first is the color. I chose blue, but the choices were either black or blue. Have to admit the Blue looks great. Then I noticed that the shocks were different. Anyway, below I have listed the parts of the bike and I would like comments on whether these parts are worse, same or better than the US spec. I want honest opinions ok. I'll post up some pics once i learn how too. lol

Fork: SR Suntour XCR (MG) Magnesium. 110mm (Well I measured the Shock with a ruler! lol)
    Brakes: Tektro Auriga Comp Disc brakes. (Not sure if mechanical or not. It says 'Mineral Oil' on the brake levers)
    Shifter: Shimano Alivio. (I think it is an 8 speed. It says 1 to 3 on the left and 8 to 1 on the right?)
    RD: Shimano Deore
    FD: C050 Shimano SIS (Not sure if I have this correct, but it does say Shimano)
    Cassette: Shimano CS-HG30-81
    Zac 26" double wall rims.
    Not sure of the tires. Everything else is the same. I'll take some close up Shots and post them to show you guys what It's got.
    It seems pretty heavy, anybody know the weight on these things?

I was pretty disappointed when I noticed the differences as I chose the bike based on the US specs. There is no info on these bikes on the net apart from this forum and I haven't seen them at any Bike stores. I purchased this Bike from Pacific Brands who own the Haro license in Australia. They distribute the bikes out to all the LBSs here Down Under.
    However, I rode the Bike and am very pleased. Changing gears is noisy and tricky for me, first time, So I'll keep an open mind and let the experts tell me if I bought a lemon. (Spec wise that is). The bike on a whole is great.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    The only thing that really jumped out at me is the Suntour fork, i have no idea how good that would be compared to the Dart2 that is speced on the US version. I dont think anything else would be that bad...just up grade is things break,

evox786
    I was also wondering about the weight on these bikes, so if anyone out there has weighed one...

Haro Product Manager
    FL comp comes in at 30 pounds with all the reflectors and stuff on it.

Members who have read this thread: 0