2008 Xeon or 2007 Sonix- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Bonking ... not feelin' well 2008 Xeon or 2007 Sonix

Help please I'm really torn between these two bikes. One of our local bike shops is offering the 2007 Sonix for around $1,300. It comes with a RockShox MC 3.1 rear shock and a
    RockShox Tora 318 Air 100mm Travel w/ Motion Control fork. On the other hand, another lbs is offering the 2008 Xeon for the same amount of money although it comes with a Manitou Radium rear shock and a Marzocchi 55R fork. The Xeon looks like a downgraded version from the 2007 model.

Which one should I get?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I assume you live outside the US? Here in the US and Canada, our 2007 models have rolled over into 2008 as part of our new non-model year philosophy. Our international distributors have the option to order different bikes with a different spec.

But to answer your question, the Sonix and Xeon are two different bikes: the Sonix is a trail bike with 5" of rear travel and the Xeon is more of an aggressive all-mountain bike with 6.3" of rear travel. If you are more of a gravity rider and live for the descents, the Xeon would be your best bet. If you're an XC rider, the Sonix would be a better choice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    @ downhilljill:

I'm more of an XC rider so I guess its the Sonix for me. Although I do love the frame design of the Xeon (it just screams bad-ass )

You are right. I live outside the U.S. specifically the Philippines. Any reason why Haro doesn't just apply the non year model philosophy over here? I would rather have the specs of the 2007 models than the 2008 specs being offered here.

Members who have read this thread: 0