357 seatpost broke- Mtbr.com
    Three sheets to the wind

357 seatpost broke

The seatpost clamp broke at the bolt hole on the post. I'm hoping it's under warranty, but the odds are good I'll break the replacement. Can anyone suggest a replacement. It's a 30.6.

mtbr member
    We don't see too many of those break. I'm sure we can help you. Has your shop called warranty yet?

Three sheets to the wind
    I dropped it off today, I'll probably be stuck for weeks.....woe is me.....30.6.....scarcer than hens teeth...can't even find a replacement in stock in any shops, it'll take weeks to get my bike ridable...theres no way I'll have one by Saturday...sniff...sniff...maybe if I wear my lucky Haro sox and shirt and click my heels 3 times, wish upon a lucky star, huff and puff, hold my breath til I'm blue.........
    Last edited by Bawitdaba; 09-17-2007 at 07:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Well, let's hope that's not the case. Let the shop do their job (hopefully)...if you feel like you are getting nowhere, let me know.

Three sheets to the wind
    I know, just some impatient wishful whining. You never know, once a really nice package arrived in the mail from Haro, now I'm spoiled...

I think I'll try and find an after market bullet proof replacement, even if I have to use a shim deal, and keep the Pivot as a spare. Funky size, though. Funny thing with this it broke as I was riding, not even a crash or something. Other than that I really, really love this bike...it was faster than me when I first got it, but now I'm starting to catch up to it...

Three sheets to the wind
    Yup, I'm still waitin for that post...ggrrrrrrr...shop is closed for a long weekend, but I'll have it tomorrow...yippeee!!!! Whiteface or Hunter this weekend.....
    Last edited by Bawitdaba; 09-26-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Three sheets to the wind
    Got it, it has a different clamp deal on it, I hope it holds up. I cut a mile off and put her on, I can't wait to ride...we're off to Hunter Mountain in the morning...neener...neener...neeeeener....Haro Rox....

mtbr member
    Did you break the seatpost? or the QR clasp?
    My magnum came with a SGD I-beam and I love thathing. I don't think they can break.

Three sheets to the wind
    Seatpost...right at the hole...This post looks like it'll work out well. I think this is the first time ever I set a post and did not have to mess with it again, no slippage or adjustments. From the dirt pattern in the break I can see that it had a crack for a while, and finally broke. Oh well...I'm tough on seats and posts, it's not the first time I've broken one...
    I originally wanted a Magnum, but there were none left on the planet. Thats OK, I really like this bike a lot
    Last edited by Bawitdaba; 09-30-2007 at 05:32 AM.

Aug 2007
    Yeah, someone needs to bring these bikes back. I finally found a DH bike that accents me perfectly, and NOW they don't make it any more. On my second frame, and its dented all to hell, don't know how many more haro will warrenty/ sell upon breaking. Sucks... They really do need to pull something out of it.

I really think that if they went ahead and sold the 07 as it was spec'd originally, it would have done well.... I believe much better than the 06's... it would have probably saved the bike line if they would have committed.

With the right exposure, it would be hard to egnore a bike like that...

Members who have read this thread: 0