Revved SIZE 4- Mtbr.com

Thread: Revved SIZE 4

T

Revved SIZE 4

Anyone got the call to finalize their size 4 build yet??

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I emailed in June and they said that the first 4s should start shipping at the end of August. You should email them and see when you might get yours if itís preordered or purchased already.

always licking the glass
    If you've already ordered, Will at GG told me today October is when they'll start getting out production bikes for size 4.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

G_T
    mtbr member
    How bout now? Now?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    We should start a revved size 4 support group. Share pics and discussions of our build configuration, over analyze the secret menus, and talk ourselves off the non bike ledge or keeping each other from buying a non GG revved.

G_T
    mtbr member
    In for the support group. I feel like I've read and reread every possible shred of info about the bike. It's both exciting and excruciating to see anything new, since it inevitably reminds me that I still have a couple months to actually sit on the thing. An empathetic ear might ease the anxiety of the wait.

All of my wanderings into the realm of the competition, whether by online reviews, demos, or trail-side interrogation of riders, have led to the same place, however. Back to the size 4 Smash. I fortunately was able to buy an interim v1 Megatrail, and it saved my summer, but it lacks where the Smash should excel. At least I can rock my GG t-shirt with some credibility.

I think I am finally resigned to my build, and have (mostly) stopped the internal debate. That being said, I'd love to hear what you are thinking.....

T
    Finalized and paid for mine last week...now I can quit building every other day a different way...ha! Ride 1 Pistola with following upgrades: Fox DPX2 shock, MRP Ribbon fork, XT brakes and bike yoke 160mm dropper. Now I wait...again...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yeah, I emailed for an update after my earlier post and was told early November. Sold my old bike before my knee surgery in March and Iím cleared earlier than anticipated. So now Iím without a bike and the urge to buy now is really strong. Thereís a lot of great bikes and itís hard to narrow anything down.I loved the idea of the GG due to the modular frame and being able to have a smash and trail pistol for relatively cheap. Thereís not a lot of demo opportunities in the XL market in the DFW area so itís hard to ride a ripmo, ht2, sb130, and then Ripley trance or whatever short trace trail bikes to get a good idea about something, though I donít mind buying sight unseen.

I doubt I stay with GG but I had finally settled sd coil, lyrik rc2, gx, rcs, and 305s.

G_T
    mtbr member
    Blacked out Ride 1 Smash, all MRP suspension with Hazzard Coil, Ribbon Air, maybe upgrade to Code RSC brakes.

Ordered Apr 15th. Often think of the drive to shredquarters to pick it up, what a day that will be.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I rode a temp bike last summer while waiting for my Aluminium Smash, it was worth the wait; the Revved frames are even better.
    Guerilla Gravity Shred Dogg
    Fezzari Signal Peak (For Sale)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

T
    Update yesterday was still 2-3 weeks before first size 4 frames are made...then another 2-3 weeks for powder coat, frame assembly and bike assembly before shipment...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tdailey View Post
    Update yesterday was still 2-3 weeks before first size 4 frames are made...then another 2-3 weeks for powder coat, frame assembly and bike assembly before shipment...
    Did they tell you when you would expect yours? I placed my pre order June 21. I last asked a few weeks ago and heard that they expected to start mid September and I could expect mine beginning to middle of November. So right now thatís late September start and I could get late November to early December.

I ended up putting a $100 refundable deposit on a 2020 Giant Reign Advance 1. Looks to be a pretty good deal and a solid bike that currently should be at the shop towards the beginning of October. Currently borrowed a hardtail to ride around, not sure Iíll be able to wait until thanksgiving.

T
    Mid to late October...and I placed my order Feb 10, so I'm guessing I'm in the first 10-15 ordered??

T
    Early November is now the latest estimated time frame...ugh

G_T
    mtbr member
    I've been 2 months away from my new bike since April......

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    They havenít swayed much on mine since the last post. I emailed again on Sept 17 asking if the middle of November was still a decent estimate and they said right now hopefully. Per the same email Jubal had said they hadnít started production yet.

mtbr member
    Size 4 SD ordered a month ago, replacing a SBG Scout. The plan is to swap parts over, including the CC DB Inline coil, Fox elite 36 @ 140mm, Hadley hubs laced to dt471 front and a dt fr570 rear.

I was told mid-late November I think. That works for me since I am recovering from a knarly mtb wreck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Iím sure theyíre doing the best they can, delays are not profitable.

Getting a second press will speed things up for sure.

Itís worth it if you have the patience to wait.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

G_T
    mtbr member
    I've been told I'm a patient person, but I don't really feel that way. Regardless, all the demos and online 'research' just directs me back to the Smash. I'm confident I'll be happy I waited.

I'm demoing an Offering and a Smuggler today, so I'm keeping an open mind. I'll be riding the same trail I demoed a Slash and Instinct on earlier this month, which is a tough, diverse trail that I ride often. If nothing else, the wait is giving me an opportunity to ride some really nice bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Anyone got an update on Size 4?

I'm taking over my buddies Szie 3 TP once his Size 4 TP is shipped, not in a hurry but I'd like to build it up and start playing around with it; still got my Reved SD so I'm not hurting or anything
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Just talked to Bobby a couple days ago and he said they are a few weeks out on getting the first Size 4's made and are on track for the first ones to be delivered in early November.

Hoping to have mine at some point in December since I know I'm a ways down on the pre-order list. Still kinda want to try out the new Enduro and the Forbidden Druid once those ship in XL, just to see how going a bit longer or a bit shorter in travel feels compared to my Smash.

Also, pro tip, MRP can re-size a 57.5mm stroke Hazzard from an aluminum Smash to 60mm stroke to fit the Revved frames. Had to send mine in for a warranty fix and they took care of the stroke adjustment free of charge!

fraid of heights
    Heard the same, couple weeks till they will, "be in the wild". Was told if I ordered "yesterday" it was probably an 8 week lead time and they will be busy through Nov filling pre orders. (paraphrasing here, don't want to put words in the guys mouth promising anything...)

Can't wait to see an S4, please post pictures!! Bigger is Better, right...

T
    Any size 4 peeps out there get notification yet? First batch supposed to go out this week is what I heard...

T
    Size 4 on GG site just went to Available Now!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tdailey View Post
    Size 4 on GG site just went to Available Now!!!
    When they say "now", what they really mean is now in four to eight weeks, ain't no such thing as now when we're talking GG bikes

I'm taking over a Size 3 TP as soon as my buddies Sz 4 shows up.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

T
    I get the difference between availability and lead time...just saying until today they had a projected date for availability like the size 1 still has instead of "Available Now". Which tells me they have officially finished tooling and are cranking out frames in size 4.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    For those people going with the Size 4, how tall are you? Anyone closer to 6' going with a Size 4?
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I'm 6'1.5" 6'2.5" wingspan, and currently have a size 4 pistola pre-order. I'm on the fence though, still not sure if sizing up is the right choice. I think for big long rides, and open downhills the length will be nice, but tight switchbacks are going to be tough.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Delete

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    My buddy ordered a size 4, he rode a size 3 long, but thought it was too small; heís 6í tall.

I ride a size 3 long, recently I changed the head cup to the short position to address neck pain. Iím 6í tall. I run a 35mm long stem with 35mm riser bars.

If you typically ride an XL, the size 4 is probably a good choice, but if youíre on the fence then you gotta decide if you like a long/tall bike or a short/short bike.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

Out spokin'
    Does GG plan to offer a size 5 revved frame? I'm currently riding an XL aluminum Smash and love the fit. Does 4 equate to XL? Or am I awaiting production of size 5? Dunno. Thanks.
    =sParty

P.S. Not that I'm unhappy with my aluminum Smash. In fact my inquiry is simply due to N+1 fever. I'd be a fool to ever let this amazing frame go. I love it. Just inquiring cuz... well, November boredom... and you know, N+1 daydreaming.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Does GG plan to offer a size 5 revved frame? I'm currently riding an XL aluminum Smash and love the fit. Does 4 equate to XL? Or am I awaiting production of size 5? Dunno. Thanks.
    =sParty

P.S. Not that I'm unhappy with my aluminum Smash. In fact my inquiry is simply due to N+1 fever. I'd be a fool to ever let this amazing frame go. I love it. Just inquiring cuz... well, November boredom... and you know, N+1 daydreaming.
    Size 4 is bigger than an XL

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz View Post
    Size 4 is bigger than an XL
    XLnt, thanks.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

Disagree. The XL has a ETT of 679mm, the Size 4 Long has an ETT of 658mm.

I'll let it up to you on whether you'll notice that difference or not.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post

Hmmm... over 3/4" difference. Yeah, I'd notice that. But inasmuch as I'm currently running a 32mm reach stem on my XL, I could probably justify a size 4 revved frame with a 50-55mm stem. That said, I prefer frames that don't require me to run a stem longer than 50mm.

So back to my original question. Does GG plan to offer size 5 frames? Thanks again.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    My Xlarge Smash is similar in feel to the ďmidpointĒ between a Size 3 short and Size 3 long, I was running in long mode, but recently swapped to short mode; too much reach was bothering my neck.

These are not short bikes by any ďreachĒ, I suspect the Size 4 long is very much an XL, but not an XXL.

I think it would be a stretch for GG to create an entire mold for an XXL, thereís just not enough demand, but we go knows. Maybe theyíll chime in ?
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    =sParty
    Rather than going back and forth on something that nobody here understands all that well [especially with no Size 4's on the trail] I would ask GG directly. There are staff members on big metal GG frames and you know sure as $hit they've thought about how they'd fit on a Size 4. I'd get their opinion on the topic.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

dontcha?

Is there difference in ST angle between the Revved and Al bikes? If the Revved bikes have a steeper ST angle that might be why the ETT is different? Hard to really dig into it without looking at the old geo vs the new geo chart...
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by captain spaulding View Post
    Is there difference in ST angle between the Revved and Al bikes? If the Revved bikes have a steeper ST angle that might be why the ETT is different? Hard to really dig into it without looking at the old geo vs the new geo chart...
    2018 Metal Smash Geo

Revved SIZE 4-gg-2018-smash-geo.jpg
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    2019 Revved Smash Geo

Revved SIZE 4-smash-imperial.png
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Yes, the steeper sta shortens the ETT while increasing reach.

dontcha?
    Yes, the steeper sta shortens the ETT while increasing reach.
    Yeah, longer front-center on the new bikes, so that's worth noting.. I mean honestly it's pretty close, I actually didn't realize the Smash is a decent amount shorter in reach vs the trail pistol.. I had originally just been looking at the geo on the TP. My target reach was around 515mm (what I currently run on my XL honzo). Smash @ 506mm and the TP @ 523mm it's pretty much perfect for my intended purposes (trail riding on the TP and lift assisted on the Smash). Don't really pay attention to ETT any more especially w/dropper posts and steeper SA.
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Yea, I intended on running my bike as a Trail Pistol so I didn't want to go too long, but if I did convert to a Smash or Megatrail I'd really shorten up cockpit, which may not be a bad thing.

Likewise, if I got a Size 4, I'd likely run it in the Short Mode all the time, and in TP form it'd be too long.

For those folks riding XLs or bigger, they may noticed that a Size 4 Long doesn't feel as big when seated as the previous alloy model in XL.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by captain spaulding View Post
    Yeah, longer front-center on the new bikes, so that's worth noting.. I mean honestly it's pretty close, I actually didn't realize the Smash is a decent amount shorter in reach vs the trail pistol.. I had originally just been looking at the geo on the TP. My target reach was around 515mm (what I currently run on my XL honzo). Smash @ 506mm and the TP @ 523mm it's pretty much perfect for my intended purposes (trail riding on the TP and lift assisted on the Smash). Don't really pay attention to ETT any more especially w/dropper posts and steeper SA.
    These bikes all have the same front triangle, so how they achieve a longer reach is by raising or lowering the front end relative to the back end. So a "flatter" bike like the TP is going to have a longer reach than a comparable Smash.

Is it really longer or is it smoke and mirrors?

If you slack out your TP with a 140mm fork, you are looking at a reduction in reach, same goes with steepening the front end on a Smash by running a 150mm fork which will net you an increase in reach.

ETT matters, all dimensions matter.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)