05 Xtreme shock and bb specs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

05 Xtreme shock and bb specs

I'm getting a 2005 Xtreme frame and need to know the shock i2i and stroke as well as the bottom bracket dimensions as equipped by the factory (shell width, spindle length, etc).

I think the shock is supposed to be a 7.875" i2i w/2" stroke, but I wanted to make sure. If this is the case, can you run a 2.25" stroke shock without the tire hitting the seat tube at full compression?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    well, you´re right.

it takes a shock 7.875" e2e w/2" stroke.

i´ve also been wondering about the 7.875 w 2.25 stroke, but i guess the tire will hit the frame. i´ve read some post with people saying that it hits the frame...

i was wondering if fitting a 2.25 shock with a rear 24 wheel worked ?

anyone tried this?

what would be max tire width?

Probably it would be easier to fit the werks rear and a bigger stroke shock...

but you would have to find one cheap, plus the shock.

probably would be better to buy the x7 frame...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for confirming the dimensions. The main reason I was asking about the 2.25 stroke is because I'd eventually like to buy a Transition Bottlerocket. It runs a 7.875x2.25 shock, and I thought that I'd just buy a Rocco TST R or DHX coil. This way I could use the shock on the Haro, then have it handy when I bought the Bottlerocket. No big deal, I was just looking to save a little coin. This will be my first FS deal and is basically just a stop-gap to get me on some trails that are a little rough on my Vagrant while I save some $$ for a Bottlerocket.

Chris

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    you´re welcome.

good rides!

Members who have read this thread: 0