mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Suspension service, that was easy!

I'm not normally a big participant on the forums, but I was so impressed today at the ease of servicing the rear suspension. Its clear they thought about the maintenance end.
    The Shred Dogg has been though 1 summer, about 600 miles, and I had a creak from the seat stay at the rocker.
    It took me about 1.5 hours to pull it all apart, spin the bearings, adjust the 2 taper bearing locations (rocker was too loose, and main too tight), and reassemble and torque everything.
    It had a creak coming from the left seat stay bearing at the rocker, that is gone now.
    Also, the bushings on the Rockshox shock were all but seized up, took some penetrating oil and the vice soft jaws to get it moving and apart, a little lube, and its much better. I think this affected the action a bit, as it seems to be more sensitive now.
    Love the the bike, its so capable in the rough, yet still nimble in the tech, its taken me to a whole new level. Happy boy.

mtbr member
    Glad to hear that working on your GG bike is straightforward. My Smash rear end is still tight and moving smoothly after ~6 months riding. I'm hoping to get through 2019 before having to dig into the bearings.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com