Haro Demo-in-a-box- Mtbr.com
    Haro Sonix LT VL120
    May 2006

New question here. Haro Demo-in-a-box

Hi,

Has anyone done this? I am trying to find out if it costs anything to participate but the local Haro bike shops don't seem to know anything about it. I emailed Haro but they haven't responded yet. This demo is advertised on the Haro website and in Mountain Biking Action and it says to have your local bike shop call Haro and have the bike you want to demo shipped to them. They say nothing about if you have to pay the shipping or a demo cost and I find it hard to believe that it would be free. If you have done this, what did it involve?

Thanks,
    David

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It is free. Tell your LBS to call their inside sales rep and check when the bike and the size that you want to demo will be available. Most everyone is at interbike this week. So you might not get an answer until next week. If I remember correctly, LBS gets it for about a week. But they will need some time to assemble/ disassemble.
    MTBR disclaimer- Work in the industry from time 2 time. For the majority of the stuff that I use, I didn't pay retail price.

Haro Sonix LT VL120
    May 2006
    Thanks for the reply. I am going to the LBS today and see if they could call. this seems too good to be true.

David

mtbr member
    Alot of companies seem to be doing this lately, ive done this with another bike manufacture and it worked so well i went ahead and ordered the bike i demo'd. I really like the bike in a box demo, cause most of the lbs in my area don't cary high end 6" travel bikes.

Haro Sonix LT VL120
    May 2006
    What other companies do this? I have only ever ridden hardtails so I want to see what it's like riding a 5" xc bike.

David

mtbr member
    not to take anything from haro cause they make great bikes, i happen to own 3 haro bikes. But i know Marin bikes also does the demo in the box thing also, check out the section on the forum and go to their site www.marinbikes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0