haro bike prices?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2007

haro bike prices?

their website does not say the prices so i e mailed them and they told me to ask my lbs for the prices and they dont even know the prices. all they have is the v's. i want to know the prices of....

-thread 8
    -thread 1
    -extreme x6

my own local haro dealer dident even know what the thread 1 was and had no clue of any of the prices for any haro bike.

May 2007
    wow thats horrible! well here are specs from what I know in my shop:

Haro X6 : around $990
    Haro Thread 8: Around $840
    Haro Thread 1: Around $660

And your lbs (if a haro dealer) could have easily called up and asked for prices and they should have a 2007 MTB price book. That is ridiculous. Sorry you had such a bad day with them. Also check out a Haro X7 (around $1650) I have one and L O V E I T!)

Good Luck Man

Jan 2007
    thanks

May 2007
    no problem man

Three sheets to the wind
    This is a good one for downhilljill. (Jill Hamilton-Haro brand manger) Last I heard, there is an MSRP range, which is up to each dealer, as the pricing is different at different dealers, which of course caused some anger if a dealer was asking more than the Haro site listed. This is a recent developement. I would check with a few dealers, and try to play them...just like buying a car. For what it's worth, my partner and I both just bought new rides for cash and got killer deals...like I need another bike...

Jan 2007
    what do you guys think is a better deal ( be fair ).
    tha aniki for $900 or the extreme x6 for $1000

the aniki is capable of 7" of travel

Apr 2007
    the aniki is pretty sick looking, but my vote goes to the x6. kind of like sr suntour forks, spinner forks are not my favorite. just a personal preference though.

Jan 2007
    ya the x6 has a nicer fork but the aniki frame is beautiful with the bent bar, square tubing and the swing arm.

Three sheets to the wind
    X6 all the way...

May 2007
    get the X7 dude ... I promise you wont be disappointed.

Apr 2007
    the aniki does have a sick frame
    X6 Baby!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebryce
    their website does not say the prices so i e mailed them and they told me to ask my lbs for the prices and they dont even know the prices. all they have is the v's. i want to know the prices of....

-thread 8
    -thread 1
    -extreme x6

my own local haro dealer dident even know what the thread 1 was and had no clue of any of the prices for any haro bike.
    Ugh, it's stories like this that make me cringe...but you can always count on getting an answer from me here. Here are some MSRP's for you:

Thread Eight $875
    Thread One $700
    Extreme X6 $1090

These are just used as guides; your dealers prices might be higher or lower than this. Like bawitaba said, we don't publish our MSRP's because they are just that...suggested. Some dealers are able to get more than MSRP and get a little cranky with us when consumers come in and say, "Well, the Haro website said....". So it's easier to just leave it off. Helps keep the peace that way.

Regarding your "what bike should I buy" dilemma, I obviously won't give my opinion since I'm not exactly impartial. The advice I will give you is buy the best bike for your money and the one that will best suit your needs and riding style. Compare the spec between all the bikes you are considering; what you aren't sure of, ask questions. You'll find everyone has an opinion, it's up to you what you do with those opinions.

It's a lot of money to spend, so buy the bike that will ultimately make YOU happy. Whether you buy a Haro or any other brand, I'm just stoked to see people buying bikes.

Jun 2007
    Newbe looking into making my first mtb purchase. I didn't want to start a new thread. I am looking into getting something AM or XC. Can someone tell me what the retail price of the Sonix and Sonix LT are? Also looking to get my fiance one as well. I was looking at the V4 for her.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sonix: $1960
    Sonix LT: $2610
    V4: $610

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I just picked up a 2005 Haro Zero Eight for 300 usd in great shape with an extra 24' rear wheel. Did I get a good deal? Also it has a manitou 100mm fork that I wanna upgrade with something 130mm+, what would you guys recomend?

Unfit Norwegian
    I wouldn't. A frame designed for a 100mm fork, and already with pretty slack geometry, probably won't handle very nice with 130mm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Well I know this isn't really the place to get love for Ironhorse since it's the Haro section but.... FYI, the '06 Aniki is $600 at RS cycle if that makes a difference. That being said, from what heard and read about the Aniki is the frame is tough but the components are pretty terrible.

Unfit Norwegian
    BTW: Are you sure it's a 2005? According to http://www.harobikes.com/2005/mtb/ there were no Zero Eights in 2005, and in 2006, the Zero Eight had a 130mm Manitou Splice fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/245814/
    It is advertised as an 05 with a manitou splce 100mm fork. What do you guys think

Members who have read this thread: 0