Haro Employee!!! 2007 Escape weight- Mtbr.com
    Mtbr

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Haro Employee!!! 2007 Escape weight

How much would a 2007 Haro Escape Sport weigh? Even just an estimate? I'm also wondering, any particular component(crank, deraileurs, brakes, fork, handlebars, wheels, tires) that is pretty heavy and could be replaced for something lighter? Thanks for your help

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    If you are concerned about weight, a Flightline expert might be a better choice. it weighs around 29 lbs. the escape is "overbuilt" to withstand abuse.
    MTBR disclaimer- Work in the industry from time 2 time. For the majority of the stuff that I use, I didn't pay retail price.

mtbr member
    My o7 comp is around 32 lbs.

Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kidcurry73
    My o7 comp is around 32 lbs.
    Yeah this is what I was told mine was.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    My 18" '07 Escape Sport is almost 32 lbs. I replaced the tube and tires with a high volume kevlar bead 2.0 which dropped the weight by 2 lbs. There are definitely a lot of lighter counterparts for all the spec'd components on the bike. But for the budget and intended purpose, it's already a great deal. A crank and fork replacement will give the biggest weight savings after the tires. Replacing both will significantly increase the price of the bike if not double it.

I agree with the post above. If weight is an issue, start with the flightline.

Mtbr
    I already bought a 2007 Haro Escape Sport 8.2(sport) while at the bike shop looking at flightline's, and it cost me $500 at my lbs. I have already upgraded both deraileurs to x.9, I am in the process of buying a new crank, and maybe, possibly, probably not, an air fork to replace the heavy, but decent MZ Race.

Members who have read this thread: 0