Megatrail and the Shout- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Megatrail and the Shout

Donít judge me too harshly, I got a great deal with warranty.

and yes, itís pretty darn amazing 😊

Megatrail and the Shout-004d182d-d474-4747-9e41-163bf081288b.jpeg

Megatrail and the Shout-da2b9d51-49d8-4f8b-9314-c694012c322e.jpeg
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    GG Trail Pistola (speedy)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Was wandering what was taking you so long to get one of these. So how is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I was waiting on a deal, and let me tell ya, this thing is the real deal.

Iím still learning how to ride it, itís so very different, not a fork you can get used to in a day.

Literally, youíve got to trust the fork, get forward and stay forward, do that and it works as designed.

Iím running it softer than recommended, body weight and kit minus 15-20psi; Trust recommends body weight and kit +/- 10psi

Yesterday was the first ride, I was running too much pressure, dropped from 200 to 190psi during the ride which helped soften the ride. Today I dropped to 185psi and that was the ticket.

The Shout can be plush, it carves in a way that defies experience, I can ride faster and carve through turns easier than on a telescopic fork.

Today I jumped off every rock in sight and ran through some chunk that would normally have me worrying about OTB, but the fork negates a lot of that concern. The fork is just about as poppy as a telescopic fork, so no complaints there.

I paid a lot less than retail, but if I had to do it again I might just plunk down the full Monty for one of these forks.

Rumor has it that Trust is reworking the damper on their short travel fork 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Was wandering what was taking you so long to get one of these. So how is it ?

GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon, but I do have to say the Trust fork look is growing on me.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'll be interested to see how it develops over the years.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon, but I do have to say the Trust fork look is growing on me.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'll be interested to see how it develops over the years.
    Yeah, in the first picture it doesn't look horrible.... but then I see the second image and I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    How about one with a fender:

Megatrail and the Shout-a94a9c6e-3f7e-4d88-b903-f9c6e4d2dc9f.jpeg

... you may need a little mouthwash to get the taste out 🙄
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    How about a photo from the front?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    How about a photo from the front?
    Megatrail and the Shout-8c719fd4-aad0-495b-b52c-cc832b04938a.jpg

Megatrail and the Shout-d178a988-fc5c-4e2d-a05b-9713ff5665f3.jpeg

I know someone out there is gonna need a little pepto to ease the discomfort 
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Not bad from that angle. Trust should sell a fender you can mount lower down closer to the tire. Seems like a worthwhile accessory.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Like a fender that can move up and down on the legs, nice idea.

Iíll probably get a different fender, this was one I had in the bin.

More riding this coming weekend, had snow last weekend that kinda shut us down.

I like the fork so far, but I need more time to get used to the ride. Gonna drop a little more pressure, still only using 80% travel.

Not bad from that angle. Trust should sell a fender you can mount lower down closer to the tire. Seems like a worthwhile accessory.
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member

I think a Mudhugger fender would be stiff enough to be mounted lower down. They are also great for providing coverage/protection vs. the small flap style fenders.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    You should ask Jeff Kendall Weed about the fender he uses. It has to be the ugliest bike setup on planet earth.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I reduced the pressure to 180 psi, running minimal rebound and reduced compression two clicks. Now that I have the fork dialed in, Iím trying to get the backend to feel similar to the front, reduced the Mara air pressure to 120 psi and added two clicks of compression damping. Still running in Trail mode.

The fork excels in smashing into square edge rocks popping off Trailside features and carving into turns, Iím still learning how to use the fork to prevent oversteer and to ride more forward.

At first I thought the dry conditions were contributing to how the bike rides, but now Iím realizing that the fork allows me to wash out my backend and or both ends with more control.

I have not had any additional hand arm or shoulder fatigue since I started riding this fork.

I think I like it 😳

New fender:

Megatrail and the Shout-3e150860-4619-4f15-8843-0ee36810fc6a.jpeg
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Interesting bit of information regarding Trust. My Buddies shop the Suspension Syndicate is now the first and currently only authorized service and warranty center. I think they are planning on sending all work to them for the time being. Trust headquarters is less than a mile away so if there is a major question or issue it is pretty convenient. I think the goal of this was to free them up to work on R&D more. So really a win/win.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmastamikal View Post
    Interesting bit of information regarding Trust. My Buddies shop the Suspension Syndicate is now the first and currently only authorized service and warranty center. I think they are planning on sending all work to them for the time being. Trust headquarters is less than a mile away so if there is a major question or issue it is pretty convenient. I think the goal of this was to free them up to work on R&D more. So really a win/win.
    Interesting. SS is also US distributor for EXT shox. Don't know must about SS, but they just be the real deal.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    The Revved bikes are probably some of the most natural looking with a Trust fork, looks really neat.

Completely unrelated - what size frame is that? I didn't think you could get two bottles on a size 3; I'm firmly in the size 3 camp and shopping...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
    The Revved bikes are probably some of the most natural looking with a Trust fork, looks really neat.

Completely unrelated - what size frame is that? I didn't think you could get two bottles on a size 3; I'm firmly in the size 3 camp and shopping...
    You can definitely get two bottles on the size 3 frame. The one on the bottom just has to be the smaller version that GG currently sells on their site.

Also, I heard a rumor that Trust is no longer.... or is soon-to-be no longer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I heard the same about the US economy 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You can definitely get two bottles on the size 3 frame. The one on the bottom just has to be the smaller version that GG currently sells on their site.

GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

Thanks, didn't realize the little bottle solution was officially sanctioned by GG.

Where did you hear that Trust rumor? Gone altogether, or rolling up into something different? I can't say I'd be too surprised, but it'd be sad to see a company doing something as interesting as the Shout and Message go out so quick - I wanted them to crack the code on fancy forks and move the industry a bit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks, didn't realize the little bottle solution was officially sanctioned by GG.

Where did you hear that Trust rumor? Gone altogether, or rolling up into something different? I can't say I'd be too surprised, but it'd be sad to see a company doing something as interesting as the Shout and Message go out so quick - I wanted them to crack the code on fancy forks and move the industry a bit.
    I think the rumors of their demise are BS.

The Shout is currently sold out, not exactly a death knell.
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

2 bottles on a size 3 and coil. The coil requires the use of the smaller Fidlock, but YT has a custom Fidlock bottle that is short and fat that Iím going to try.

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by Abunchahicks View Post

2 bottles on a size 3 and coil. The coil requires the use of the smaller Fidlock, but YT has a custom Fidlock bottle that is short and fat that Iím going to try.

I might try the fidlock then and see how it works on a size 2. I'm running an 11-6, and it might be worth a shot. Thanks for this.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

battle stag commander
    Curious about linkage suspension also. Ben, How have you found it acts on single large impacts, like a jump with a shallow landing or a drop, something like that?

One thing I have seen this company lacking is a commitment to get a regional or national pro team, and groundtruth this technology in a competitive setting. There is nothing like a little racing to force out all the issues. If you can be competitive with new tech, maybe it's fast, sure. but it also says something about how it rides generally, and it's reliability, amongst other things.

battle stag commander
    Also, got a nice little collection of Revved frames there, you must like em! I hope at least one of those is for someone else, obsessions can go to far, y'knowhadimean?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    I think the rumors of their demise are BS.

The Shout is currently sold out, not exactly a death knell.
    Maybe it's showing "sold out" because they aren't making any more? And the Message is still in stock because they made too many for the recent launch?

They haven't posted on social media in over two weeks. Not exactly good corporate communication practices given the current situation; they're maybe the only company on earth who hasn't communicated with their customers. Anyways, I'm just passing along info I heard elsewhere, just a rumor.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by planetx88 View Post
    Curious about linkage suspension also. Ben, How have you found it acts on single large impacts, like a jump with a shallow landing or a drop, something like that?

One thing I have seen this company lacking is a commitment to get a regional or national pro team, and groundtruth this technology in a competitive setting. There is nothing like a little racing to force out all the issues. If you can be competitive with new tech, maybe it's fast, sure. but it also says something about how it rides generally, and it's reliability, amongst other things.
    When I first started riding the Shout, I would get this "splat" sensation when I landed rear end heavy, I think this is what some reviewers complained about when hucking. But now that I've learned how to ride the fork, this happens very rarely.

I definitely find myself riding forward more, which improves carving and makes it easier to "slarve". I'm an old guy, so it's a challenge to learn new riding styles, but I think the Trust is bumping my potential which is what drove me to try one.

Based on the low prices I'm seeing on Pinkbike, if someone has the resources to get one of these forks, I'd do it.

I also spoke to Trust and they are open, but they are all working from home. They have an authorized services center (Suspension Syndicate Service 601 884 1158) who I also spoke with, and they have parts for all repairs. SSS can also do some minor tuning like changing oil weight and maybe a few other tweaks to make the forks ride more plush.

I'm looking at getting a Message for my Pistola.
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

Out spokin'
    So Trust has ceased operations. Thatís too bad. Whether we like the look of their forks or not, no one can deny itís a shame whenever an innovative company is forced to stop innovating.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Pretty crazy. I was at their headquarters very recently as this was transpiring and it was a really sobering experience. Apparently this all happened very quickly and with little warning. A bright note though is that my buddies shop the Suspension Syndicate is dedicated to help people keep these going and has a pretty large supply of spare parts/ seals etc. Also he is planning on getting seal kits made for when current supply runs low. Also, he is going to be working on aftermarket damper tunes to improve performance so all is not lost.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Good time to buy one.

Iím looking for an inexpensive Message.

Trust will be back, itís far to refined to disappear.

Iím loving my Shout.
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Here you go... I guess this is "inexpensive"?

https://www.steepandcheap.com/trust-...caAsnNEALw_wcB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Good time to buy one.
    An expensive niche product with limited post-sales support? No thanks.

I hope Trust is able to come back at some point. It will depend on what happens with their IP and whether it remains with someone that can do something useful with it or not.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Out spokin'
    An expensive niche product with limited post-sales support? No thanks.

I hope Trust is able to come back at some point. It will depend on what happens with their IP and whether it remains with someone that can do something useful with it or not.
    Personally I didnít want one in the first place, but now that thereís no Trust left, how could anyone place trust in its products?

Ha ha. Little play on words there.

Anyway I hope that some ingenious company comes up with a way to make a linkage fork that the public is willing to accept the look of.

At a reasonable price.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Interesting......

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    When was really into telemark skiing, I spent a bundle on building my own ďmousetrapĒ, hundreds of dollars wasted until I found something that worked... then the industry imploded and the boots evaporated.

So I did what any enterprising person would do: I bought a bunch of boots!

If I have to buy a couple Shouts to keep me riding for a few years, so be it.

If you havenít ridden a Shout, you donít know what youíre missing, just saying.
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Megatrail and the Shout-d21fd15b-ede2-43c9-a3a1-8797d7ceeb6c.jpeg
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Two are mine, Pistola and Megatrail, the other Pistola is a buddies bike.

Quote Originally Posted by planetx88 View Post
    Also, got a nice little collection of Revved frames there, you must like em! I hope at least one of those is for someone else, obsessions can go to far, y'knowhadimean?
    GG Megatrail (Braaap!)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)