Anyone know when the 2008 Haros come out?- Mtbr.com

Jun 2007

Anyone know when the 2008 Haros come out?

I was pretty disheartend when my LBS informed me that Haro was out of the 16" 2007 Shift R5 that I ordered back in the middle of June. I ended up going with the R3. I'm still wondering if that was a good idea or not. I just didnt want to wait until September for a new bike and I was pretty set on the R5. I'm sure I am going to like the R3 but I have yet to receive it. I will post pics/reviews when it arrives.

mtbr member
    This is actually the first time I've discussed this in a public arena, but only because the opportunity really hasn't come up.

Going forward, we're actually going away from specific model years along the lines of what Santa Cruz, Intense, and others have been doing for years. We'll actually have 2 product launches a year which may include new products, color changes, or other fun stuff. It really will give us the freedom to introduce new colors and products when we feel the market needs them rather than be tied to the "Big Bang" of traditional product introductions right around the time of Interbike. Most of our parts manufacturers don't introduce brand-new product every year, so why should we? And when they do, we'll be ready to be among the first to use it on our bikes.

Some of the bikes you see in the line today are the first of our non-model year specific bikes. Those include all Sonix, all Xeons, Extreme X6, and Extreme X6LT. So in other words, those bikes will appear in our new catalog just as you see them today with zero changes.

We have other "2008" (for lack of a better term) in stock now...Flightline Series (formerly V-Series bikes) and Mary SS/XC. Most all the rest of the line will hit our warehouses within the next 60 to 90 days. Shift bikes are slated to arrive sometime in August.

Sorry about the novel here...I know it's sort of a long, complex answer to a simple question!

I'm a dog person
    Non-model year specific production sounds good...but how do we reference a frame when we are discussing it? By serial number?
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

mtbr member
    I was almost in the same boat...but they found the one I wanted . I thought about waiting for the new ones to come out but riding this 24inch cruiser around is killing my knees.

I just hope they dont change much in the "08" Escape Comp...I just ordered the 07 and if they swap the crappy azz Juicy 3s for something better in 08... . Thats the one spec that I was not very fond of.

Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    Shift bikes are slated to arrive sometime in August.

Sorry about the novel here...I know it's sort of a long, complex answer to a simple question!
    Thanks!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So, DHJill, how about that 29er Sonix?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emptybeer
    Non-model year specific production sounds good...but how do we reference a frame when we are discussing it? By serial number?
    Model names will still apply. Probably the best way to reference is by when the bike was purchased.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadi
    So, DHJill, how about that 29er Sonix?
    Still in works. We should receive prototypes here very soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Sweet. Thanks. I'm intrigued by the sonix, but don't want a 26.

Three sheets to the wind
    Any word on when Haro may launch a full out DH bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawitdaba
    Any word on when Haro may launch a full out DH bike?
    No plans for the immediate future. The DH market will need to show signs it's healthier than it is at the moment.

Jun 2007
    Is there a reason why they only offer one color for each model? I loved the componants that came w/the R5 but have never been a fan of grey. The white pearl on the R3 was much more sexy so for that reason alone I am happy I ended up with the R3. I know it is easier for production but I sure would love some more choices. We have painted quite a few bikes for the LBS customers that loved the bike but hated the color. When you are looking at an additional $250.00 and up to change color on a bike, thats telling me there are more people out there that want some choices.

mtbr member
    SKU management. The more colors you have, the more of a headache it tends to be to manage from both a sales and production standpoint.

But, we've gotten feedback that we need to have a second color option on these bikes, so the new entry level Shift bikes will come in 2 colorways.

Apr 2007
    what are the specs on the Top of the Line flightiline(best in series). im about to order my escape, but wondering about the flightline. is it just a new name for the v series, or are ther bettter bikes w/ better components available in this series
    now?

Jun 2007
    SKU management. The more colors you have, the more of a headache it tends to be to manage from both a sales and production standpoint.

But, we've gotten feedback that we need to have a second color option on these bikes, so the new entry level Shift bikes will come in 2 colorways.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    I can not say anything about the specs because I did not look that close, but they have 2 of the new flightlines in flat black at my LBS and they are a much better looking bike than the old two tone models. The frame does not look as beefy as the Escape but IMO they are more XC types bikes where as the Escape is geared more toward the AM type riding. So realy it depends on what you want to do with it.
    If the specs are close to the old V series then for the price they are pretty good bikes. Before I ordered my Escape I looked at the V4 and almosty went with it, but I decided that due to my size the beefier frame would be an asset.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XCKing820
    what are the specs on the Top of the Line flightiline(best in series). im about to order my escape, but wondering about the flightline. is it just a new name for the v series, or are ther bettter bikes w/ better components available in this series
    now?
    Yes, the new Flightline series replaces our old V-Series bikes. We decided these bikes needed a bit of a face-lift, so we re-named them and gave them a whole new look.

The Flightline Expert is the top-of-the-line model; it retails for about $875 and is available in our warehouse now. Here are the spec highlights:

Flightline Expert
    • Formerly V5
    • Haro V-Gusset 6061 aluminum frame with lower stand over height
    • Double butted frame
    • RockShox Dart 3 100mm travel fork with TurnKey lockout and preload adjust
    • Shimano Deore RapidFire 9-speed shifters
    • Shimano XT rear derailleur
    • New Shimano M485 hydraulic disc brakes
    • WTB Rocket V Comp saddle
    • Shimano Octalink crank/BB set
    • Kenda Komodo 2.1 tires
    • WTB SX24 double wall rims
    • 1 colorway: Crθme Brulee

Nice little hardtail XC bike for less than a grand!

mtbr member
    Crθme Brulee

Jun 2007
    I'm guessing kind of a tan with some orange in it.

Apr 2007
    how bout the flightline comp???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidcurry73
    Crθme Brulee
    Bam!

mtbr member
    how bout the flightline comp???
    Flightline Comp
    • Formerly V4
    • Haro V-Gusset 6061 aluminum frame with lower stand over height
    • Double butted downtube
    • RockShox Dart 2 100mm travel fork with TurnKey lockout and preload adjust
    • Shimano Deore RapidFire 9-speed shifters
    • Shimano Deore rear derailleur
    • Hayes MX-4 mechanical disc brakes
    • WTB Speed V saddle
    • Truvativ ISO-Flow crankset
    • Kenda Komodo 2.1 tires
    • Double wall rims
    • 2 colorways: Sasparilla and SG Black

Apr 2007
    Could you post pic of saparilla w/ price?Expert looks sick!!!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hey jill, how about any news about the specs and colors of the haro x7 for 2008?

mtbr member
    Could you post pic of saparilla w/ price?Expert looks sick!!!
    MSRP about $600

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubuchacha
    hey jill, how about any news about the specs and colors of the haro x7 for 2008?
    Can't reveal much info on the new X7 since it will be a Fall release and not an early release like the Flightlines. All I can tell you is it looks hot and has a great spec. Think fade paint job.

mtbr member
    The FlightLine looks way awsome I LOVE THAT COLOR!!!...and it looks like the web site will look pretty good also.

Apr 2007

Listen!

Are the 08 escapes ready? if so, can i see some pics and specs for the base model. please and thank you downhilljill. Also, help the poor guy with the X6 questions. no reply for a day or so. Gracias!!!

mtbr member
    No, 08 Escapes will not be here for another couple of months. Nope, won't release details either; it too early. We'll release details to the public once we've had the official product launch for our reps and dealers.

Don't see what thread you're talking about X6 questions needing answers. From what I can tell, all have been answered.

Apr 2007
    i meant the x7 one. thanks for the help though. ill post pics of my o7 copper escape as soon as it gets here!!!

mtbr member
    My 07 Escape Comp just came in...pics to follow!!

SHE IS A BEAST!!! Platinum, while not my first color choice, is way nice and realy pops in the sun! Trail ride tonight!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I want to see the escapes!

mtbr member
    Picked her up today on my lunch break and took her out to some trails near Lynx lake in Prescott after work. It was so much FUN. Its so much better than I had hoped. This is an awsome bike!!!!

Quick shot. It was getting dark and I used no flash so it a bit out of focus.

And might I say that whom ever specd this seat and post for this bike was a FREAKIN GENIUS!!! Its pert near perfect.
    Last edited by kidcurry73; 07-13-2007 at 04:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Awesome bike. you're gonna love it. I got an escape too cept just the normal one. But its in the LBS gettin juicy 7 7 inch front 6 rear. Down the road a pike or revelation. then x9 components, with better crankset. I debated on saving my money to get a full suspension bike, but now I am set on upgrading my escape. Hardtails are more fun and take more skill I think.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    DHJill,

When will the 2008 Thread bikes show up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robscomputer
    DHJill,

When will the 2008 Thread bikes show up?
    New Thread One's are in stock now and ready to ship!

Thread Eights will be here in about a month.

I'll post some pics in a seperate thread. Give me a sec to upload them.

locked - time out
    Can't reveal much info on the new X7 since it will be a Fall release and not an early release like the Flightlines. All I can tell you is it looks hot and has a great spec. Think fade paint job.
    The 2007 X7's are kick-ass bikes with an awesome spec. Period. I have the Werx version and have really enjoyed it, so I can't imagine how they could be any better! I'm anxious to see what's in store....

SuperInstigator
    DHJILL: Any pics of the '08 Backtrail X24? I ordered one in a grey brown fade job I think, and I don't know what it looks like...

Thanks,
    Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Members who have read this thread: 0