Build Day Friday at Buzzards Roost (Dec 28)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Build Day Friday at Buzzards Roost (Dec 28)

To all available people who happen to have Friday morning available to do some digging. I will be at Buzzards Roost doing some hand benching. We have approximately 1100 feet of hand benching left to do to get to the machine. I would like to utilize college or high school students who may be available. Please send me a PM, email or post back to tell me if you are available. After this section is available we will have about 2 miles of new trail to ride. Thanks have a great day!!!

mtbr member
    Sorry Kelly, but Im gonna be at Deer MTN on Friday. What are you doing tomarrow...I have all morning and afternoon open. Lata yo
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Joe get your boys up there tomorrow morning then and do some hand benching,

HIKE!
    We'll have some tools there. We are now working South of the gate (walk uphill, South, along the road to the trailer) look for the pin flags below the cliff band, above the road to the East. There is 1,200 feet of hand benching to be done to connect to the machine built section above. Once these two bench cuts meet, that will mark 2 miles of trail from the parking lot gate to the terminus above Falling Rock. We are very close to that nice little bench mark. There also is plenty of hand finishing to be done along the machine cut, that goes fairly easily.

IF you've been trained up on what to do, you do not need to wait around for a work day, feel free to get on the business end of a Mcleod or Pulaski! The hand finish of the machine bench is a nice way to get a 1-2 hour full body workout.

That will leave just a mile left to bring the loop all the way around. I'd bet that (weather willing) we can have the Eastern 3 mile loop done and rideable by March! Then we will tackle the Western loop, another 3 miles connected via Buzzard's Roost at the actual peak of the viewpoint. Cool happenings.

HIKE!
    Mtbextremest, you should be up there on Thursday. I'll be there in the morning, Kelly will be there after noon, you and some college kids can get up there any time you want on Thursday to do hand finish behind the machine. You can't ride right now anywhere anyway, you've got Xmas feasting to burn off!

Bring a stout rake to do finish work, it goes fast, and needs done! Or bring a pick and get after some heavy bench work!

HIKE!
    mtbextremist, just got word from KH that there will be trail work Fri, Sat and Sun mornings. One of those fit your busy schedule? Just razzin ya, see you there one of those days!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    mtbextremist, just got word from KH that there will be trail work Fri, Sat and Sun mornings. One of those fit your busy schedule? Just razzin ya, see you there one of those days!
    Mike and I will be up there at 8:00 Thurs morning.
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    sweet find Tim he will have tools, good to have people on board lots of hand benching to do

hardtale
    kelly, when are you going up on friday????

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    We will be there from 8-noon. Bring a Pick if you have one. We will have loaner tools to use.

Apr 2007
    Sorry I missed out yesterday guys. As Joe mentioned, I planned on meeting him up there at 8. However, as I went to walk out the door I found out my dad took the day off to help me rebuild the Jeep. Are we working saturday?

Members who have read this thread: 0