make my move or wait?- Mtbr.com
    Member of The Yeti Tribe

make my move or wait?

so i have hade my eye on the haro extreme series for a long time and went to my LBS 2 days ago and they are trying to get rid of the last of their 06 line of bikes so they have 2 X7's left.and they are selling them for $1,000 even. my big Q is i only have $750 so should i work like a mad man for 3 weeks and try and snab one of the last X7s or should i just buy the X6 now and spend any $$ i make on up grades, or shoud i just wait and see what new comes out? i know that the x7s have ai nch more of travel but what are the other differences in componets? and how big of a difference would it make?

Unfit Norwegian
    Couldn't you pay 3/4 of the price now, and have it on layaway for a month?

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    thats kind of what i want to do b/c i have a few "friends" that have all of the money right now and they want to "steal it" from me so that was my thought is that i would try and put it on layaway

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Get the 7!!

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    to bad my "friends" bought the last 3 haro extremes in the idaho panhandle, as of this morning. so i am stuck with riding my jamis dakar xc comp untill the 07's come out and then i get to pay $500 more than they payed for the same bike. but i will be able to say my bike is newer and better then theirs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Have you thought about calling any non-local dealers and seeing if they would ship? If you can get a good deal, $100 shipping still puts you ahead of waiting for newer/more expensive stock. Also, the 07s are already out, so it's not like there is going to be some super-badass changes on the ones the LBS gets. You can check out the spec on the 07 models at harobikes.com. Maybe there will be some changes for 08, but 07 "is what it is".

Good luck,
    Chris

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    or what i could do is just earn 2 grand or so and build a custom bike that will make theirs look like pieces of crap. lol what i think is funny is that they think that they will be better bikers than me just b/c of their bikes when i will kick their asses on a 28 pound xc bike untill my frame snaps lol. but they think that the bike makes the rider when you still have to control the bike and its just a hell of alot more rough with out all the travel

Members who have read this thread: 0