Escape fork choices- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Escape fork choices

I want to get a pike for the escape. It has u-turn so I can adjust the height, but can I use it at max travel? Am I better off getting a revelation?

mtbr member
    Just try it, if you already sure to get it ..

mtbr member
    When my tora takes a dump I'm going to get the pike. I run my tora at about 100mm most the time unless Im on an extended down hill, then I will crank it up. How much total travel does the pike have at its max setting? If it s 130 or 140 I would image you would be fine.

Haro Product Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherdude4eva
    I want to get a pike for the escape. It has u-turn so I can adjust the height, but can I use it at max travel? Am I better off getting a revelation?
    Keep in mind if you get the Pike you will have to build up a thru axle front wheel.
    Both forks are awesome you wouldnt go wrong with either choices, I would tend to steer you torwards the Revelation. I ride with a few people that have that fork and they love it!

They choice is up to you but keep in mind the extra exspense of the new front wheel too.

Apr 2007
    does the revelation require a new wheel build? im also looking to upgrade to an adjustable fork(preferably 80-120 or 130) in a year or so. i was thinking the tora. what are the adjustments on teh revelation?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    XCking,

for the revelation you can have 100-130, and 85-130

PatSS,

I'm aware that getting a Pike will mean a new kind of hub. Will a pike void the frame warranty? And will there be drastic changes in handling when the fork is at 145 mm?
    Also since I'm looking for a new front wheel to go with the fork as well, can someone lead me in the direction? I'd rather have a heavier wheel with lots of strength opposed to a weak weight weenie wheel. But not TOO Heavy. thanks

Haro Product Manager
    It will not void your warranty but a fork with an longer travel will handle very terrible on a bike that is only designed for 120mm. My personal choice would be the Revelation.

Members who have read this thread: 0