Haro Werx 7 VS Santa Cruz Bullet..- Mtbr.com

Aug 2007

Haro Werx 7 VS Santa Cruz Bullet..

Hey, does anyone know who came up with the frame design originally? Santa Cruz or Haro? Its just a question out of curiosity.

My buddy got a brand new, top of the line, Santa Cruz Bullet for freeride, and intermediate DH; I must say, it is a peace of crap... When I read the article that said it only weighed in the low 30's, I thought to myself, Wow, impressive. But then I got to see his up front, and it sucks! they weight weenied the $(&T out of that thing, but other then that, its nothing great, and still rediculously priced...

I fitted my X7 frame to rival that of the werx.. replaced the dropoff and Metal with a Travis TPC and an Evolver ISX 6, completely sick! I would recomend this set up to anyone. Got the drive train at half XTR, trying to get the 2007 front crank to get it full... it will weight low to mid 30's when I'm done with it as well. I thought about getting the Zion, but this bike pedals so well now that there would be no point... heck, Haro had it catagoized as their All-mountain bike not too long ago.

If anyone has a better set up for this bike, please let me know... I'm always up for better ideas.

thanks.

mtbr member
    Both the X7 and the SC Bullet are single-pivot frames; single pivot is one of the oldest full-suspension designs used by many manufacturers including Haro, SC, Ellsworth, Cannondale, Orange, etc. Nishiki was one of the first manufacturers of these frames...so all the rest of us are behind them.

Compare the SC Bullit geometry to the X7 and you'll see they are pretty similar. You can buy a complete X7 for about the same price as a SC Bullit frameset. Thinking about the Bullit because it's made in the USA? Think again...those babies are made in Taiwan these days.

Here's another little known fact...we redesigned the X6 and X7 frames a few years back. The engineer who did the redesign for us used to do all the design work for SC several years ago. He's the same guy who designed our Virtual Link bikes.

Members who have read this thread: 0