Haro X6- Mtbr.com

Thread: Haro X6

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Haro X6

So my 18" Haro X6 should get to the store and be ready to pickup hopefully tomorrow for sure Tuesday.

Anything I should know about/do to/adjust on it?

Anyone else have one of these?

mtbr member
    Your local shop should be helping you with this...that's part of the purchase price!

You didn't say what level rider you are, so my apologies if you already know this stuff:

-Proper tire pressure
    -Seat height for your height and type of riding you do
    -Ask them if they offer any sort of lifetime tune-ups or at least adjustments after your first few rides. It's common for new cable to stretch after they've been ridden a few times, so you may have to have your derailleurs adjusted.
    -Have them go over general maintenence like chain lubing, etc.
    -The X6 is coil sprung for average rider weight in both the fork and rear shock, but you may need to change spring rates based on your actual weight and the type of riding you do. The shop can discuss this with you and make recommendations.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Haha thanks, I'd say I'm intermediate, so I know stuff like that. I mean like are there parts that are frequently trouble etc. Or like OEM parts I should replace with aftermarket?

The spring rate is a good point though, I'll have them adjust it since I'm 6'3" 230lbs.

mtbr member
    I've had an X6 for over a year and here's what I've done. First off I really do love the bike, I find it to be a excellent trail bike and has no major problems with all the small jumps and rough rides I put it through. But some problems I ran into were: the tire tubes blew out the first month. They actually both blew out at the same time on the same rock. I've since put the biggest most heavy duty tubes I could find in those Kendas and have had no problems. I upgraded the fork to a Manitou Travis a couple months ago which I think was the best upgrade I could have made for the bike. It makes it handle so much better and vastly improved the riding experience. The only mechanical problem I've run into was that the single pivet went out causing the back end to get real sloppy. It was an easy fix, replacement parts didn't even cost $20, but the guys at the shop said it was a somewhat common issue. Certainly isn't a reason not to buy the bike though and it took almost a year of hard riding for it to happen. You've made a fine choice, I promise you'll be happy with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks sullie. I think for christmas I'll upgrade the fork, it's too slushy for my tastes...

May 2007

X6 is a heavy beast

If you want a trail bike an X^ is pretty hefty. I had one I bought for trail riding it was quite a workout moving those Kenda 2.35 tires (heavy) The frame is heavy too. If your not downhilling or jumping a lot an XC bike like the Sonix is the ticket. I made the mistake with the X6 trying to make it a lighter bike for XC and it turned into sheer frustration. I hope you enjoy the X6 and take it on real All Mountain terrain as thats where it belongs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well I'm a pretty big guy, and yeah the bike is a little heavy, but for me it's probably alot less of a workout than most of the people who will be riding an 18" X6. I love the width of the tires, makes roots almost a non-issue, and look badass if I do say so.

So I've had it over three months now and LOVE it. It is SOOOOOO much better than my previous two treks, and just great. Still think I'm going to upgrade the fork once I get some modifications to the truck done.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by My Porsche
    Well I'm a pretty big guy, and yeah the bike is a little heavy, but for me it's probably alot less of a workout than most of the people who will be riding an 18" X6. I love the width of the tires, makes roots almost a non-issue, and look badass if I do say so.

So I've had it over three months now and LOVE it. It is SOOOOOO much better than my previous two treks, and just great. Still think I'm going to upgrade the fork once I get some modifications to the truck done.
    Awesome! Glad to hear you are enjoying your X6, Porsche!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    Awesome! Glad to hear you are enjoying your X6, Porsche!
    too bad now I had the tinkering/modifying bug... = $///

Members who have read this thread: 0