Original i-Drive riders still out there? - Page 7- Mtbr.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 1,201 to 1,253 of 1253
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by idrive.fan View Post
    Howdy, second time poster here lol I ride a 2000 XCR 5000 and really enjoy myself.
    We need a photo dude!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by link1896 View Post
    We need a photo dude!
    it was there earlier I swear lol

mtbr member
    2000 GT XCR 5000

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Doesn't get any more original then this

mtbr member
    https://s26.postimg.cc/4znvviq89/20180514_135824.jpg

Just picked this up today. 2001 idrive 3.0
    2000 GT XCR 5000

mtbr member
    May 2018
    What inexpensive forks would fit on the xcr 3000? Or is it even worth fixing up if the old Rockshox Judys are shot?

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Original i-Drive riders still out there?-32280472_10100623152914152_2559331326188584960_n.jpg

here is mine that i just purchased the other day for $240. Wondering if i wasted my money since it needs a new front fork or work on it cause its oil filled i guess.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    The XCR-3000 is still a good performing mountain bike. That $240.00 you spent gives you a decent platform to start with. However, being a bike from 1999 you must decide how much money to spend carefully. The Rock Shox Recon Silver TK is an excellent 100mm travel air fork that you can upgrade to and is much better than that Judy 100. But then you have that Rock Shox Deluxe rear shock which is not that good. Replace that with a rear air shock with rebound control. Probably another $250.00 to $350.00. Then you have to consider what kind of riding do you want to do. Factor in cockpit upgrades, etc and this bike will cost more than you are willing to put into it. Only you can decide if it is worth it. The pic I have included is my XCR-3000.

Sent from my Galaxy Note8.
    Last edited by ehosey2; 05-17-2018 at 01:20 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    The XCR-3000 is still a good performing mountain bike. That $240.00 you spent gives you a decent platform to start with. However, being a bike from 1999 you must decide how much money to spend carefully. The Rock Shox Recon Silver TK is an excellent 100mm travel air fork that you can upgrade to and is much better than that Judy 100. But then you have that Rock Shox Deluxe rear shock which is not that good. Replace that with a rear air shock with rebound control. Probably another $250.00 to $350.00. Then you have to consider what kind of riding do you want to do. Factor in cockpit upgrades, etc and this bike will cost more than you are willing to put into it. Only you can decide if it is worth it. The pic I have included is my XCR-3000.

fantastic. what kind of riding can i do with this bike? im here in north florida and im stuck to some dirt jumps, small single track and xc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    This GT I-Drive XCR-3000 was ahead of it's time when it was released. Even today it is still a great performer due to its suspension design. This bike can handle some moderate downhills with some rocks, roots, and other obstacles. This bike though is considered more XC oriented. I did ride a few days on the downhill trails at Snowshoe Mountain last September and the only limitation to my particular bike is that it doesn't have disc brakes, just V-Brakes. There are no rear disc tabs and I don't want to buy adapters, new wheels, etc. I have the Rock Shox Recon fork with the motion control upgrade damper kit, a rear Fox Float R shock, an upgraded cockpit including 750mm 12 degree rise Thomson Elite bars, Thomson Elite 70mm stem, seatpost, and an Ergon saddle. The drivetrain currently has and has had XTR and XT 3 by 8 setup but will soon be upgraded to an XT 1 by 11 setup. This bike is a beast for what it is but I also realize the advantages of modern geometry and will be buying a Giant Trance 2 soon. That bike is better suited for Snowshoe, Harrisonburg, etc. I will leave the GT to the local trails of York River and Freedom Park in VA.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Me and my GT in Harrisonburg VA before arriving to ride Snowshoe.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    This GT I-Drive XCR-3000 was ahead of it's time when it was released. Even today it is still a great performer due to its suspension design. This bike can handle some moderate downhills with some rocks, roots, and other obstacles. This bike though is considered more XC oriented. I did ride a few days on the downhill trails at Snowshoe Mountain last September and the only limitation to my particular bike is that it doesn't have disc brakes, just V-Brakes. There are no rear disc tabs and I don't want to buy adapters, new wheels, etc. I have the Rock Shox Recon fork with the motion control upgrade damper kit, a rear Fox Float R shock, an upgraded cockpit including 750mm 12 degree rise Thomson Elite bars, Thomson Elite 70mm stem, seatpost, and an Ergon saddle. The drivetrain currently has and has had XTR and XT 3 by 8 setup but will soon be upgraded to an XT 1 by 11 setup. This bike is a beast for what it is but I also realize the advantages of modern geometry and will be buying a Giant Trance 2 soon. That bike is better suited for Snowshoe, Harrisonburg, etc. I will leave the GT to the local trails of York River and Freedom Park in VA.

do you think it will jump at all?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I am not really into jumping so can't help you there. I have caught some small air but don't intentionally try to launch.

Huckin' trails
    With proper suspension adjustment (so you won't bottom out or have it too stiff to absorb the force), you can get up to 2ft of air no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have a GT Ruckus I-Drive 2.0 that I'm refreshing, haven't ridden her since I had problems with my back that I finally found a solution for. I'll post pics of her later when I get the change. Lots of good parts on it.
    If in doubt, flat out. - Colin McRae

GT Ruckus 2.0 - Custom Build

Sfbayareamike
    Apr 2018

Photo updates on 01 idrive 3.0

Photo update; added some crank brothers cobalt 2 wheel set and pushed out the 100mm to a full 120mm on the rockshox recon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original i-Drive riders still out there?-image.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-image.jpg  

2005 Norco VPS Six
    2001 GT iDrive 3.0
    1996 proflex animal world cup
    1995 GT Rebound

mtbr member
    I've been considering going to a 1x setup. what chainring and bb are you running?

Sfbayareamike
    Apr 2018
    Chainring is a 1x race face narrow wide 32t and bb is a 68/73mm race face race xc external bb. I purchased the race face ride xc 32t special edition crankset which included 175mm cranks, 32t chainring, and bb for $94.99 through performancebike.com online store.
    2005 Norco VPS Six
    2001 GT iDrive 3.0
    1996 proflex animal world cup
    1995 GT Rebound

mtbr member
    great, thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfbayareamike View Post
    Chainring is a 1x race face narrow wide 32t and bb is a 68/73mm race face race xc external bb. I purchased the race face ride xc 32t special edition crankset which included 175mm cranks, 32t chainring, and bb for $94.99 through performancebike.com online store.
    where did that put your chain line at if I may ask?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just picked up a new to me 2001 iDrive Team for my 13yo's B-Day. Got it from my cousin along with a IronHorse Warrior 7.5 for $600 for both. Original owner

I would be shocked if either of these bikes has 100 miles ridden. The only thing that I've found the iDrive needs is new brake pads, the stock ones feel like hard concrete....
    Pics to follow.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-1.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-2.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-5.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-4.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-7.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-8.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-9.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-11.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-idrive-10.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-ironhorse-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    That I-Drive is sweet. I like those stealth gray XTR components. Great find.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm on the fence about my 13yo taking it seriously......since it will be joining my first purchase 1997 LTS-3.

I'm a bit jealous that I found him such a sweet bike in mint condition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original i-Drive riders still out there?-lts-3-.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-gt-jersey.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Gt xcr-5000

Here is my Idrive and still riding it
    Original i-Drive riders still out there?-rsz_gtxcr5000.jpg

just made fully working 1x9 conversion with sunrace 11-40T cassette and RaceFace 36T narrow/wide chainring in the front. had been riding some hard terrain without chain drops

9 speed XT long gage rear derailleur at the back+ goat link extender for 40teeth.

Im loving it

Only thing what I miss in this bike is a dropper seat post, which is not possible because of that old school 25.4 diameter...

mtbr member
    Gorgeous bike. Mine is a 2000 xcr 5000 with a medium frame and 27.2 mm seat post. Is your frame a small? I only ask because there's not very much room between the shock and the post, mine seems to have more. Luckily I was able to find a dropper that fit...barely lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    HI fan!

sorry my bad! I was talking nonsense in my previous message

My rear derailleur is Sram X7 and seat post diameter is 26.8mm.

And yes mine is small frame! is it possible to force 27.2 dropper seatpost to that because its only 0.4mm bigger??? or maybe there just isnt enough space between shock and seatpost

mtbr member
    This is my latest pic. Added dropper, 1x10 conversion, One Up 30t n/w oval chain ring.
    2000 GT XCR 5000

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Original i-Drive riders still out there?

Just bought this XCR5000

Will strip down to just the frame and build from the ground up.

Light bicycle carbon rims on hope pro4
    Unsure of forks yet, will try something around 130-140mm to get head angle slacker.

Rebuilt and modified Rockshox sid dual air rear shock from long ago
    Maybe shimano 2x11 SLX drive train with SRAM shifters mated to guide RS levers

Carbon bar.
    Possibly a dropper post won't fit?

Last edited by link1896; 09-20-2018 at 02:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have a droper post on mine, no problem.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyrious View Post
    I have a droper post on mine, no problem.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    What dropper, what size frame?

mtbr member
    What dropper, what size frame?
    GTmaniac has a small frame and posted his seatpost is smaller than 27.2. Mine is a medium and it's 27.2 and my dropper works a treat. Also there seems to be more room between the sp tube and the shock on the medium than the small.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    GTmaniac has a small frame and posted his seatpost is smaller than 27.2. Mine is a medium and it's 27.2 and my dropper works a treat. Also there seems to be more room between the sp tube and the shock on the medium than the small.
    Indeed, I've a few 27.2 droppers in other frames I'll try soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I still have two idrives going. My wife uses a a gold medium from 2000. I just built up my old 99 idrive silver for my sisters beach house. I ride it around the shore and some local trails. Still great xc trail bikes and they pedal great. Only issue is no rear disc.

Rubber Side Usually Down
    Indeed, I've a few 27.2 droppers in other frames I'll try soon.
    Hey, we pop up everywhere.

Drumroll please. Original i-Drive riders still out there?-dsc_1741.jpeg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------
    'Geez, I wish I had a witty signature'

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crudley View Post
    Hey, we pop up everywhere.

Drumroll please. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1741.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1226675

Awesome packing job, thank you

Rubber Side Usually Down
    Awesome packing job, thank you
    Looks like a Jawa Sandcrawler run over by a small truck. My box making skills need a slight refresher.

----------------------------------------------------
    'Geez, I wish I had a witty signature'

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Original i-Drive riders still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crudley View Post
    Looks like a Jawa Sandcrawler run over by a small truck. My box making skills need a slight refresher.

Everyone, Mr Crudley lives in a different part of Australia from me. He found a used XCR5000 cheap he collected for me and is posting to me.

I now have two complete XCR5000 frames in scuba yellow.

Build plans look something like this:

Front forks 2016 26 pikes converted to 1 1/8th steerer
    Rear shock Cane Creek Double Barrel Air in-line, will use roller bearings both ends.
    Drive train SRAM X0 and XX 2x10
    Brakes SRAM Guide RS
    Hubs Hope Pro4
    Spokes Sapim Laser
    Nipples Sapim Brass
    Rims Light Bicycle Carbon
    Bars Enve
    Grips Oury

The main pivot was always an issue. Pondering if I can swap to IGUS bushings.

Insane amount of effort for an old bike, but the XCR5000 holds a special place in my heart.
    Last edited by link1896; 11-29-2018 at 10:17 PM.

mtbr member
    let me know if you need any measurements as I have my main pivot apart at the moment.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, but have one apart already. Previous owner was a 50lb kid with a 400lb spring, main pivot has never moved and is still super tight. Actually a challenge to get apart.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducseven View Post
    I just picked up a new to me 2001 iDrive Team for my 13yo's B-Day. Got it from my cousin along with a IronHorse Warrior 7.5 for $600 for both. Original owner

Name:  A43EA2E6-95E6-49A4-A578-D65FDE6DC056.jpeg
Views: 334
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  6375E7EF-FA51-4452-BAF3-253241BC7B17.jpeg
Views: 339
Size:  47.0 KB

I would be shocked if either of these bikes has 100 miles ridden. The only thing that I've found the iDrive needs is new brake pads, the stock ones feel like hard concrete....
    Pics to follow.....
    That 2001 iDrive Team is quite the score. Its the highest end XC race iDrive GT ever launched. This was the introduction of tubeless tires in a production bike. All XTR components and the SID Race fork was purposely chosen for its short 63mm travel. The rear suspension was only 3 compared to all other iDrives at 4.6. The cockpit stretched out with a longer top tube and shorter chainstays for XC race purposes. Team GT race colors of blue and yellow and the frame was one of a very few GTs that were hand built at the Santa Ana plant. The frame is Easton 6061 taperwall aluminum. A very lightweight XC race bike. They chose XTR V brakes over disc for weight savings. Brand new in 2001 it cost $4,200.00.

Its so original with such low miles my opinion it should be in a MTB museum, seriously! It would be a shame to ride it. It should be preserved for future generations to enjoy.

The only items Im seeing that isnt original are the pedals and the wheels have been switched out. Bummer because that model came with the first tubeless production wheelset. It originally had Mavic Croosmax Tubeless.

Switch out the wheelset and pedals to original and put it in a museum.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 12-05-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Here is the current XCR5000 scuba yellow frame collection

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Cane Creek Double Barrel In-line Air has been obtained. Build is slowly coming together

mtbr member
    Oct 2018

thoughts on this bike?

I've never owned a GT, let alone an i drive. This bike is $125 locally. Haven't seen it in person yet. Guessing it's ca 99? Z3 BAM? I've gathered I should look for cracks near seatpost. Anything else particular to this bike I should check? Like rear susp wear?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original i-Drive riders still out there?-01111_c3vmraghg9e_1200x900.jpg  

mtbr member
    nice bike and great price. check for cracks in the seat tube and also where the rear shock connects to the frame. also cycle the rear suspension and check to see how the eccentric and bottom bracket rotate. I would also check the dogbone that connects the eccentric to the rear triangle, wiggle and look for any oddities. you should also check the rear derailleur hanger for cracks as well. here's some more info as well...

https://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...Model=XCR-2000

mtbr member
    so I found this ad this morning.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    "2019 gt 5.0"
    ummm, okie dokie

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

Easton Tubing ?

Question,
    XCR 2000 frame vs XCR 1000-1500
    Is the XCR 2000 also butted Easton tubing ? Original i-Drive riders still out there?-s-l1600.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    For the 1x converts what chain guide, bash guard have your ring that works?

I'm about to convert my worn out drivetrain

Thanks!

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendo7179 View Post
    Question,
    XCR 2000 frame vs XCR 1000-1500
    Is the XCR 2000 also butted Easton tubing ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	399.7 KB 
ID:	1234108
    No, I know for a fact it wasnt. When I had my XCR-LE back in 2000 my buddy bought the XCR-2000. Still a great bike but not Easton tubing. It did however come with a 100mm SID fork which was different than the 80mm SID forks on all the other iDrives from that year.

Also the XCR 1000 and XCR 1500 were also not Easton tubing. The only iDrive in 2000 that came with Easton tubing was the XCR-LE. The next year in 2001 The Team frame was Easton tubing.

Keep in mind the Easton tubing frames were hand built out of the Santa Ana plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Trust your turbo lust
    Apr 2010
    I am still riding the iDrive 6.0 that i got brand new in 2001 when I was in high school, it has just been very upgraded since. I also managed to pick up a 2001 DHi a few years back and a 2001 Ruckus 2.0 just a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I still love the iDrive bikes, I am currently looking to find one to build up for XC. I just missed out on a 2001 iDrive Race by a couple hours this weekend. Whoever bought it got one hell of a deal, $200 and in very good condition.

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-gt-collection-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Hello, I found a GT I Drive Team XCR I don't know what #. For $150, is that a good deal? I am planning on investment some money on it.

Can't upload pics but here is the link

https://www.olx.ba/artikal/33872255/...am-hidraulika/

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersaci View Post
    Hello, I found a GT I Drive Team XCR I don't know what #. For $150, is that a good deal? I am planning on investment some money on it.

Can't upload pics but here is the link

https://www.olx.ba/artikal/33872255/...am-hidraulika/
    Buy it, buy it now. Just make sure there are no cracks in the frame.

mtbr member
    Hi fellas, Glad to see these rigs still on the trail. just cleaned out my shed and found this gem. 2003 idrive 1.0. Haven't rode this in a while after the build in 2013 I was actually contemplating selling this recently but a big part of me is holding on!! It's a tank..darn heavy tank. I bought this frame, new wrapped for $150 from a kid that never touch it. Fox talas for another 100 and some parts like the wheels drivetrain pedals was a swap over from a hard tail I had. Just check the travel settings on the talas and still working fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original i-Drive riders still out there?-img_0304.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-img_0299.jpg  

Original i-Drive riders still out there?-img_0243.jpg  

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Members who have read this thread: 38