Frame sale at Nashbar- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Frame sale at Nashbar

Nashbar has some great deals on frames right now. Just picked up a GT Sanction frame for 400. I'm gonna swap out the parts on my Force to the Sanction frame. Any one looking for a slightly used Force frame?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    good for all the short people, most are small frames.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    there are sanction 2.0 and 3.0 frames, and force 3.0 in large. the sanctions are @ $150, while the force is @ $200. these appear to be '08 frames. pretty sweet deal i think.

Friendly Neighborhood MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngt View Post
    there are sanction 2.0 and 3.0 frames, and force 3.0 in large. the sanctions are @ $150, while the force is @ $200. these appear to be '08 frames. pretty sweet deal i think.
    What shock size(s) and reducer size(s) for these frames? Thx
    If you can't play, display.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Actually, just checked into this, looks like there are quite a bit of frames available, in many sizes. Too bad I just picked up a Niner EMD frame, otherwise i might be interested.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Does Nashbar ever have any Carbon Force frames for sale, have they ever in the past!!! Any info would be appreciated !!!I will keep an eye out for one. Thanks in advanced.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Just picked up an 06 ruckus 7 2.0. It will be here in a week. then the slow build begins. I'm stoked for my first FR/DH ride.
    Still loving my GT's!! find me on the "GT Bike Group" page on FB. I hardly ever hang out in here anymore.

ride for fun
    FYI there is now a 15% coupon code that can apply to the frames. just picked up a force2 for myself and idrive4 for my wife

Bikes & Bike Frames for Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes & More: Nashbar

code 77485
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Bought 3....oops
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gt jorgito View Post
    Just picked up an 06 ruckus 7 2.0. It will be here in a week. then the slow build begins. I'm stoked for my first FR/DH ride.
    I did as well. One of the only large frames they had. So freakin stoked for this. On a related note, does anyone know what the fork travel range on this frame is? It is pictured with a 180mm fork, but the one reviewed at bikeradar has only a 150mm fork, any info on their head angles and such?

GAME ON!
    i question if the small dhi frame will actually be too small for me. i'm around 5'9" and ride a med. enduro with a TT of around 22.6-23". the only info i can find for the dhi seems to put the TT at around 20.8". dh bikes tend to be smaller but that may be pushing it. confirm/deny.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm 5'10 and ride medium and large for XC. You're probably ok with a medium. The Ruckus 7 I ordered is a large though cuz I rode one in large a looong time ago and liked the feel. If I had ordered a DH frame, it would have been a medium.
    Still loving my GT's!! find me on the "GT Bike Group" page on FB. I hardly ever hang out in here anymore.

GAME ON!
    I'm 5'10 and ride medium and large for XC. You're probably ok with a medium. The Ruckus 7 I ordered is a large though cuz I rode one in large a looong time ago and liked the feel. If I had ordered a DH frame, it would have been a medium.
    medium isn't an option, though. only small.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I got mine! woohoo! Now to acquire as much information as possible on the shock and fork travel and save money for some nice parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frame sale at Nashbar-307303_2015646917189_1424334619_31878991_679731389_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Mine is coming on wednesday. Did it come with the axle? and does it have the rear shock mounting bolts? and what size is the seatpost?

As far as collecting info, I can pass on the info from my research over the past few days.
    Fork travel should be about 150-170mm. The 3.0 came with a 150mm fork, the 2.0 came with a 170mm dual crown fork, and the 1.0 came with a 110-150mm adjustable fork. I've seen some people running it with 180mm forks, and I think that a 2007 version came with a 180mm domain fork, but i couldnt confirm this through research, just saw a stock photo with one. I'm planning on getting 160mm or so.

Rear shock it needs is an 8.75 i2i. I have an 8.5 lying around so I plan on using that instead. I'm thinking .25 inches short won't lower my effective travel too much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Cool! Thanks for the info. It has the shock bolts but no rear axle. There is an ebay auction and the guy has a 12mm x 150 axle for the rear wheel so I'm gonna go with that when I order my wheels. I will probably end up with a 180mm in the front. I'm assuming the 8.75 or 8.5 will work fine. I need to start hunting down a rear shock so the options look pretty good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Jacpot!

http://www.gtbicycles.com/skin/front...supplement.pdf

Scroll down through the document and you will find some very helpful information on the I-drives.

Here's the whole webpage in case you have another type.

http://www.gtbicycles.com/index.php/support/manuals

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    hey can you do me a huge favor and measure what size shock hardware it needs (diameter of mounting screws, and inside width of the frame at shock mounting points, if you don't know)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Here's what I got. This is as close to exact as I could get man.
    Inside frame both top and bottom bolt area: .875 inches, 22.2mm
    top and bottom bolt diameter .31 inches, 7.87mm
    top bolt length 1.238 inches, 31.44mm
    bottom bolt length 1.808 inches, 45.9mm
    If you look at the shock bushing sizes of both top and bottom they are 8mm x 22mm so that kind of makes sense on the numbers for inside frame width and bolt diameter. Hope this helps bro.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    yep it helped. got the correct bushings. can't wait for this beast to be up and running. It is a HEAVY frame though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    LOL! Yeah, it is heavy, but it should be a blast on the downhills bro. Mine is gonna take a while to build up. It should be ready for the winter which I'm not going biking in Colorado in the winter. I gotta go snowboarding then. And there's no downhills in Oklahoma I can test this baby on, so I can take my time building it since I won't really ride it until next year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah my build is probably going to be slow as well. Probably will be finished as a christmas present to myself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am buying a zaskar xs frame for 99 bucks.However,my previous encounter with Performance was an unpleasant one as they refused to ship overseas ie Singapore & to my US shipping provider .

As a Gt fan,i am totally devastated by the experience.This time,i shall try again.I hope you guys especially those with Paypal can assist me in procuring if i get some unsatisfactory answers from Nashbar .

I can top up with some incentives for whoever can help me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

My Nashbar touring Build I did.

Here is a pics of my bike it rides nice too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frame sale at Nashbar-100_0030.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfan View Post
    I am buying a zaskar xs frame for 99 bucks.However,my previous encounter with Performance was an unpleasant one as they refused to ship overseas ie Singapore & to my US shipping provider .

As a Gt fan,i am totally devastated by the experience.This time,i shall try again.I hope you guys especially those with Paypal can assist me in procuring if i get some unsatisfactory answers from Nashbar .

I can top up with some incentives for whoever can help me.

As a GT fan helping another GT fan in a time of need, I can try and help you out, but I do hope Nashbar comes through for you. I do have a paypal account. I promise to do what I can to help you out but I cannot make any guaranty that it'll work for you. Let me know bro.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    As a GT fan helping another GT fan in a time of need, I can try and help you out, but I do hope Nashbar comes through for you. I do have a paypal account. I promise to do what I can to help you out but I cannot make any guaranty that it'll work for you. Let me know bro.
    Dearest brother Gt Jorgito,I am very touched by your help in this matter.I always thought we are strangers in the same forum living continents apart will not lift a finger.

I have used the help of a concierge service to secure the frame.But i will always remember your sentence : As a GT fan helping another GT fan in a time of need.....epic and totally comrade in arms !!

GAME ON!
    well, i saw a nashbar dhi frame for sale on pinkbike for $600. it was only a matter of time, i suppose.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Anybody know the dimensions of xs Zaskars?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I ordered 2 frames. An extra small women's Avalanche for my son. Going to build it up with 24" and then 26" wheels when he outgrows his 20" stomper. Ordered a small Peace for myself. Thought it was going to be a 29er but realized after it had shipped that it was a 26. Might keep it, might not.

I was shocked at the packing differences between the 2 bikes. The Avalanche was wrapped in light cardboard, axle spacer, seat post plug, some foam padding at the HT and BB and tons of those air pillows to fill up the box and make a snug fit. The Peace was wrapped in the cardboard and had an axle spacer. It flopped around loosely in the huge box.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I was a little bummed when my Peace 9r arrived with no EBB. Still a sweet deal, but my investment just doubled in cost - doh! No Maxle with the Ruckus 7 either.....
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development

Born to push....
    I ordered a ZUM 3 0 an it cost me $75.
    Wish i would have found this sale sooner, i would have spent a lot of money there.

This makes my 34th GT

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Nashbar GT ZUM build

Its been a while since I've built up a bike from a frame and it looks like something has changed. What is with the integrated headset? I've been reading everything I can find on it. I tried measuring to see what I need but I'm not figuring this out too quickly. Can anyone help me out? I picked up the 2006 GT ZuM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am typing out the following with a heavy heart.my damn postal and concierge service fail to procure for me the Zaskar xs frame as Nashbar stick by their damn procedures that they do not ship to shipping addresses despite the concierge service and me have paid our dues.

Heartbroken!really a sad moment for me as i have long for this hardtail frame

I should have post in MTBR earlier and wait for kind souls like Jorgito to assist me than place my bets on the concierge service whom did not even know their order has been cancelled.

And now all is lost!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Dang! That sucks bro. Sorry to hear that. So the frame is gone huh? Hope you got your money back at least.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Dang! That sucks bro. Sorry to hear that. So the frame is gone huh? Hope you got your money back at least.

Yes,the frame is sold out.Money wise should not be a problem as the concierge provider did not really purchase it.

But it is the effort and wasted time that piss me off.Well,at least i got to conversate and "know"of kind souls like you whom will fulfil the wishes of others.

I am still clinging on to the hope of finding one,the XS sizing Zaskar.If you happen to come across one with rear vees brake mount,of 06 or 07 ,even if used ,let me know??

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Now I feel like I should have bought more. GT Ruckus 7 I-drive 2.0 FREERIDE DH FRAME NEW | eBay

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm the latest to jump on the bandwagon, I bought a DHi size small for $133. Looking forward to building my first DH bike. Have a pair of Rockshox Boxxer cup forks that I'm going to put on, and probably fox van r 9.5x3.0 rear coil