Haro X6 Thread- Mtbr.com

Thread: Haro X6 Thread

Apr 2007

Haro X6 Thread

Let us make this thread for Haro X6 bikes.

I would like to ask a question regarding the X6 2007 chains, when I am using the smallest crank disc and the smallest sprocket, the chain is touching/rubbing the side of the larger crank disc and making a weird noise, is this normal or should I avid this kid of combination in the gears?

mtbr member
    It sounds like your chain is rubbing the front derailleur. The gear combination is weird anyhow...you are "cross-chaining". It's possible you can adjust that out, but it's a combination you really shouldn't be in...you'd want to shift up to your middle ring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

dh jill

i have an x6 and it rubs too, but its just a bad gear combo. hey downhill jill did u choose the colors for the x6 and the shift r5. if u did i think i met u on a trail in san diego!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDHucker858
    i have an x6 and it rubs too, but its just a bad gear combo. hey downhill jill did u choose the colors for the x6 and the shift r5. if u did i think i met u on a trail in san diego!!
    Small world!

I actually choose colors for all the MTB's. It's one of the more fun aspects of my job!

May 2007
    I am the proud new owner of an 06 HARO Extreme X6 I found new on clearance for $700. Last month I bought a K2 Crush for fast smooth trails with no challenges where I can get it up in the road gear now and then and for rides where we jump from street to trail and back.

The Extreme X6 gives me the best of both Worlds with it being a true All Mountain bike unlike the K2 which is more of a heavy XC bike. I too have had a few minor issues with the gearing and front derailleur on my X6. The bike tech lowered the FD all the way to allow more chain clearance on F Derailleur and try to eliminate chain slap and slight chain rub when going over bumps and rough terrain. He tryed to get as much slack out of chain as possible, though it is better, his recommendation is to jump from a 24 tooth chain ring for the Truvativ Howitzer Rukiton to a 26 tooth which he feels will elevate the chain slightly (providing better clearance and provide a little better gear option. Your thoughts on this as we have ordered the chain ring and it is not installed and won't be for another week.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just got my HARO Extreme X6 LT ... still trying to figure out how to set up the bike ... suspension..

Apr 2007

Frame repaint

Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    Small world!

I actually choose colors for all the MTB's. It's one of the more fun aspects of my job!
    If I have my frame repainted, will void my warranty?

What is the best way way to touch up scratches.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush
    I too have had a few minor issues with the gearing and front derailleur on my X6. The bike tech lowered the FD all the way to allow more chain clearance on F Derailleur and try to eliminate chain slap and slight chain rub when going over bumps and rough terrain. He tryed to get as much slack out of chain as possible, though it is better, his recommendation is to jump from a 24 tooth chain ring for the Truvativ Howitzer Rukiton to a 26 tooth which he feels will elevate the chain slightly (providing better clearance and provide a little better gear option. Your thoughts on this as we have ordered the chain ring and it is not installed and won't be for another week.
    You must be running a double front chainring with a bashguard. In case like this, some people do move the FD down a bit to get better clearance since there is no big ring to shift into.

Chain slap is chain slap; it happens. Switching to a larger front ring isn't going to solve your problem. If your chain is slapping around that much, it sounds like you are in a strange gear combination...like in the small ring when going downhill. Is this possible?

You can certainly try the 26T ring in place of the 24T, but I think the only thing you are going to gain is a different gear ratio.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjoyrosana
    If I have my frame repainted, will void my warranty?

What is the best way way to touch up scratches.
    Any warranty issues with re-painted frames are handled on a case-by-case basis. Quite often, existing cracks can be covered up with paint or powdercoat. As long as it's a professional paint job, we generally don't have a problem with it.

You can order touch-up paint from your local Haro dealer. Automotive touch up paint is also a cheap and readily available option. The color may not match perfect, though.

May 2007
    Do Extreme X6's have the same frame as the Shift R3, R5? Also, I have a heavy duty portable fish scale that I am not sure of it's accuracy. I weighed my 18inch X6 and came up with 37 pounds 8 ounces...does this sound close to the real actual weight or is my scale way off?

mtbr member
    No, the Shift bikes and Extreme bikes are different frames.

A little over 37 lbs sounds about right for an Extreme X6.

Apr 2007

What are the rear shock specs for 2006 Haro x6?

What are the rear shock specs (eye-to-eye and stroke) for the 2006 haro x6?

Thanks

Shop *****
    7.875"x2.25" eye 2 eye/stroke
    I found that out the hard way. Now, if somoene would freakin' reply on how to get a DERAILLEUR HANGER, because my LBS can't even contact HARO.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    so how do you all like your xtreme X6

Apr 2007
    I would like to upgrade my tires to a 2.5 or larger one, can my X6 accomodate one or I cannot ise a 2.5 tire in the X6, if yes, what brand and model?

Should I replace the rims if I change my wheelset?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    2.5's are pretty wide for that bike. I'd stick with a 2.35 or narrower. You might be able to get away with a 2.4 depending on the tire.

Not sure I understand your last question. Your rims are part of your wheelset.

Apr 2007
    But most dh bikes uses 2.5, so I cannot use 2.5 in this bike or larger tires.

What I mean is that if I change tires, I will also change rims?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hi glenjoyrosana,

i dont think you could fit a 2.5 in the rear because the seatstays are quite narrow. you could try a 2.4 but the wheels might rub the stays especially with mud and a little tire flex. changing to a wider rim, like a sun singletrack which is 32mm, would widen the track of your current tire. stock rims is around 28mm, using a 32mm make your tire look bigger.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    2.35 is what comes stock, isnt it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjoyrosana
    But most dh bikes uses 2.5, so I cannot use 2.5 in this bike or larger tires.

What I mean is that if I change tires, I will also change rims?
    The X6 isn't a DH bike; it's considered an all-mountain bike.

You would be pushing it with 2.5 tires. Even 2.4's would be a push. You can give either a try since some manufacturer's tires run narrow (like Kenda). But like Bubuchacha said, you run the risk of such a wide tire rubbing on the frame when the tire picks up mud, picks up a stone, or flexes.

No need to change your rims if you change tires.

May 2007

I'm going other direction

I just went down from 2.35 Kenda's on my X6 to WTB Mutano Raptors Race 2.24's and couldn't be happier, just a tad squirmy in comparison but great overall traction and a much needed speed boost. I'd sure hate to have to pedal that X6 with 2.5's on it, Mutano Raptors do come in 2.4's I believe but I haven't seen them, they also make a 2.55 lower profile knob tire the Weirwolf. Good Luck!

May 2007
    I've been running a 2.5" IRC trailbear on the back of my X6 with no problems.

Members who have read this thread: 0