Haro X7 pictures- Mtbr.com

Apr 2007

Haro X7 pictures

Please post picutres of your haro X7

thanks

Mar 2007

My 06 X7....Everything....EVERYTHING stock. If it doesn't break..I'm not replacing it.

Apr 2007
    yah thats my bike exactly. how do you like the metel in back. i want to get rid of it as soon as possible

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Heres mine. Rock Shock Boxxer Ride, Fox DHX 5.0, Stan's No tubes, and a few other goodies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apr 2007
    sick what year is that

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    '06 SP180 Works 7( Same frame as X.7)

Apr 2007
    nice thanks

Mar 2007
    Walsh, To be honest, I love it all. Mainly because nothing has broken on it. I've taken that thing off some big jumps, took several good tumbles on it and its held up great. The damn Hayes So1e breaks kinda piss me off though. I call them the rattle bags. They make so much damn noise....junk if you ask me but they stop me when I want to stop. I'm a light guy so a 130 lbs does not really beat the components up like a 180 lb guy would. I use it for Freeride mostly but take it to the streets for some Urban Assault, hit the skate parks up from time to time and just use it like a hardtail and fully in one. I think the tires are poo poo...Replaced a dozen tubes in a month riding around...the guys I ride with replaced nothing....so if I upgrade anything its just going to be the tires for now. I'll have some pics up next week of it in action at Snowshoe...We are going there Fri-Mon. Later

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    180 lb guy, I am 210 and have had to replace nothing. But the tires are junk, put some Nokian Gazzoliddis or some Minions and forget about it.

I ride some freeride and alot of downhill with my Haro.

Apr 2007
    yah i am in between you guys at 160. I to have had no problems but am very tempted to put a rocco on the back. I will most likely hold back on this though untill the metel breaks

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Well, the frame is stock..

click pix for full size

3 sets wheels
    Stock hubs re-laced to Single-trax--stock Kendas
    Hope Pro II (red) Mavic 823..Maxxis DHF/HighRoller MaxiPro 60
    AtomLabs Mavic 823 .. Maxxis DHF/HighRoller 40d

Sram twist-shifters
    Odi shortie lock-ons
    X9 rear
    990 Freewheel(s)
    ElCamino's
    Manitou 6-way 250lb spring (I weigh 170lbs)
    FSA Gravity Gap X type cranks
    Blackspire Stinger chain tensioner..
    Richey seatpost
    WTB seat
    888 RC2X's
    FSA ZeroStack headset
    39-42 lbs depending on the tires..
    My baby..

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm If you go to a different shock

Quote Originally Posted by walshconor
    yah i am in between you guys at 160. I to have had no problems but am very tempted to put a rocco on the back. I will most likely hold back on this though untill the metel breaks
    The Metal R has no compression damping, needs a stiff spring so it doesn't bottom, even though if you weigh 160 (i go 165), and the stock spring is 350lbs (mine was) it is waaaaayyyy too stiff..I also found that if "fades" and you loose rebound when it gets hot..

Go to:
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/springcalc.htm

Use the spring calc. for single pivot..
    I use a 250lb spring with a Manitou 6-way

Rocco can't go wrong..
    Manitou 6-way or 4-way (Manitou was just bought-out by Hayes Brakes...)
    RockShox Vivid.. (not available yet..looks good)

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Kendas suck and So1e stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Camronz
    Walsh, To be honest, I love it all. Mainly because nothing has broken on it. I've taken that thing off some big jumps, took several good tumbles on it and its held up great. The damn Hayes So1e breaks kinda piss me off though. I call them the rattle bags. They make so much damn noise....junk if you ask me but they stop me when I want to stop. I'm a light guy so a 130 lbs does not really beat the components up like a 180 lb guy would. I use it for Freeride mostly but take it to the streets for some Urban Assault, hit the skate parks up from time to time and just use it like a hardtail and fully in one. I think the tires are poo poo...Replaced a dozen tubes in a month riding around...the guys I ride with replaced nothing....so if I upgrade anything its just going to be the tires for now. I'll have some pics up next week of it in action at Snowshoe...We are going there Fri-Mon. Later
    --
    So1e's are kind of a hydraulic version of the mechanical MX2 (same pads, same adjustments)
    The master-cylinder is the same as the MAG
    They require constant adjustment.. there is a small part that is supposed to stop the pads from rattling, but it rarely works..
    Originally I replaced my So1e calipers with G2's I got on eBay..(Jagwire makes a nice hose adapter), and ended up with HFX 9's
    --
    I have El Camino's now, but just ordered some Avid Codes.(4-piston).Need more brakes for Downieville and Weaverville..
    --
    The OEM Kendas are single-ply wire bead.. now sold as the "freeride" version..
    aren't too heavy (950g), roll alot better that the DH version (almost as good as the DTC folding) and they are 50d StickieE
    They have thin sidewalls with no pinch-protection.. so you need to run 30+ psi

In general, Kenda tires have horrible quality control and I have found them to be junk...

Maxxis.. in the 2.50 sizes.. the 2.35's are really small or Michelins..

Sep 2007

Sweet Ride

My Dream Machine. Pedals well and downhill is plush.

Mike S

Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by atenciole
    Heres mine. Rock Shock Boxxer Ride, Fox DHX 5.0, Stan's No tubes, and a few other goodies.

Mines better!!!

Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by c157rsr
    My Dream Machine. Pedals well and downhill is plush.

Mike S

Man, that is sick!

Aug 2007
    Heres mine, almost done with it... rides beyond its class... a great bike.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Sep 2007

howitzer bottom bracket

That is pretty sweet! What kind of Bottom Bracket are you running. I am using the Truvativ Team Howitzer BB on my WERX7 and it is pretty resistant when you throw the pedal in reverse to see how long it free rotates. when i get it close to the torque settings it gets really stiff. this is the second one of the howitzers. i will have to go to a whole new crank set if i switch BBs.

Mike

mtbr member
    May 2005
    It's just the OEM xr howitzer BB. I'll go to the team when it wears out and eventually hit up the holzfeller OCT cranks.

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Need to refinish the BB shell or use a shim

Quote Originally Posted by c157rsr
    That is pretty sweet! What kind of Bottom Bracket are you running. I am using the Truvativ Team Howitzer BB on my WERX7 and it is pretty resistant when you throw the pedal in reverse to see how long it free rotates. when i get it close to the torque settings it gets really stiff. this is the second one of the howitzers. i will have to go to a whole new crank set if i switch BBs.

Mike
    The fault is not the BB, its probably the frame is a bit too wide.. need to refinish or at least remove the paint
    Alternately you might have a missing plastic shim under the left cup...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    hey gravity assist,

nice Ti spring, how much does it weight?

Jan 2008
    this is the only pic of mine that i have, i'll try and get a shot of just the bike later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here's mine, picked it up today, can't wait to ride it ...

mtbr member
    Sweet pics guys!!!

Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by walshconor

In that case, you should start planning to get a roco next week! (lol)

Aug 2007

very light!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcolino
    hey gravity assist,

nice Ti spring, how much does it weight?

Its actually off a Manitou Revox. The shock as a whole ( spring included) weighs under a pound, around 411 grams I think.

the entire bike is around 38 - 40lbs I can never truly tell because I have no Idea which scale is truly calibrated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Nice and Light! ehehe

mtbr member
    Stripped paint, brushed aluminum, custom decals, Marzocchi 888rc on front, Fox DHX 5.0 on rear, SDG I-beam seat/post, new pedals.

Close up of the shock and decals. Font is papyrus, decal is custom totem.

Members who have read this thread: 0