fraid of heights

no more RAW? (and no more paint price increase?)

Looks like across the board the GG color/paint spec has only black, green, grey or white? And no more cost increase for paint.

Was that announced somewhere? Just curious...

No DPX2 on the smash listed anymore, (but it's still on the Mega? so maybe just size availability? (or is that just a spacer change?) ) Looks like there are more rear tire choices? But don't remember the spec's enough to know if there are other changes?

Wonder if they are just doing website maintenance and the frame color drop down's are not updating? The Raw picture is still up as well as several other colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

mtbr member
    I wonder if just having several (but not so many) color options would allow them to stock inventory and cut lead times as opposed to painting as they go?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stiingya View Post
    Wonder if they are just doing website maintenance and the frame color drop down's are not updating? The Raw picture is still up as well as several other colors.
    That's what ^^^ I figured.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Would be a bummer to lose raw. GG has some awesome paint colors, but that burly, industrial, doesn't give any f*cks look of the raw inspires me.
    "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Real Estate Professionals llc.
    realestate-professionals.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Losing raw would make me very sad, I think it actually looks better with age.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The photographic color options are still there, so it must be an update snafu. (Note revised GG logo.)

fraid of heights
    Good! No RAW would be a bummer...

The color selector is still there too. Just the drop downs only have the four options and no upgrade prices etc.

no more RAW? (and no more paint price increase?)-color.png
    Attached Images Attached Images  

fraid of heights
    Now the Color selector link doesn't work and the Bike pictures only match the four colors listed...?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Why don't you just call / email GG to find out what's going on instead of speculating on this forum?

Seems like a simple enough issue to resolve by actually talking to someone.

mtbr member
    The colors GG offered always looked good, but raw seems to be the most popular. I was told by a popular frame builder the best looking frames get sold as raw and the worst go to paint. If true, it could be that raw frames are more work than simple powder coating.
    Last edited by OldHouseMan; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:51 PM.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieno View Post
    Why don't you just call / email GG to find out what's going on instead of speculating on this forum?

Well to tell the truth I was thinking about doing just that. But at the same time I'm not ready to order yet so I didn't want to be one of those people who floods their email and bogs them down. I was hoping that someone that was currently dealing with them would have a idea what is going on.

All that being said, if the site continues to have changes with no explanation I might just have to send them a e-mail. I was hoping to get a TP or Smash in the spring but if they are having problems and maybe winding the business down then I won't waste any time looking at the site.

mtbr member
    I would go ahead and call Guerilla Gravity and see if they are planning to go out of business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I was hoping to get a TP or Smash in the spring but if they are having problems and maybe winding the business down then I won't waste any time looking at the site.
    They are not going out of business. They are selling a lot of bikes and expanding their manufacturing capabilities.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Stop it! The internet isn't what is is today because of truth and common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I was hoping to get a TP or Smash in the spring but if they are having problems and maybe winding the business down then I won't waste any time looking at the site.
    Naw, I've been on the phone with Bailey, Jubal and Matt in the last month dialing in my Megatrail/MegaSmash/Smash conversion.

They are busy and growing. They make awesome bikes. Buy a Smash and go rip on an awesome bike from an awesome company.
    "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Real Estate Professionals llc.
    realestate-professionals.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    You guys are a fcking riot. Hey, are you guys going out of business? Because l noticed an error on your web site... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Shhh logic need to apply here. Probably has nothing to do with the Holidays and that most people are out on vacation.

fraid of heights

Yea cause discussing GG bike related topics on a GG bike related forum where GG reps post and answer questions quite often is just a CRAZY thing to do...

It's not like it's an emergency, it's just a curiosity I thought worth discussing. If you don't want to discuss feel free to STHUP?

Quote Originally Posted by She&I View Post
    You guys are a fcking riot. Hey, are you guys going out of business? Because l noticed an error on your web site... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    Way to represent as a GG BAMF. You answer my original post like you knew what was going on and then later when it turns out you obviously don't know anymore than the rest of us you make fun of other peoples speculations. Good job!

Shhh logic need to apply here. Probably has nothing to do with the Holidays and that most people are out on vacation.
    Well somebodies obviously still there updating the website since it keeps changing.

Why don't the two of you put half your brain's together and contact GG so you can continue to act like the know it all shitheads you are but actually have some information to share?

fraid of heights
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    They are not going out of business. They are selling a lot of bikes and expanding their manufacturing capabilities.
    Thanks for that. For sure it was not my intent to scare anyone. Just thought it was worth asking if anyone knew about the changes on the website. Often companies will e-mail "teasers", put up something on their homepage that they are in the process of updating, or people who actually have information to share will comment.

They are likely just in the process of updating for 2019 changes. But it is interesting that other than the color changes accross the board I only notice component changes on the Smash. (right now it only has XL frames in the drop downs. And I thought awhile ago they said no more XL's cause they didn't have any more of the tubing for them?)

At the end of summer when last I was close to buying a new Smash I spent some time back and forth. They are a great company to communicate with and one of the reasons I keep considering buying from them. I wondered last time if there might be any changes to the Smash being considered. (EXTRA Smash? Geo tweaks for longer forks, etc.) But at the time they said no and that most of them just ride em at 160 without anglesets.

One thing that sucks about the end of Interbike is that it used to be that 98% of all new bikes were released at one time and then you pretty much had all your choices on the table and made your pick. But now days you just never know when someone will release a better mouse trap!

mdc
    mtbr member
    It would kinda make sense that GG starts to limit the paint options. Doing every bike custom must take up huge amounts of time and effort vs. focusing on 4-5 colors and building up a stockpile for future orders. My guess is they will still offer custom colors, but for a more significant uncharge than in the past....

mtbr member
    At the end of summer when last I was close to buying a new Smash I spent some time back and forth. They are a great company to communicate with and one of the reasons I keep considering buying from them. I wondered last time if there might be any changes to the Smash being considered. (EXTRA Smash? Geo tweaks for longer forks, etc.) But at the time they said no and that most of them just ride em at 160 without anglesets.

One thing that sucks about the end of Interbike is that it used to be that 98% of all new bikes were released at one time and then you pretty much had all your choices on the table and made your pick. But now days you just never know when someone will release a better mouse trap!
    If you wait until Mar/Apr 2019 there will be a lower risk of any product changes that close to the summer riding season, but you could run into a 2 months+ production queue.

If you want more info you can follow GG on Instagram and FB. They are active on both.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdc View Post
    It would kinda make sense that GG starts to limit the paint options. Doing every bike custom must take up huge amounts of time and effort vs. focusing on 4-5 colors and building up a stockpile for future orders. My guess is they will still offer custom colors, but for a more significant uncharge than in the past....
    Custom colour options are nice, but I wouldn't be sad with even 4 colour options. Something like:

1. raw
    2. black
    3. temporary colour 1
    4. temporary colour 2

Swap in two new colours on a predictable basis every 6 or 12 months.

They could offer stock colours for the summer main purchase season and custom colours in the off season. It would have less impact then and perhaps drive up sales at the lower volume time.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Why don't the two of you put half your brain's together and contact GG so you can continue to act like the know it all shitheads you are but actually have some information to share?

Because I am part of the problem too....

salty AF
    Mar 2010
    OR, none of y'all are completely right. Maybe they are simply getting ready for 2019 colors? It would make sense. Or the interwebs code is acting fiddly. Or none of the above. I doubt they are going outta business as they were stacked deep and busy when I was up there in October. Email them and let us all know so we can sleep better...
    (tongue firmly in cheek)
    TX old guy enduro racer wanna-be
    death-fighting ditch-doc
    GG Smash (in progress)

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I hear the new Taiwanese carbon frames will be available in raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

Out spokin'
    This thread is absurd. Of course GG continues to offer raw -- it's by far their most popular finish.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I think GG is rebranding the Smash for Big and Tall riders. The current color options on the website help the rider appear svelte.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I heard they got bought out by Scott, the Canfield bros are gonna be running production., and all frames will hereforth be built in Singapore; Taiwan is so yesterday

If any thread was ever as useless as this one ...
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+
    XL Fezzari Signal Peak 29/27+ (building)
    Lrg Pivot Shuttle 27+ (wife's)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    I heard they got bought out by Scott, the Canfield bros are gonna be running production., and all frames will hereforth be built in Singapore; Taiwan is so yesterday

If any thread was ever as useless as this one ...
    Agreed, why didn't the op just call or email gg?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like goin' fast
    Guerrilla Gravity
    Badass bikes. Made for goin' fast. Handbuilt in Colorado.

mtbr member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    I heard that after a trip to France over Christmas that Matt had decided to reinvent GG as a maker of ultralight (carbon) road & time trial bikes - with the intent of fielding a team for the grand tours...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Khai View Post
    I heard that after a trip to France over Christmas that Matt had decided to reinvent GG as a maker of ultralight (carbon) road & time trial bikes - with the intent of fielding a team for the grand tours...
    I'm a 100% positive not all French riders are into that kind of things

no more RAW? (and no more paint price increase?)-p4pb16631744.jpg
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver, ig; lazoup

Megatrail FS

I Like bikes, I really do

mtbr member

Sad news. I wish I had bought another GG before they shutdown.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Sad news. I wish I had bought another GG before they shutdown.
    Great Blade Runner quote. I heard that GG sold out to the Tyrell Corporation and will be focusing on developing replicants with incredible gravity skills.

mtbr member
    It's my understanding that GG will be releasing their Eleventy-Seventh Anniversary Edition bikes in raw and as part of the package they will include a pack of raw sushi to celebrate the rawness of the raw frames.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    It's my understanding that GG will be releasing their Eleventy-Seventh Anniversary Edition bikes in raw and as part of the package they will include a pack of raw sushi to celebrate the rawness of the raw frames.
    Absolutely EPIC!!!
    I had read that they were in negotiations to take over TREK/Specialized and wanted to keep the inventory moving out the door while things were in the works. Once done, they were going to AXE the Slash/Stumpy/Fuel EX from the lineup to not cause confusion in the bikes and then have the Atherton's rolling the mountains on Smash and MegaTrails!!! They even were going to throw Rachel on a Pedalhead for the enduro circuit and watch her dessimate the field!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Absolutely EPIC!!!
    I had read that they were in negotiations to take over TREK/Specialized and wanted to keep the inventory moving out the door while things were in the works. Once done, they were going to AXE the Slash/Stumpy/Fuel EX from the lineup to not cause confusion in the bikes and then have the Atherton's rolling the mountains on Smash and MegaTrails!!! They even were going to throw Rachel on a Pedalhead for the enduro circuit and watch her dessimate the field!
    Well the Athertons are off Trek, with no new sponsor publicized as of yet. I'd love to see Rach, Gee, and Dan on the top secret to-be released beryllium GGDHII!

mtbr member
    no more RAW? (and no more paint price increase?)-gg-2019.jpg

Since this is the lies, rumours and speculation thread now. I'll just leave this here as fuel for the fire!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

SR Suntour
    May 2006
    Live streamed to the world???
    SR Suntour guru. envelo rep.

http://www.instagram.com/darkins44

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Fatty View Post
    Live streamed to the world???
    Yes. Please. It would warm a cold winter in Cannuckistan to see that.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    They're going to introduce the new e-bike line and colors to include fuscia, puce, and chartreuse.

I also expect that they'll unveil their new super-duper booster hub standard.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    chartreuse.
    Ugh, I got seriously hammered on that more than once. Very aggressive stuff.

Cannot wait for the 29er Plus E-Bike! We all know Matt is into that kind of things!
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver, ig; lazoup

Megatrail FS

I Like bikes, I really do

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierp View Post
    Ugh, I got seriously hammered on that more than once. Very aggressive stuff.

Cannot wait for the 29er Plus E-Bike! We all know Matt is into that kind of things!
    I've had good success using a chartreuse Roostertail for trout.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Yes. Please. It would warm a cold winter in Cannuckistan to see that.
    I'll try to live stream it on my IG. I'm sure Aaron Gwin will live stream the big announcement too.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I'll try to live stream it on my IG. I'm sure Aaron Gwin will live stream the big announcement too.
    Aggy may too.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    DH bike time or a long travel 29er?

Yeah, an ebike, WTF!

Mark your calendars 🍻
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+

mtbr member
    Yeah the non-carbon frame means the entire space inside can be one massive battery, blowing all those fat down tube ebikes away. Thinking of a GG relevant ebike name? Hmm.... The FugEzi?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It’s called “The eGG”, preorder one today and the yolk is on you

Quote Originally Posted by rossp View Post
    Yeah the non-carbon frame means the entire space inside can be one massive battery, blowing all those fat down tube ebikes away. Thinking of a GG relevant ebike name? Hmm.... The FugEzi?
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+

mtbr member
    It’s just a going out of business sale.

mtbr member
    I keep telling them to make a GG Mullet- long travel 26" front, short travel 29er rear- but they don't respond. Maybe this will be the year.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF!

mtbr member
    no more RAW? (and no more paint price increase?)-cnc.jpg

Dang! This is not looking good. GG is starting to sell their machining equipment. The rumours were true.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

WNC Native
    It's a balance to be able to pay AG what he wants.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

always licking the glass
    bwahahaha!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Curveball again.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range

always licking the glass
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GG 2019.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	1232986

Since this is the lies, rumours and speculation thread now. I'll just leave this here as fuel for the fire!
    I'll be there. I hope there will be beer.

mtbr member
    The rumors of new bikes and going out of business are both true.

GG is going show all of us these incredible new bikes that promise to float up hills and completely devour the descents.

I have it on good word that Matt is going to take the money from the orders for the new bikes and then flee to Argentina to start up a turtle farm.

The rest of the guys are going to join a cult worshiping the demi-god, Lor.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    GG is going show all of us these incredible new bikes that promise to float up hills and completely devour the descents.
    So confirmed the eGG is a go?

mtbr member
    So confirmed the eGG is a go?
    Not quite. It's my understanding that it will be a bGG.

A beer-powered Guerrilla Gravity. It will feature a dropper post that pumps up a micro-keg in the down-tube with a tap coming from the stem.

They are only recommending low specific gravity beers for XC use and higher SG beers for bike park downhilling.

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	1233551

Dang! This is not looking good. GG is starting to sell their machining equipment. The rumours were true.
    Yeah, that bad boy is heading up the my house in WA so that I can make custom shower curtain rings. I'll be selling them at all major airports.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    You guyz.... GG is for sure introducing an enduro unicycle. No other explanation.
    I like rocks

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah, that bad boy is heading up the my house in WA so that I can make custom shower curtain rings. I'll be selling them at all major airports.
    Name:  john-candy-planes-4.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  50.0 KB

always licking the glass

no more RAW? (and no more paint price increase?)

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman84d View Post
    You guyz.... GG is for sure introducing an enduro unicycle. No other explanation.
    No it’s an enduro trials bike. That way they can hop all the way up and all the way down.

The GG kangaroo or pogo stick.

I like goin' fast
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    The GG kangaroo or pogo stick.
    Nailed it! We partnered with our buddies at Cane Creek to create the Endurgo 2.0. Just deciding whether to name it the "Blitzkrieg Hop" or "Should I Stay or Should I Pogo".
    Guerrilla Gravity
    Badass bikes. Made for goin' fast. Handbuilt in Colorado.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    " You can have it in 60 days. That's nothing. That's like one month."

My exact thought process when I ordered my Smash in May
    Last edited by cassieno; 6 Days Ago at 07:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I posted "cant wait for the 2019 DH bike" on gg's instagram and they liked my comment...

GG DH v2 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedalx View Post
    I posted "cant wait for the 2019 DH bike" on gg's instagram and they liked my comment...

GG DH v2 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Oh gawd. That would kill me. I have a GG/DH I got last year, thinking they wouldn’t make anymore.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    Oh gawd. That would kill me. I have a GG/DH I got last year, thinking they wouldn’t make anymore.
    I just bought a NOS 2017 Commencal Furious. Maybe we can work something out... ;p

mtbr member
    As far as a reborn GG/DH, I've been beating that drum for a while (ie hassling Matt relentlessly). I actually believe it will come to pass one day, but I don't think it'll be now. Would love to be wrong though!

My unfounded speculation is that the smash will get a bit more travel, trail pistol becomes a pistola, and a SB100 beater is added to the line up.

mtbr member
    It looks like there must be a new 29er on the way, the 2018 Smash is now sold out.

Or, GG is just getting out of the 29er market.
    Last edited by OldHouseMan; 2 Days Ago at 02:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBigHit View Post
    My unfounded speculation is that the smash will get a bit more travel, trail pistol becomes a pistola, and a SB100 beater is added to the line up.
    Founded or not – that would be a pretty exciting move. And I can see the logic in it, line-wise. A short-travel bike could pair nicely with a v1 or bigger Smash.

I'll throw a quick post in the GG forum from the event, unless Stripes beats me to it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by She&I View Post
    Founded or not – that would be a pretty exciting move. And I can see the logic in it, line-wise. A short-travel bike could pair nicely with a v1 or bigger Smash.

I'll throw a quick post in the GG forum from the event, unless Stripes beats me to it.
    Long travel 29er = Smash
    Short travel 29er = Smoosh?

All joking aside, I'd be into a Smash and a GG short travel 29er that could easily be built to 26ish pounds with shared standards to easily swap parts between the two.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    As far as a reborn GG/DH, I've been beating that drum for a while (ie hassling Matt relentlessly). I actually believe it will come to pass one day, but I don't think it'll be now. Would love to be wrong though!

The SB100-sized 29er option would be super awesome. I've been riding my Smash in MT/SD mode a lot the past few months and thinking I might put the 29er wheels on something smaller. If they did, they should name it after some old-school punk ballad... you know, because it'd be short and sweet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott2MTB View Post
    The SB100-sized 29er option would be super awesome. I've been riding my Smash in MT/SD mode a lot the past few months and thinking I might put the 29er wheels on something smaller. If they did, they should name it after some old-school punk ballad... you know, because it'd be short and sweet.
    One GabaHey in raw/x-medium, please.

mtbr member

Isn't a Pistola an SB100 beater?

mtbr member
    Isn't a Pistola an SB100 beater?
    Yup. GG can't have models in both wheel sizes in 5mm travel increments.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Long travel 29er = Smash
    Short travel 29er = Smoosh?

All joking aside, I'd be into a Smash and a GG short travel 29er that could easily be built to 26ish pounds with shared standards to easily swap parts between the two.
    I'm going to speculate that we may see a carbon Trail Pistol that will hit your target weight. GG hasn't ruled out carbon which means we may see plastic bikes from them at some point.

mtbr member
    While the Pistola is certainly an SB100 beater at not breaking for everyone, having ridden a Pistola, I think it's capabilities and intended purpose only partially overlap with an SB100. There is something to riding a shorter travel bike in terms of the experience and riding characteristics and I think there is room for a fast, fun 29 bike under the Pistola.

One challenge is weight--probably tough to go much under the TP even at lower travel and maintain reliability--so weight weenies may pass it over. Unless they go crabon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well Gwin went to intense so I guess GG got the Athertons?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedalx View Post
    well gwin went to intense so i guess gg got the athertons?
    hell yes!!!!!