mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Upset GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.

Hi all, I'm hoping some Sensor owners or anyone who knows about GTs will be able to help me out. I'll try and be specific.
    I've just bought a Sram GX rear derailleur and shifter for my Sensor but it appears not to fit the gear hanger. When mounted two things are an issue with the mounting bolt;
    Firstly the part that goes between the derailleur and gear hanger, a kind of washer/ stopper for the B-screw to push against (I'll add a picture plus a pic of the GT's gear hanger with Shimano derailleur), does not sit correctly in place so the B-screw will not reach it even if the B-screw is fully screwed in.
    Secondly, the derailleur will not reach the inner ring (1x10 set-up) even with the limit screw set up correctly, which is also due to that same washer/ stopper which makes the derailleur sit that much further out. It will only go as far as the 9th ring.
    It's as if the washer needs removing but obviously the mounting bolt will not fit without that part on it.
    Hope I've explained it well enough without being confusing. Does anyone have any ideas, please? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.-capture-3b.jpg  

GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.-img_2643.jpg  

GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.-capture-1.jpg  

GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.-capture-1gg.jpg  

GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.-capture-2b.jpg  

WillWorkForTrail
    So, if you look at the picture of the GX derailleur you posted, it might answer your question IF the problem is what it sounds like it is and I haven't confused anything. It sounds like you have the Shimano part that provides a place for the B-screw still in place. The SRAM derailleur has the B-screw tension face built into it. Undo everything, take the washer part you're talking about out, and try again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hi Cotharyus, thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately it's not that. I've taken a pic of the gear hanger to show you what I'm working with, and also the derailleur part.
    Can't for the life of me figure it out unless it simply isn't compatible, which I would find a bit strange but I might have to give up and sell it on which sucks.
    What it needs is a different hanger bolt that doesn't need the washer part but there doesn't seem to be anything out there. That would obviously bring it closer to the cassette plus solve the issue of the b-screw.
    Anyways, really appreciate your input, thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.-dscf4514.jpg  

GT Sensor Elite 2015 gear hanger issue.-dscf4515.jpg  

mtbr member
    That is the direct mount derailleur hanger which only works with direct mount Shimano derailleurs (As shown in one of your previous posts). You need the standard derailleur hanger installed. It comes with the bike too from new and you need to remove the direct mount hanger too of course.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hi cbj2012. I did get the Sensor brand new and it didn't come with any extra bits. Do you know where I can get one from? I have looked and only found similar ones so far.
    Cheers for your help!

mtbr member
    Mine came with a box that had the regular hanger. I would contact the place where you got the bike from an ask about it? Personally I would of course only run Shimano