Cool shops that stock Haro's ...........- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cool shops that stock Haro's ...........

If your ever in the soon to be "Mecca" of Mtn biking here in Oregon be sure to stop by my friends at ....... WillametteMountainMerchantile

Located in the ( I'm telling you guys/gals now, thank me later) beautiful mountain town of

Oakridge_Oregon

And when your hungry go here..... http://www.trailheadcoffee.com/ get the breakfast burrito thats covered in sausage gravy

Where do you like to shop????

SuperInstigator
    Tolland Bicycle-Tolland, Connecticut, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way, Universe. If you ever are in the area, stop in and say hi. I'll be the unpaid child laborer in the back who doesn't talk and works on bikes for free food and discounts.

They deal Haro, Giant, Jamis, and Ellsworth (yes, Ellsworth), and some road brands like Pinarello...

Dave, along with other seasonal employees, and a few interns like me) are no-nonsense, straight to the point, and are just good people. (excluding me)

http://tollandbicycle.com/

Check 'em out.
    Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Mtbr
    Downingtown Bike Shop, Stocks Cannondale, Haro, Diamond Back, Raleigh, Sun. They are very down to eath honest, and they do carry Haro Mountain bikes(most shops around here only carry the bmx), Located in Downingtown PA

http://www.downingtownbike.com/

mtbr member
    This is an awesome thread! One of the thing our MTB line struggles with is we're known as the "BMX company", so far more of our shops carry our BMX line than our Haro line. I'd really like to hear what good shops in your area stock Haro MTB.

Something to keep in mind if you are looking for a Haro is don't be shy about asking a shop that only stocks our BMX bikes if they'd be willing to order a MTB for you. Most will be happy to do so.

mtbr member
    Bike Empire in Poway, CA. Action Cyclery in Mira Mesa also slangs Haro. In fact they have a couple of the last 357 Magnums in stock...

mtbr member
    If your broke down in Eugene Oregon then head for Bike_Barn

Their about the only shop that will work on your bike right now/right then...... and are happy to do it.........

mtbr member
    HIGH GEAR

In Prescott Arizona...they stock some Haro mostly the Flightline series but they will order in anything you need. They have been great to me so far. They also carry Trek and Cdale plus a few more I cant remember.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    www.action-wheels.com
    Action Wheels is a great little shop in Bethlehem, PA. They stock Haro mountain bikes, as well as Specialized, Intense, Black Market, and Transition!! If you stop in tell them John from Steel City Tattoo sent you! www.steelcity-pa.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    This is an awesome thread! One of the thing our MTB line struggles with is we're known as the "BMX company", so far more of our shops carry our BMX line than our Haro line. I'd really like to hear what good shops in your area stock Haro MTB.
    Jill.....
    IMO if Haro had E Porter and C Zink ride each bike from the DJ to X-6/7 to the W-7 and had short clips to go with each bikes page that would IMO (who am I? ) Show what could be done or maybe even more important what's done on them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    Jill.....
    IMO if Haro had E Porter and C Zink ride each bike from the DJ to X-6/7 to the W-7 and had short clips to go with each bikes page that would IMO (who am I? ) Show what could be done or maybe even more important what's done on them.
    We just might do that. We're in the process of getting the new website together.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Cedar Bike 2 shops Scranton and Olyphant, Pa. Dave Johns owner, Bill Puchalski, Rob Gregory top Techs....shop quote "Hey ya want a coffee"

Main Bike World Kingston, Pa Richy Rosa owner...top mechanics Chuck (just the tip) Menziff and Chris (Richard Childress Racing) Jacobs...LOL! Great Guys!

Plains Bike...Kevin Czekalski....the BMX king!

Three sheets to the wind
    My favorite Haro dealer shop where I have purchased 3 bikes already is Valley Cycle Shop 139 East Route 59 in Spring Valley, New York, (845) 356-3179. Rich runs it, and if he tolerates me, it has to be a good shop. 2 years of free maintenance on any new bike you buy, best prices on bikes anywhere and excellent wrenches in back.
    His brother runs the Bicycle Depot at 9 East Central Avenue in Pearl River, New York, (845) 735-8686. I've picked parts there before no complaints from me....

mtbr member

AVOID this shop

Theres a bike shop here in Eugene Or that sells Haro but needs to be avoided.

Scott's Extreme Ride Shop...............
    This guy is a spinner of tall tales, when the shop opened (down the street from my house) I thought cool a shop really close. I go in there and meet the guy, find out he's from San Diego also, he's a So.Cal talker, being from N County my BS-radar goes to full protect mode.

I will always remember his first words, "yeah I sold 3 X-6s last week" the reason he's stating he has none. Well all he had were Flightlines and Del Sols. I go back in within a mnth and his story changed to " Yeah I just got 3 X-6s ripped off " So even a few months go by and I go back end and he says, he just sold all his X-6 and X-7s he had in stock. You can see his shop from the street, I drive by it everyday, never seen one.

We have a high end DJ/Park BMX shop a couple of blocks from the Extreme ride shop, the BMX shop fixes the other shops F-ups. Unfortunately the Ext shop is getting a bad name.

Then my son on his 2006 X-7, we bought from Willamette Mountain Merch, goes for a ride with his buddy on his Kona Stinky. They pull up the the Extreme Ride shop and the guy meets them at the door. He grabs my sons bike and flips it over and takes the serial # off it. My son is 6-1" 210, his friend 6'2". The guys tells my son that he just got his "personal" X-7 ripped off. Well back up a few months and the guy tells me he rides a 2008 X-7 all tricked out So my son grabs his bike back and says F-U and takes off.

I'd like to hear from Haro themselves how many X-6 and X-7 this shop has ever stocked. And why dosent' he have anything but Flightlines for a Extreme ride shop ????

We have several Haro dealers here in Eugene up in my first post, when in Eugene go to them.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    Back to the subject of good Haro dealers, I'll have to put in a good word for my favorite shop. Hampton Trails Bikes in Hampton, TN. We've bought a couple bikes from him now as well as plenty of parts and clothing. Brian has always hooked us up with the best deals you can imagine. He also deals Litespeed, BMC, Santa Cruz, and Bianchi. If my memory is correct, he's also the #13 Haro dealer in the country, not bad for a small shop in a very small town.
    i ride bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly_hank
    Back to the subject of good Haro dealers, I'll have to put in a good word for my favorite shop. Hampton Trails Bikes in Hampton, TN.
    Where in the world is Hampton TN? My friend, Joe Brown has a little LBS in Cumberland Gap TN. He pretty much runs the Flightline series w/ a few Heartland bikes thrown in for the rails to trails folks. Harper's Schwin in Knoxville also has an extensive inventory of MTBs and Haro Road bikes

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gap_rider
    Where in the world is Hampton TN? My friend, Joe Brown has a little LBS in Cumberland Gap TN. He pretty much runs the Flightline series w/ a few Heartland bikes thrown in for the rails to trails folks. Harper's Schwin in Knoxville also has an extensive inventory of MTBs and Haro Road bikes
    Not too far from Johnson City, TN. MAP
    i ride bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Not too far from Johnson City, TN. MAP
    Yea, I just googled it after my post. On the road to Roan Mtn. Awesome country up that way. Maybe my son and I can road trip over there and you take us for a ride on a trail or two. Have a great weeknd!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    Theres a bike shop here in Eugene Or that sells Haro but needs to be avoided.

Scott's Extreme Ride Shop...............
    This guy is a spinner of tall tales, when the shop opened (down the street from my house) I thought cool a shop really close. I go in there and meet the guy, find out he's from San Diego also, he's a So.Cal talker, being from N County my BS-radar goes to full protect mode.

I will always remember his first words, "yeah I sold 3 X-6s last week" the reason he's stating he has none. Well all he had were Flightlines and Del Sols. I go back in within a mnth and his story changed to " Yeah I just got 3 X-6s ripped off " So even a few months go by and I go back end and he says, he just sold all his X-6 and X-7s he had in stock. You can see his shop from the street, I drive by it everyday, never seen one.

We have a high end DJ/Park BMX shop a couple of blocks from the Extreme ride shop, the BMX shop fixes the other shops F-ups. Unfortunately the Ext shop is getting a bad name.

Then my son on his 2006 X-7, we bought from Willamette Mountain Merch, goes for a ride with his buddy on his Kona Stinky. They pull up the the Extreme Ride shop and the guy meets them at the door. He grabs my sons bike and flips it over and takes the serial # off it. My son is 6-1" 210, his friend 6'2". The guys tells my son that he just got his "personal" X-7 ripped off. Well back up a few months and the guy tells me he rides a 2008 X-7 all tricked out So my son grabs his bike back and says F-U and takes off.

I'd like to hear from Haro themselves how many X-6 and X-7 this shop has ever stocked. And why dosent' he have anything but Flightlines for a Extreme ride shop ????

We have several Haro dealers here in Eugene up in my first post, when in Eugene go to them.
    Scott's supports our entire Haro line. He buys mostly Flightlines, Heartlands, and BMX bikes and sells a lot of them. Sorry Cascade, but I can't really comment about the specifics on the bikes he has ordered in the past.

mtbr member
    Back to the subject of good Haro dealers, I'll have to put in a good word for my favorite shop. Hampton Trails Bikes in Hampton, TN. We've bought a couple bikes from him now as well as plenty of parts and clothing. Brian has always hooked us up with the best deals you can imagine. He also deals Litespeed, BMC, Santa Cruz, and Bianchi. If my memory is correct, he's also the #13 Haro dealer in the country, not bad for a small shop in a very small town.
    Hampton Trails Bike Shop and Brian White are awesome! That's one of our best shops in the nation.

ride hard take risks
    If your in the GnarCal area The Peddler in El Sobrante sells Haro. Bought 3 bikes from them and they have been around a long time.

http://www.theped.com/

I dont shop there any more though.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    My favorite Haro shop is Downingtown http://www.downingtownbike.com/
    Ken and George are the type of LBS guys you want to support because they stock the HARO MTBs and will exceed your expectations every time. I have two HAROs from this shop and found them through other riders who had recommended them. I hope they can survive through this economy as they are a valuable resource.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ewbee
    My favorite Haro shop is Downingtown http://www.downingtownbike.com/
    Ken and George are the type of LBS guys you want to support because they stock the HARO MTBs and will exceed your expectations every time. I have two HAROs from this shop and found them through other riders who had recommended them. I hope they can survive through this economy as they are a valuable resource.
    Sweetness awesome to hear!!! a good LBS is harder to find than create.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

tl1
    Bicyclist

Cycletherapy Waterford MI

I love this shop. The people are very friendly, helpful and know what they're doing on mechanical stuff. They support the MMBA, local trail efforts and support local racers. I came thiiiis close to buying a Mary there in Spring 2007 but I ended up getting a Salsa El Mariachi from them instead and I love that bike to this day. I still think the Mary is a great bike though. I'd like to buy a Beasley 1 X 9 there this year if finances permit.

http://ctbicycles.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0