Haor x7 upgrade to rocco- Mtbr.com

Apr 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Haor x7 upgrade to rocco

I have an x7 with a manitou metel oem 9.5x3.0. I want to upgrade to a rocco rc but dont want to spend 40 bucks on new mounting hardware. i was wondering if the hardware on there now will do the trick.

also for a 160 pound rider what is a good spring weight 300, 350...?????

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I can't answer the hardware question, but a good resource for ballpark spring weights can be found here

Chris

mtbr member
    You'd probably want to contact Marzocchi about the hardware. You'll need 22.2mm hardware for the frame mount and 25.4mm for the shock mount. Fox hardware will fit the Rocco however Manitou won't.

On our stock bikes, the 16" comes with a 300-lb spring and the 18" comes with a 350 lb...these are based on optimum spring weights for riders of average weights. At 160, you're within this range, but you might want to experiment with some different weights based on the type of riding you do.

Jul 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Jill, this is the BEST place..

Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    You'd probably want to contact Marzocchi about the hardware. You'll need 22.2mm hardware for the frame mount and 25.4mm for the shock mount. Fox hardware will fit the Rocco however Manitou won't.

On our stock bikes, the 16" comes with a 300-lb spring and the 18" comes with a 350 lb...these are based on optimum spring weights for riders of average weights. At 160, you're within this range, but you might want to experiment with some different weights based on the type of riding you do.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<

http://www.tftunedshox.com/springcalc.htm

Easy to use.. is very accurate

It told me at 163 lbs to use a 250lb spring I do, and it is perfect...

Members who have read this thread: 0