2008 Flightline Comp- Mtbr.com

Jul 2007

Smile 2008 Flightline Comp

Should I be able to have my LBS order a Flightline Comp and get it relatively quick (I live in West Michigan)? Everyone's out of the V4's. Thanks Craig

mtbr member
    Flightlines have replaced the V-Series bikes, so don't wait around for a V4. They are long gone.

I'm at home and don't have inventory in front of me, but the last time I checked, we had Flightline Comps in stock. I'll try to remember to check when I get to work tomorrow and post an update.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Some variables to the answer to that question. But, BLUFF, you need to ask the shop. If one is available in the midwest distribution center(I am pretty sure haro has a MW center), they should be able to get one in a few days. Then they need at least a day or two depending on how busy they are to get it assembled. A few caveats: if they offer bikes at a sale price other than MSRP and you want the bike now, it may affect the sale price. Single shipping a bike adds freight costs. It depends on when they are planning on ordering more haros if you want the sale price. If they are only available on the coasts, sale price may again be affected.

If you are looking for Haro to answer your question, you need to let them know what size and color you are interested in and they may tell you what is available. I do know that flighline (sport, comp, and expert) stock has been a bit spotty.

hope that helps.

oops. a little slow. but it would still help if you gave size and color

Jul 2007

Flightline Comp

I like the SG Black and I fit a 18 perfect so I guess I'll ask them tomorrow If they can,I don't mind paying more to get it sooner. Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    That black is sweet. And that is a sweet bike. I wish that I could convince more people to spend a little bit more to get that bike. It will take a lot to feel that they underbought.

Hey, how tall are you? The reason that I ask is because your profile says that you've been riding since '83. If you were riding an xc bike back in the day and are looking to get a similar feel, you may want to go w/ a 20" if you have the standover. geometry has changed so much. I used to ride a medium, but I will always get a large XC bike from now on. I am 5'11.

Jul 2007
    I'm 5'10 .That may be a good idea since I still have a modded out Schwinn Impact and back in 90 when I bought it the top bar of the frame runs straight across and not down like all the new bikes do.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Sounds like you are in a hurry, but I would really recommend that you ride both sizes before buying. I can't tell which you would like better, but the 20" will be a closer fit to the schwinn.

Jul 2007
    Thanks, I"ll do that,I rode the Impact to work one day and it' s a little rough the way I take also I don't dare take my S-Works to work,"It might not be there when I get out in the morning,Plus It's at my parent's place in Flagstaff until Sept when I visit them and bring it back to Michigan

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    that's funny. I'm in Flag. Come down to Flag Bike and fitness when you visit. We can go for a ride.

Jul 2007
    I"ll have to do that. I used to work in Mesa for the Police dept after I got out the Service a couple years ago.moved to Mich to be near wifes family and now we're trying to move back to Arizona.

mtbr member
    Black Flightline Comps are in stock in both warehouses in both the 18" and 20" sizes. If you are 5'10", it's a toss-up whether you'd ride the 18" or the 20" size...You are sort of in between sizes, so that's where personal preference comes into play. If your shop has Some other Flightline models in stock for you to take a little test ride on, the measurements are identical.

If you do want the bike quickly, make that perfectly clear to the shop but like b.ray said, be prepared to pony up a little extra dough for shipping since shops don't get a freight break when they order just one bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0