Giant Revolt Advanced - Page 5- Mtbr.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Apr 2020

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by mowmonster View Post
    @mhon72 TY!

A couple of thoughts. Who ever takes the pictures of Giants bikes for their website needs to be fired. For some reason the stock pictures do not do their bikes justice. The picture you posted is gorgeous (and I don't really geek out to roadie stuff in general). Second, the bike looks really good as well in terms of sizing/geometry. I was going to pull the trigger on Giant Defy a few years back and then saw a Defy in my LBS getting serviced and the balance of the rear triangle size compared to the rest of the bike turned me off. It just looked funny and undersized.

Sizing: I hear what you are saying but, in general fit/bike set up, I like as little steerer tube as possible. The front end of the bike gets flexy when you lean and throw the bike into corners. Thank you for posting.

No worries.
    I googled that picture from an ad for an XL bike:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/262...0&lastredirect
    I was surprised myself how the proportions seem different to an XL Defy.

Unfortunately Giant don't use the oversized OD2 headset & fork with this model. However, I can't say I notice flex when cornering on my ML with a 10mm spacer and that's with a 120mm stem.
    Definitely try to get a ride of both sizes as I was on the cusp of getting an L but went smaller based on the better ride from having a shorter seat tube.
    Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 - GRX

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by mowmonster View Post
    @mhon72 TY!

A couple of thoughts. Who ever takes the pictures of Giants bikes for their website needs to be fired. For some reason the stock pictures do not do their bikes justice. The picture you posted is gorgeous (and I don't really geek out to roadie stuff in general). Second, the bike looks really good as well in terms of sizing/geometry. I was going to pull the trigger on Giant Defy a few years back and then saw a Defy in my LBS getting serviced and the balance of the rear triangle size compared to the rest of the bike turned me off. It just looked funny and undersized.

Sizing: I hear what you are saying but, in general fit/bike set up, I like as little steerer tube as possible. The front end of the bike gets flexy when you lean and throw the bike into corners. Thank you for posting.
    Giant Revolt Advanced-revolt-bought.jpgGiant Revolt Advanced-revolt-test-ride-pic.jpgGiant Revolt Advanced-revolt-first-gravel.jpg

Same Color, Not as good as the one he posted!!!!!!!!
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

powered by peanut butter.
    Hey all, I'm having trouble with installing a new shift cable on my Advanced 2. The internal sleeve came loose as I was swapping it out (user error for sure), and now I can't get the cable or the sleeve attached again. Any ideas? I'm really at a loss here.
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Front or Rear? I removed the bottom bracket cover where I could access the sleeves. And feed from the bottom bracket up to the front or to the rear.

Sorry, this is the rear, at the end of the chainstay. I've got that cover open and even pulled the crank to get a better look at what's going on down there. I pulled a new inner sleeve from the headtube to the BB, but I can't get it connected to the end of the chainstay.
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Iím not sure the existing one was connected all the way to the rear - just to the bottom bracket cover Ďthingí. From there it just was open. For the rear brake I removed the rubber bung but I canít recall the derailleur price Iím sorry - it was 2 weeks ago

At Work
    can you fish it from the rear to try and get it lined back up?
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    can you fish it from the rear to try and get it lined back up?
    Snap I remember now...... I did exactly this. I took a piece of old cable and feed it from the rear derailleur cable hole. Then, taped the new wire to the old wire and pulled back through. I removed the plastic sheath from the back of the bike.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, all. Yes, that's exactly the issue. I tried fishing it from the rear, but that cable sheath is too narrow to fit a taped cable through.

Giant Revolt Advanced-cable-stop.jpg

How did you remove it? I tried to pick mine out, but it seems bonded to the frame.

I'm about ready to drill that bit out...

At Work
    can you get the sleeve to move any?
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

No, it's stuck in place. I'm thinking of drilling out that inner hole so I can tape two cables together and pull them out. I have a jagwire housing cap with a thin cable sheath that I think could fit in there after I widen that hole a little bit.

Finally got it. I managed to pull that housing stop by hitting it gently with my power drill. Popped that out and was able to fish the cable through. Phew. I'm a newb to internal routing, so I'll chalk this one up to ye olde learning curve.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Heres my MY20 Revolt Advanced Pro Force. Been waiting for this bike for quite some time, super stoked to ride it.

In comparison, I had a MY18 TCX Advanced SX and a MY18 TCR Advanced 1. I liked how the TCX felt when it comes to corning, and the 40c tires. However the TCR I felt was more comfortable, it was easier for me to "settle-in" the bike. And I liked the speed, but pure road wasn't my goal.

This new Revolt is pretty damn sweet, fast and comfortable. I find slow speed tight cornering a slight bit sloppy, but it's fine.

This is my first time using eTap AXS, and it's a very nice setup. It's making me contemplate getting the AXS upgrade kit for the Trance Adv

This bike is such a great value for what you're getting. I'm very happy I got the Revolt over the TCX.

Giant Revolt Advanced-0727dfce-1784-4b36-b70d-75b7977e21f3.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    @EP3RR
    Sharp looking ride. What model is the seat bag & the light around the seat post? I've had a hard time finding a light with a flat base (vs concave) that would more easily mount to the flattened D shape or the Revolt post.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by biglmbass View Post
    @EP3RR
    Sharp looking ride. What model is the seat bag & the light around the seat post? I've had a hard time finding a light with a flat base (vs concave) that would more easily mount to the flattened D shape or the Revolt post.
    Thanks!

The seat bag is https://www.evocsports.com/products/...ies/saddle-bag

And the tail light is a Giant Numen Plus Spark TL. Itís INSANELY bright, like stupidly bright. I tried looking on giants website, but looks to be gone. Try a LBS. However, I HIGHLY recommend this tail light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    Anyone else know if a good rear light that has a flat base to enable seatpost mounting on D-Fuse, d-shaped, post. The one mentioned below is no longer available.

Thanks, EP3RR for the saddle bag link. Been thinking on a bag w' more capacity than my current one.

At Work
    Anyone else know if a good rear light that has a flat base to enable seatpost mounting on D-Fuse, d-shaped, post. The one mentioned below is no longer available.

Thanks, EP3RR for the saddle bag link. Been thinking on a bag w' more capacity than my current one.
    I use the garman Varia Light/Radar (Do a good bit of road riding also). No issues mounting it. Also the Bontrager Flare R works really well.
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

I think they have a smaller version of the same light. Just little smaller, which for being this bright, I really wouldnít worry about the size. Heck, I could go for a smaller one (I wish thatís what she said)

I also had a Bontrager Flare, but found it wasnít bright enough for daytime riding, and doesnít cover as big of angles. Being visible from the side is important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

My Bontrager flare RT mounts to the seatpost just fine.

jasonaknight
    May 2020
    Hi all. New to this thread, so please go easy.
    I am considering a Giant Revolt Advanced 2 (2019) in orange, as my LBS is running a special for the ZA Rand equivalent of $1,500. In order to get rid of the Giant Conduct system, I'd like to know if I can fit the Shimano GRX 810 1x11 kit (for $1000), and if there would be any issues with cassette or BB? Many thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by olibluegoat View Post
    Wow can you list the spec on that. Woukd love to get mine that light
    Base model: Giant Revolt Advanced 1 (2019)
    Size: L (I'm 6'2"with 33" inseam)

UPDATES:
    Wheels: Light Bicycle AR36 (w/ DT 240 hubs)
    Tires: Conti Terra Speed 700x40
    Rotors: Sram centerline R (160 mm)
    Cassette: XG-1195 (10-42t)
    Derailleur: Force 1
    Levers+brakes: Force 1
    Crankset: Force 1 GXP, 40t (175 mm)
    Handle bars: Easton EC70 AX Carbon
    Stem: Easton EA90
    Saddle: Prologo Dimension NDR TiroX 143
    Pedals: Shimano XTR PD-M9100

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiscott View Post
    Snap I remember now...... I did exactly this. I took a piece of old cable and feed it from the rear derailleur cable hole. Then, taped the new wire to the old wire and pulled back through. I removed the plastic sheath from the back of the bike.

Hope that makes sense.
    Hello kiwiscott, your posts come extremely timely. I am going nuts with the same issue: I cannot get the cable to get out of the chainstay through the tiny hole. Did you remve the part inside the frame with the tiny hole? How did you do that? Looking forward to your answers.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    Finally got it. I managed to pull that housing stop by hitting it gently with my power drill. Popped that out and was able to fish the cable through. Phew. I'm a newb to internal routing, so I'll chalk this one up to ye olde learning curve.
    Hi Heartland, I am struggling with the same issue and am not clear how you resolved it. Did you remove the part with the tiny hole that is deep in the frame? Is it supposed to slide out? Did you damage it with your drill? What did you replace it with if it is the case. It is my first time changing shifter cables and am going CRAZY

mtbr member
    Dec 2019

update

Anyone else know if a good rear light that has a flat base to enable seatpost mounting on D-Fuse, d-shaped, post.
    Update
    After a bit more time googling the topic I ended up with the following:

Cygolite Hotrod 50-Lumen 6-Mode USB Rechargeable LED Bicycle Rear Tail Light

It fits perfectly on my seatpost & is shockingly bright at its highest setting. I think weíre going to really happy together.
    Last edited by biglmbass; 2 Days Ago at 10:06 AM.