Confirmed Revved Modular Frame Info- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Confirmed Revved Modular Frame Info

Can we get a definitive thread going that fills in the details for real world results of all the Revved frame mod configurations that people have actually tried? Lets try this example format:

Frame and size: MegaTrail, Size Med
    15mm Bottom cup, fork size, length, offset: Yes/No, 29, 160mm, 51mm
    Shock, size, stroke: DPX2, 230mm, 60mm
    Wheel size: 29 x 2.4
    Resulting bb height to center of bb: in mm
    Resulting head angle: in deg
    Tire clearance to seat tube fully compressed: in mm
    Any other details/issues: shock setup, effect on pedaling, handling, pedal strikes, etc.

always licking the glass
    Here's my Revved Shred Dogg:

Frame and size: Shred Dogg, Size 2 15mm Bottom cup, long configuration
    Fork: 160mm Fox 36 with ACS3 conversion, 650B, Offset 46
    Shock, size, stroke: DHX2, 210x55mm
    Wheel size: 2.6 DHR2 front, 2.6 Rekon rear. Also tried DHF 2.5 WT front and rear.
    Resulting bb height to center of bb: prolly in the geo chart
    Resulting head angle: 65 degrees
    Tire clearance to seat tube fully compressed: unknown
    Any other details: Stiff suspension, climbs amazing, descends really well, definitely can notice the shorter chainstays on this vs the AL Shred Dogg.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    What do you mean?

You want to know if someone is running 29" wheels on a Megatrail?
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    What do you mean?

You want to know if someone is running 29" wheels on a Megatrail?
    That, and I want to know if people have had success with different length shocks, etc.

GG is pretty good about utilizing all of the options the frames can handle. Nurse Ben has experimented with 29 wheels on Shred Dogg and some others have put smaller wheels on Trail Pistols and Smashes, but since GGs already use 50mm-65mm stroke shocks and the limiter is tire contact on the seat tube, there just isnt the mix and match variations we saw with the alloy models.

...or at least those we dont know about.

Id say a 29/29 Megatrail is about the only unknown territory.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Does anyone know if the front shock mount can be unbolted and removed from the frame? I can see more configs if its possible to make a longer custom front shock mount

always licking the glass

Quote Originally Posted by jaks View Post
    Does anyone know if the front shock mount can be unbolted and removed from the frame? I can see more configs if its possible to make a longer custom front shock mount
    No why would they want that? That changes the entire geometry of the bike, and there are plenty of other ways to do it. They already have a ridiculous amount of configurations available as it is between wheel sizes, headset cups, forks, wheels, and shock lengths.

The front shock mount says specifically do not remove and word on the street says its bonded to the carbon. The bolts are just there to properly align and fix it in place while the bond cures.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Ah, too bad. If the front shock bolt can be moved backward by ~4mm, then you can use a 210mm x 50-55mm shock to make a trail pistol-like geo and travel bike out of a Megatrail seatstay kit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    No why would they want that? That changes the entire geometry of the bike, and there are plenty of other ways to do it. They already have a ridiculous amount of configurations available as it is between wheel sizes, headset cups, forks, wheels, and shock lengths.
    Because then you could create different travel configurations with just a different shock and a shock mount instead of needing an entirely different seatstay kit and a different shock. Much simpler and cheaper. For example, you could make a great short travel 29er configuration with a longer shock mount and a shorter shock out of a Megatrail

always licking the glass

Because then you could create different travel configurations with just a different shock and a shock mount instead of needing an entirely different seatstay kit and a different shock. Much simpler and cheaper. For example, you could make a great short travel 29er configuration with a longer shock mount and a shorter shock out of a Megatrail
    Sounds like the v1 megatrail is what youre looking for. That had two different shock holes on the front and rear mount points.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Offset bushings?

I tried a 29 wheel on a Megatrail and it with room to spaces at full compression, I believe it was 29 x 2.5, expect a taller bb.

You could also go 27.5 on a Smash, but the bb would low.

I have run my Shred as a 29er, it rides well, high bb for excellent pedal clearance, didnt feel akward.
    Guerilla Gravity Shred Dogg
    Fezzari Signal Peak (For Sale)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

Ben, that Megatrail you tried 29 wheels on, was that a Revved model?
    Last edited by PHeller; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Someone with a Revved Megatrail really needs to try running a 29" wheel with full 165mm travel.

My AL one clears a worn 2.3x29 aggressor at 165mm full bottom out, so the additional CS length on the revved version should make it possible...

Maybe limit travel to 160mm (63mm shock stroke), and put in an offset bushing to keep the BB down a bit?

battle stag commander
    I have the revved megatrail and I'm interested in this. I did a little math and figured that the BB height bumps up to the 353-355mm range with 29 wheels on dd casing dhf 2.5 WT front and rear. The remainder of the geo would be unchanged, which is great, with the exception of the wheelbase, which would creep up by 7-10mm. The dream is a set of WR1 Unions on Hydras, that would be sick.

My AL megatrail easily cleared a 2.5 DH casing minion dhf 29. While the revved frame does clear a 29 tire at full bottom, its close enough to consider heli tape or some protection from stuff coming off the wheel on the rear of the seatstay.

Remember those BB numbers you're mathing are likely with the 15mm lower cup. Install a 0mm cup and you can lower the BB to only a few higher than a Smash.

Did you just confirm that the Revved Megatrail will fit a 29x2.5 at full bottom? I'd love to know what width rims were used for that test, pressures, and well... a picture would be awesome too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Did you try the 29 wheel in both suspension modes?

When I checked clearance, I believe the bike was in plush (165mm) mode, it had a lot of clearance, kinda wonder if clearance changes between modes.

And yeah, bb is gonna be high, changing to a zero lower cup reduces bb by 5mm and reduces HTA by 0.5 deg, so maybe not worth it.

Clearance should be better as the CS increases from 423 (Shred) to 434 (Smash)

Quote Originally Posted by planetx88 View Post
    I have the revved megatrail and I'm interested in this. I did a little math and figured that the BB height bumps up to the 353-355mm range with 29 wheels on dd casing dhf 2.5 WT front and rear. The remainder of the geo would be unchanged, which is great, with the exception of the wheelbase, which would creep up by 7-10mm. The dream is a set of WR1 Unions on Hydras, that would be sick.

My AL megatrail easily cleared a 2.5 DH casing minion dhf 29. While the revved frame does clear a 29 tire at full bottom, its close enough to consider heli tape or some protection from stuff coming off the wheel on the rear of the seatstay.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

always licking the glass
    Revved Megatrail is next for me.

Size 2 long. Starting with the tall cup, 170mm fox 36 with ACS3 and DHX2. Basically the same setup as the Shred Dogg.

While I know Im not playing musical wheel sizes, Ill be starting with 2.6 tires (DHR2front and Rekon rear) to start out with. The summer Ill run DHF 2.5 WT front and rear.

battle stag commander
    Remember those BB numbers you're mathing are likely with the 15mm lower cup...

Did you just confirm that the Revved Megatrail will fit a 29x2.5 at full bottom?...
    That ~355mm bb height number does account for a 29 fork and zero cup. good question though. Ive been running the megatrail all summer with a 29 fork and zero cup, just with 27.5 wheels. I was upgrading the fork with the new frame anyways, and given the adaptable nature of the frame, I saw no point in restricting myself to 27.5 alone.

I cant confirm that actual clearance. My wife is running a 29 rear with Magic Mary SG (2.5?) so that should be a reasonable test at some point, I'll never run anything more aggressive that that, or a least with larger knobs.

battle stag commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    ...kinda wonder if clearance changes between modes...

...changing to a zero lower cup reduces bb by 5mm and reduces HTA by 0.5 deg...
    I guess I am assuming it further improves clearance in 155mm mode. Rear axle is starting in the same spot and traveling a shorter arc (totally that simple, right?), but worth test fitting for sure.

Changing only the lower cup, you are correct. But the assumption is the fork needs to be swapped as well. Fox (and most manufacturers) use a 20mm difference in a-c between 29 and 27.5 for the same travel. In other words, even if you move to a zero cup, the addition of a 29 fork still ends up in a net gain over a 27.5 fork of the same travel, actually slightly increasing bb and slackening HA. If you use that as your new baseline, changing to 29 wheels (if they fit) shouldn't change any angles or lengths other than bb (something like 17-20mm depending on the tire).

Here's the thing though: GG claims that the MegaSmash has a BB height of 340mm. They are saying that adding the 29er fork and 29er wheel with a 0mm cup, you're only adding 5mm, instead of the 20mm you'd expect via the difference in radius. So you're right, the 0mm Cup doesn't remove all the difference, but it removes most of it.

You're still gaining 20mm of height with the addition of a 29er wheel out back, but it doesn't translate to a direct 20mm increase in BB height, because the 0mm cup removes 15mm of that change out front.

Really, we're getting an increase over stock "Gravity Mode" BB height (335mm) of about 5mm in the front, and 20mm in the back, so lets say 15mm total, or about 350mm BB height at most.

350mm or even 355mm, not a big deal in either case. There are plenty of riders who would like those numbers approaching 14".

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I guess I am assuming it further improves clearance in 155mm mode. Rear axle is starting in the same spot and traveling a shorter arc (totally that simple, right?), but worth test fitting for sure.

Changing only the lower cup, you are correct. But the assumption is the fork needs to be swapped as well. Fox (and most manufacturers) use a 20mm difference in a-c between 29 and 27.5 for the same travel. In other words, even if you move to a zero cup, the addition of a 29 fork still ends up in a net gain over a 27.5 fork of the same travel, actually slightly increasing bb and slackening HA. If you use that as your new baseline, changing to 29 wheels (if they fit) shouldn't change any angles or lengths other than bb (something like 17-20mm depending on the tire).
    Yup, I run a 160mm 29er fork + zero lower cup on my Shred so I can swap wheels. If I was only running 27.5 I'd go to a tall lower cup or bump travel to 170mm.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

battle stag commander
    Confirmed Revved Modular Frame Info-1113191259a.jpgConfirmed Revved Modular Frame Info-1113191258.jpgConfirmed Revved Modular Frame Info-1113191258a.jpg

29 wheel fitment on the megatrail works! This is a 29 DD casing dhf 2.3. Keep in mind this wheel isnt offset which is why there's over a 1/2" on NDS, and only a little over 1/4" or so on DS. Id be comfortable runing a 2.5 WT in here myself. As for bottom out clearance, good to go. Ive ridden bikes stock that are closer than that. Just dont run your mud spikes, you'll be fine.

Also had a chance to measure BB heights to compare to GG numbers and my own math.

-My wierd 29 fork, 0 cup, 27.5 wheel combo (DD agressor 2.3 rear, DD DHf 2.5 front): 338mm vs GGs regular megatrail 335mm.

-Megasmash (29 fork, 0 cup, 29wheel with DD Assegai 2.5 WT) 343mm vs GGs 340mm.

-Full 29 Megatrail 29 fork, 0 cup (Name suggestion: The Mothership) 353mm

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Here's the thing though: GG claims that the MegaSmash has a BB height of 340mm. They are saying that adding the 29er fork and 29er wheel with a 0mm cup, you're only adding 5mm, instead of the 20mm you'd expect via the difference in radius. So you're right, the 0mm Cup doesn't remove all the difference, but it removes most of it.

You're still gaining 20mm of height with the addition of a 29er wheel out back, but it doesn't translate to a direct 20mm increase in BB height, because the 0mm cup removes 15mm of that change out front.

Really, we're getting an increase over stock "Gravity Mode" BB height (335mm) of about 5mm in the front, and 20mm in the back, so lets say 15mm total, or about 350mm BB height at most.

350mm or even 355mm, not a big deal in either case. There are plenty of riders who would like those numbers approaching 14".
    Yes, there are many times when a 14" BB is the cats meow; I can't really think of a time when I didn't want a tall BB.

The Revved frames have a lower BB, my Aluminum Smash with 27.5 wheels and 160mm 29er fork was slightly taller than my Revved Shred with 160mm 29er fork; I miss that bike

When I rode FMOH in Moab, I kicked myself for bringing the little wheels cuz I was dragging pedals all day and that's with 165mm cranks.

I hate jacking up my front end to get BB clearance cuz I just don't get the same balanced suspension feel when the front and rear travel vary significantly.

EDIT: Just saw teh MT pictures, pretty much my experience with testing at the shop. What inquiring minds want to know is if clearance changes between modes??

I'm looking at going MT because I want more travel out back and I think it'll lead to more pedal clearance without building a chopper.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi all, I am soon to be a new member of the GG family as I just ordered my MegaTrail a few days ago. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread for all the valuable information, it has really got me thinking. I purchased my frame with the intention of building a MegaSmash but am also very intrigued with the idea of running it full 29.

My main reason is that I am just slightly nervous about how slack the MegaSmash will be (listed as 63 on GG secret menu) even though many companies are pushing it way down there like the new Geometron at 62. I know this value is listed for gravity mode so I should expect it to be a little steeper in Trail by maybe 1/2 or so? I am not intending this bike to be used for lots of technical climbing or anything so maybe I am just getting into my own head too much. I do like the idea of the extra clearance out back with the 27.5 as I am not a tall guy at 5'7" and have pretty short legs w/ longer arms/ upper body (Getting size 2 run long).

But overall I am just excited to get this bike because I lover tinkering and trying new things and it looks like that is what this community is all about. Also, I am going to be running an EXT ARMA (230X65) shock with spherical bearings. Does anyone have any experience with running an EXT on one of these yet? If not I will let you know how it works. I have one on my trance and it is pretty amazing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Taking a stock Megatrail and swapping to a 29 wheel will add ~25mm to your relative A-C, 10mm fork crown increase and 15mm wheel diameter, which decreases HTA by one degree, so 63.5/64 with a tall lower cup. If you run a short lower cup then the HTA is only decreased by a ~ half degree.

Not that slack honestly
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Taking a stock Megatrail and swapping to a 29 wheel will add ~25mm to your relative A-C, 10mm fork crown increase and 15mm wheel diameter, which decreases HTA by one degree, so 63.5/64 with a tall lower cup. If you run a short lower cup then the HTA is only decreased by a ~ half degree.

Not that slack honestly
    Actually the A-C differences between 29 and 27.5 forks of the same travel (and brand) are usually right around 20mm, not 10mm, so with the wheel radius included the bike raises by about 35mm at the front end. Subtract 10mm going from tall lower cup to short lower cup, so your total is 25mm or a little more than 1deg for the HTA.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yup, its closer to 20mm, 18mm on a Fox 36.

So one degree slacker if you use a 29er fork, half a degree slacker if you also use a short lower cup, then you have the additional ~15mm wheel height difference with a mullet.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Confirmed Revved Modular Frame Info-2a2940a8-cb0b-45d7-888a-2a6d02269387.jpg

Running 29er for the next few weeks, been a while, feels good, gobbles terrain, smoother ride, but takes longer to negotiate a turn and not quite as playful.

Also running short headset cup position, does not feel too short. Im 6 tall, proportions mostly normal, big hands or so says el presidente 🙄

Shred Dogg, short lower cup, Bomber Z1 29 160mm 44offset, WTB i45/Kenebeck 2.6/Rekon 2.6

BB Height:
    345mm Plush
    345mm Crush

Tire clearance:
    10mm Plush
    15mm Crush
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

That's interesting that you're running a longer 29er fork and 2.6 tires on the 29" setup and you're BB is still lower than expected. I'd think you'd be seeing 355 or better BB height.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    That's interesting that you're running a longer 29er fork and 2.6 tires on the 29" setup and you're BB is still lower than expected. I'd think you'd be seeing 355 or better BB height.
    My math says the same. That's weird.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I know, but I checked it repeatedly AND I checked it in both modes. Im a carpenter by trade, so I know how to measure 

What that really tells me is my BB is really low in 27+ mode which explains the shite ton of pedal strikes I get ... seriously, I can literally drag my heels and toes while pedaling.

165mm cranks help a bit.

Had a good ride today on 29, rode quite fast on a rugged little trail, never lost control, pushed it hard on a six mile downhill, felt really good though not as fun and playful as 27.5.

The front end felt hard, not harsh, kinda non resilient, Im thinking it might be the tire (Kenebec), so Im gonna order some new tires, Minions 2.6 DHF/DHR.

Braap!

EDIT: rechecked bb height, 13 5/8, 346mm, yup, not too high at all, fits 2.6 fine, would make a great mid travel/short chainstay 29er 😊
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:43 AM.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    More data points:

Shred Dogg, 29 160mm fork (+20mm A-C CS 27.5 fork), zero lower cup, Maxxis
    Minion 27.5 x 2.8.

BB 333mm or so

Pulled up on frame to make sure suspension hadnt settled. So these are much bigger tires than specced by GG on their builds, which means this sucker is slung low.

I run 165mm cranks, so I dont pedal strike too much, but I have noticed the BB is on the low side.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

battle stag commander
    Wow,
    So you're getting almost 5mm lower than what GG specs (with 140mm 27.5 fork/wheels/14mm cup) on this bike. You're measuring from center of bb/cranks to ground? I ask just because I'm curious if we're using different measuring points.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    It could be that your shock is out of spec in terms of being too short eye-to-eye (210mm) which would have the effect of lowering your nominal bb height. About 4-5mm too short of a shock would translate to the BB height reading about 10mm too low.

Either that or GG's geo table is way off.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Wow,
    So you're getting almost 5mm lower than what GG specs (with 140mm 27.5 fork/wheels/14mm cup) on this bike. You're measuring from center of bb/cranks to ground? I ask just because I'm curious if we're using different measuring points.
    There is only one measuring point: center of BB spindle.

So the OEM base geo is based on a tall lower cup, 27.5 x 150mm fork, and Maxxis 2.6 tires.

I'm running a Maxxis 2.8" tires, 160mm fork (+10mm), zero lower cup (-14mm), and 29er fork (+15mm), so yeah, in theory I should have a BB height closer to 347mm.

Ain't even close. No idea what gives. I'll check my A-C to make sure it's what I think it is, travel is definitely 160 mm (Smashpot).

Edit: just measured everything
    A-C is 560mm
    Travel is 155 (weird, but its adjustable)
    Eye to eye is 210mm

So nothing unusual other than my fork travel is a touch off. So maybe GG Zpulled bb height from a bike with a longer travel fork?
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 1 Week Ago at 10:38 PM.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It could be that your shock is out of spec in terms of being too short eye-to-eye (210mm) which would have the effect of lowering your nominal bb height. About 4-5mm too short of a shock would translate to the BB height reading about 10mm too low.

Either that or GG's geo table is way off.
    I'll check that too.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hey Stripes, whats your set up and bb height?
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    According to my calcs based on the Revved geo charts, the Shred dog stays have ~3mm more BB drop than the Megatrail stays, that may account for some of the discrepancies with your measurements.

The geo chart also makes an assumption about tire diameter to get the BB height, on the Megatrail, it looks like this assumption is about 27.8" , and on the Shred Dog, it is 28.2". So the jump to 29" wheels on a shred dogg does not change the BB height as much as you might think.

This still doesnt fully explain why you are at 345mm, seems like it should still be closer to 350mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Frkan View Post
    According to my calcs based on the Revved geo charts, the Shred dog stays have ~3mm more BB drop than the Megatrail stays, that may account for some of the discrepancies with your measurements.

The geo chart also makes an assumption about tire diameter to get the BB height, on the Megatrail, it looks like this assumption is about 27.8" , and on the Shred Dog, it is 28.2". So the jump to 29" wheels on a shred dogg does not change the BB height as much as you might think.

This still doesnt fully explain why you are at 345mm, seems like it should still be closer to 350mm.
    Yup, I hear ya, but it is what it is, I can't imagine mine is a one off cuz this stuff comes off jigs.

I did notice the Shred Dogg Build 1 is coming with 27.5 x 2.8 tires, so that may be why there measurement is more than say a person running 2.5-2.6 tires.

What I'd relaly like to do is compare BB height on a MegaTrail, see if getting different stays would be beneficial in others ways.
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by Frkan View Post

It could be tire size that impacts the BB height.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I think this should probably go in this thread. I am going to use a one up dropper on my build and want to get every last millimeter that I possibly can of drop. GG has a really great fitment guide on their website but it does not include the One Up which has the shortest overall length and stack height of any droppers out right now for equivalent length posts or a listed maximum insertion length. I know insertion length is hard to measure because it is going to be slightly different for how the Housing connects into the bottom of the dropper and how much play you will have given that it is coming in from outside the seat post right below it.

For Size 2 I believe you can safely get a seat post insertion length of 270mm.

With that said I think I am going to use a 210mm post lowered to 190mm with an insertion length of 270mm leaving only about 30mm of post below the collar out of the seat tube. This is for my BB to Seat Rail Measurement of 655mm.

Hopefully this is useful to someone else.

I like goin' fast
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmastamikal View Post
    For Size 2 I believe you can safely get a seat post insertion length of 270mm
    We ream size 2 frames to 240 mm and that depth is what our dropper fitment charts are based around for maximum insertion depth.
    Guerrilla Gravity
    Mountain bikes made for goin' fast. Handbuilt in Colorado.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrilla Gravity View Post
    We ream size 2 frames to 240 mm and that depth is what our dropper fitment charts are based around for maximum insertion depth.
    Interesting. I did not realize the seat tube on carbon frames could be reamed.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

I like goin' fast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Interesting. I did not realize the seat tube on carbon frames could be reamed.
    Revved ain't your normal carbon fiber
    www.RideGG.com/Revved
    Guerrilla Gravity

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    That is good to know and thank you for responding. I got the 210 Post and it appears to have no problem inserting to where I needed it to. I was actually able to completely bottom it out which is insertion of about 300mm (280 not including actuator). I should note that my calculation for insertion length included the actuator which is ~20mm. So the actual body of the dropper is only going to about 250mm or 10mm past the end of the reaming.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Revved ain't your normal carbon fiber
    www.RideGG.com/Revved
    If it's so good then the aluminum rear end is going away and will be Revved at some point right...?

Would be nice to lose unsprung grams for better shock performance or better impact resistance in that area. Or is welded 7075 aluminum rear end possibility?

I like goin' fast
    Quote Originally Posted by erik2k10 View Post
    If it's so good then the aluminum rear end is going away and will be Revved at some point right...?
    It's a goal down the road but the biggest strength gains and weight losses come from replacing very long and large frame tubes in the main triangle with carbon fiber.
    Guerrilla Gravity

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Can GG or someone with a "stock" Shred Dogg confirm the bb height on the website is accurate? I'm thinking hard about buying next year but if I can't trust the numbers, I'd be much less inclined to since I won't be able to test ride before I buy.

Some owners have posted some weird measurements after putting on 29er wheels, etc that imply the stock numbers aren't accurate to start with.