Make your plans for Memorial Day Weekend, 2007- Mtbr.com
    HIKE!

Make your plans for Memorial Day Weekend, 2007

www.bhfattirefestival.com

Make your plans to attend now!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    man i would but my bike will be torn down at that time. I sessioned with my bros to hard the Saturday before and it is too XC for my aggro style......................

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow

Seriously, the website looks good. Whats with all the dorks wearing BC's? Thats Birth Control Glasses for the civilians....................wait, I think I sleep with one of those dudes

Sent that little sponsorship request off before I came home today.

Oh man.
    There's no way I am going to miss this...I hope.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    How about a marathon or 6, and/or 12 hour race?
    Like your idea!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    How about a marathon or 6, and/or 12 hour race?
    Like your idea!!!!
    Jeff, just come hit all the rides/events. I think that will be enough to keep your ultra-ass happy

And for all the Midwest folks, please spread the word. If some of you have never ridden the Hills, this is the perfect chance to see our little slice of heaven. Many of our rides are hard to follow unless you have beeen shown the trail (signage forthcoming but its a ways off) this will show you some killer rides, a few right in the city limits.

Spreadin the love...
    Quote Originally Posted by surlytman
    man i would but my bike will be torn down at that time. I sessioned with my bros to hard the Saturday before and it is too XC for my aggro style......................
    That's right. Because everyone who owns a bike is obligated to be at a black hills race. If we've met, I don't remember you, but you're a douche. Not everyone lives to race, get over it. BUT I'll make you a deal. You ride with me for a day and I'll ride with you for a day...I'll survive climbing hills and coasting down...but the Pisgah canyon gap...? What, not your thing? Hmm...

Probably drunk right now

Cool. I'll spread the word...

I'll spread the word in KC.

Perhaps the reason for the BCG's is that the riders are from Ellsworth? Former 28th Bomb Wing alum here.

Ken

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    That's right. Because everyone who owns a bike is obligated to be at a black hills race. If we've met, I don't remember you, but you're a douche. Not everyone lives to race, get over it. BUT I'll make you a deal. You ride with me for a day and I'll ride with you for a day...I'll survive climbing hills and coasting down...but the Pisgah canyon gap...? What, not your thing? Hmm...
    I thought he was making reference to you. LOL... thanks for confirming that. You truly are a legend in your own mind.

Back on topic: I've marked this weekend off on my calandar.

Spreadin the love...
    And that makes me a legend in my own mind...how...?
    Nevermind, I don't want to hear anymore.

Who is John Galt?
    What's the weather like then? I've heard rains make SD trails unrideable, what's your take on that? Might just pay you all visit.
    What, me hurry?

HIKE!

Variety of soil types.

We have a wide variety of soil types. Storm Mt/Rockerville area is rocky, shaley stuff that drains fine, can ride in the most raging downpoor. No matter the weather, we have rides that are fine within minutes of town, or right in town.

Memorial Day weekend is always cool and lovely with afternoon sprinkles. Good riding weather and the dust will be kept down. You must be thinking about the Badlands area and the gumbo mud out there. Or you are thinking of the Maah Dah Hey in North Dakota, that's a whole different story.

Who is John Galt?
    We have a wide variety of soil types. Storm Mt/Rockerville area is rocky, shaley stuff that drains fine, can ride in the most raging downpoor. No matter the weather, we have rides that are fine within minutes of town, or right in town.

Memorial Day weekend is always cool and lovely with afternoon sprinkles. Good riding weather and the dust will be kept down. You must be thinking about the Badlands area and the gumbo mud out there. Or you are thinking of the Maah Dah Hey in North Dakota, that's a whole different story.
    Yes, Maah Dah Hey is what I was thinking about. I'll put it on the calendar and see what happens, would really like to broaden my horizons so to speak.
    ;-)
    What, me hurry?

DIRTYAMERICAN
    Apr 2004
    Black Hills would be awesome to ride..session but not race.

And I'd like to ride a day with Thrillseeker. haha Looks like I missed ya this weekend. Good times anyhow. Rode 4 days in a row..yesterday alone was epic..railed a cross country trail as a warm-up, seat down wheels up, then did an urban trip that ran another 4 hours long when I ran into some local hardtail rippers...all in Lawrence...I had no idea.

thread derailled.

Hope the BH race is awesome.
    let's roll

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    Lighten up Francis! It was sarcasm lost on you I see.......see that dork in the BCs that I was making fun of on the website? In the sleevless blue dressshirt? Thats me, I dont take anything too serious including myself.................Show up and have fun, same thing I will tell everyone. The rides and apres events are where the fun will be, the poor souls racing for ego will be chasing something they will never find. That said, we will try and show everyone a good time regardless of your poison.

Tim is right on the weather, it usuallly is cooler with some showers that time of year. Dont fret, some of our best riding is with damp ground.

Spreadin the love...
    Jdude, you get pics of the backyard FR partay up yet? I wished we coulda got down there...what's your next few weekends looking like? My hours got cut, and Adam went to nights: meaning we have 3 day weekends now!
    And just to keep this thread off course a little longer, stay tuned for a new thread(since I don't know how to post pics on KSFR) here on todays ride...32' Suicide Hip of Death gap! Had this thing built for a few months now and everyones been too scared to hit it. Today we decided enough was enough and we FORCED each other to kill it, and it went down...perfectly! Then I sprained my ankle on a little, weird step-up, dirt halfpipe, 180 hip thingy....by overshooting the run-in and smashing into the booter. Oops.
    Corey-Freerider will prob post the thread with some pics...

Members who have read this thread: 0