Giant Revolt Advanced - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Sorry to hear about the tires. I have about 1000 miles on my Maxxis refuse 700x32s and no problems riding road and gravel here. I wondered how different your tires are to mine. I want to go to 40c and I canít decide what tires to get. I might stick with the refuse.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Finally I can post :P

I got my 2020 Revolt 2 and my first though was to change the 105 for di2 but after a few weeks riding it man the shifting has been GREAT so instead I am just going to get a set of light wheels.

Any light budget friendly wheelset? 1400-1600g?

Crankset is the next to go as I want something lighter like DA 50/34 or Ultegra 50/34

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisDF View Post
    Finally I can post :P

I got my 2020 Revolt 2 and my first though was to change the 105 for di2 but after a few weeks riding it man the shifting has been GREAT so instead I am just going to get a set of light wheels.

Any light budget friendly wheelset? 1400-1600g?

Crankset is the next to go as I want something lighter like DA 50/34 or Ultegra 50/34
    I couldnít agree with you more on the shifting, the new 105ís and Ultegraís are flat out amazing and Di2 isnít the must have it was a few years ago.
    Mason x Hunt in 650b are the popular choice at 1594g. I paid $379 for mine and they just dropped to $359. Excellent set of wheels for the money and theyíll be at your doorstep in less than a week. These will be my winter wheels and the factory 700c carbon wheels are my spring and summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-4f0a4294-a471-4f76-9cf3-b58fa3796f30.jpg  

Last edited by kdoug; 10-18-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230
    Focus Cayo Team Jelly Belly

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    Makes no sense why they changed, the Revolt 1 & 2 still show coming with the Cross Cut's.........
    I would order the Cross Cuts, or see if they will swap out. They work really well on road and gravel. I did end up picking up another stock set of wheels and throwing on some WTB Slicks for just road rides.
    How does the Revolt with slicks compare with a more ďstandardĒ road bike? In other words, does it feel sluggish at all on group rides that are 100% road?

Iím debating back and forth between a Revolt or a Defy and am curious which one might be best for my needs (BWR type of ride) where itíd be mostly road with a decent amount of dirt ( say 70% road vs 30% fire roads).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LargoPQ View Post
    How does the Revolt with slicks compare with a more ďstandardĒ road bike? In other words, does it feel sluggish at all on group rides that are 100% road?

Iím debating back and forth between a Revolt or a Defy and am curious which one might be best for my needs (BWR type of ride) where itíd be mostly road with a decent amount of dirt ( say 70% road vs 30% fire roads).
    Iíve had another flat today and while waiting for the sealant to do its job iíve pumped both tires with my co2 cartridge to get back to the car ASAP totally pissed off . The bike performs well on tarmac,the only issue imho is gearing,everything except the smallest cog is way to spinney. Perfect for climbs and gravel but a bit too agile for proper road riding. I love chunky tires on roads,cracks and potholes are not an issue anymore.
    Roadie DNA,mtbike curious.

mtbr member
    With 32s I donít think it handles any different then a normal road bike. the stock gearing is a bit low so I do spin out faster then I would on a road bike with standard gearing. But in my area I have short climbs and short downhills so itís not that much of a problem. I will probably put the stock tires on for the winter and see how that changes things. But if your looking at the Defy then I would just go with the Revolt and change the chainrings to standard compact. You canít beat the versatility of the Revolt with a second set of wheels with a bigger tire for exploring places you canít or shouldnít go with a regular road tire.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    50/34 on the front and slicks should do the trick - not the fastest road bike but it would do ok for group road riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019

Another vote for the Revolt with a second set of wheels with road tires. I find my Revolt more agile than my road bike and performs pretty much just as well. Depends on your terrain if you want to switch the 48/32 to a 50/34. I spin out occasionally when on the roads but that doesn't outweigh the number of times I really NEED that 32 front 34 rear combination on gravel climbs.

Should perform just fine with road tires for group rides. The only time I was really wishing I had a 50 (or 52) on a group ride is when I got a bit lackadaisical on a faster group ride and let myself slip out of the draft and then had to catch back up. If you want to do a lot of road races, go with the Defy, otherwise I'd go for the Revolt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jburm View Post
    Really easy to loosen the tension on shimano clutch mechs. Generally you'll have a grindy feeling if your b screw isnt set right, chain is too short, or you've got too much tension on your clutch. Reducing the tension on my clutch resolved that issue on my mtb.
    Thanks, I'll try toying with it a bit more. I've lightened the clutch some and it is a little better, but not completely resolved.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kdoug View Post
    I couldnít agree with you more on the shifting, the new 105ís and Ultegraís are flat out amazing and Di2 isnít the must have it was a few years ago.
    Fully agree on the mech shifting. I was planning to ďupgradeĒ to Di2, but after using mechanical Ultegra I have no desire to change. It feels great and shifts very reliably.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I had a Defy when I purchased my Revolt. Ended up selling the Defy because I find the Revolt is great on gravel and paved roads. Multiple wheelsets on the Revolt make it extremely versatile with quick change-over.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    Fully agree on the mech shifting. I was planning to ďupgradeĒ to Di2, but after using mechanical Ultegra I have no desire to change. It feels great and shifts very reliably.
    FD is FLAWLESS... doesn't take much to change from small to big.

I don't like the cables on the front but I like 1k plus in my account more lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    I had a Defy when I purchased my Revolt. Ended up selling the Defy because I find the Revolt is great on gravel and paved roads. Multiple wheelsets on the Revolt make it extremely versatile with quick change-over.
    Interesting. Did you ever put bigger tires on the Defy and try riding it off road?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Interesting. Did you ever put bigger tires on the Defy and try riding it off road?
    I ran 28mm Conti 4000ís which stretch a few mmís larger. You could put something a bit larger on the front, but if memory serves there wasnít room for a larger tire in the back.

Jux
    mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Hi everyone! Iím looking to get some quick feedback on a what seems to be a solid deal on a 2020 giant revolt advanced 2 NEW from a local bike shop. I see the sticker price is $2,450 on the giant website....so I went in and offered $2,000 cash out the door and they agreed (I was referred to this shop by a friend who is also a friend of the owners) is this as SWEET of a deal as Iím thinking??

Thanks ahead of time anyone thatís willing to provide feedback!! 💚

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jux View Post
    Hi everyone! Iím looking to get some quick feedback on a what seems to be a solid deal on a 2020 giant revolt advanced 2 NEW from a local bike shop. I see the sticker price is $2,450 on the giant website....so I went in and offered $2,000 cash out the door and they agreed (I was referred to this shop by a friend who is also a friend of the owners) is this as SWEET of a deal as Iím thinking??

Thanks ahead of time anyone thatís willing to provide feedback!! 💚
    If you're happy with the bike and its affordable than buy it. I purchased my 2020 ADV 0 for retail price and thought I was getting a great deal for the features/value. If your plan is to purchase the bike and ride it once and a while then hang it from the rafters then you paid for too much bike. My second choice before I made my purchase was a Topstone RX Ultegra which is $4,200. My Revolt 0 like the Canny has a carbon wheelset and Ultegra components for almost $600 less.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    I paid retail for my Revolt 2 as well and I though it was a pretty good deal - 10% off on accessories.

2k? dude that is a STEAL!

you won't regret it

Jux
    mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    If you're happy with the bike and its affordable than buy it. I purchased my 2020 ADV 0 for retail price and thought I was getting a great deal for the features/value. If your plan is to purchase the bike and ride it once and a while then hang it from the rafters then you paid for too much bike. My second choice before I made my purchase was a Topstone RX Ultegra which is $4,200. My Revolt 0 like the Canny has a carbon wheelset and Ultegra components for almost $600 less.
    Definitely looking to put some miles on the bad boy.....was just hoping to get a general idea on how pricing usually is when you plan to pay in full and not finance 😄👍🏼👍🏼

Jux
    mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisDF View Post
    I paid retail for my Revolt 2 as well and I though it was a pretty good deal - 10% off on accessories.

2k? dude that is a STEAL!

you won't regret it

Thanks for the feedback! The shop placed the order for me this afternoon, should be put assembled and ready for pick up tomorrow 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 SUPER excited!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jux View Post
    Definitely looking to put some miles on the bad boy.....was just hoping to get a general idea on how pricing usually is when you plan to pay in full and not finance 
    You got a good deal on the Revolt 2 but I'd say you're the exception since most Giant dealers as well as Trek and Specialized don't discount current models regardless of payment.
    Last edited by kdoug; 10-14-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230

mtbr member
    When switching between wheelsets I've learned you have to be extremely careful not to tear up the inside of the frame with the brake disc. I've already gouged mine either installing or removing the rear wheel. It's mostly in the clear coat so now I've installed clear racers tape to protect that area.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    When switching between wheelsets I've learned you have to be extremely careful not to tear up the inside of the frame with the brake disc. I've already gouged mine either installing or removing the rear wheel. It's mostly in the clear coat so now I've installed clear racers tape to protect that area.
    Pro tip - shift into your highest gear (smallest rear cog) prior to removing your wheel. When uninstalling and installing your wheel it should slide into/out of the drop outs with the derailleur pushing it to the disc brake side.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jburm View Post
    Pro tip - shift into your highest gear (smallest rear cog) prior to removing your wheel. When uninstalling and installing your wheel it should slide into/out of the drop outs with the derailleur pushing it to the disc brake side.
    That's a great tip and one that I've been using. For some reason it's still a giant PITA. It also seems somewhat easier if I put the front in the smaller gear. I wish Shimano had a locking mechanism on the rear derailleur like my SRAM. I just need to be patient and careful I guess.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I ordered a 2020 advanced 0 a few days ago and plan on putting a 4iiii crank power meter on it. I want to get the power meter ordered asap (getting the entire aluminum praxis with power pre-installed as it is cheaper than getting the power meter put on the carbon crank).

Can someone help me out and let me know if there is enough clearance between the crank and chain stay or does anyone have a 4iiii on their Giant advanced? A aaa battery needs to fit between the left crank and chainstay to check the clearance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    I think so - I can fit my finger between the chain stay and the crank arm

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Nobster, could you tell me exactly which model rack you put on the rear? I need one for an upcoming trip and canít figure out which one I need to mount to my Revolt. Iíve tried contacting Giant and havenít heard back from them. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm a complete newb when it comes to working on bikes and I just bought a Revolt 0 and would like to replace the Praxis crankset with a Shimano GRX Crankset. Can someone give me a list of parts I need to get (other than the crankset)? Do I need a new BB? Or anything else it might need.
    Thanks...

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by silves1171 View Post
    I'm a complete newb when it comes to working on bikes and I just bought a Revolt 0 and would like to replace the Praxis crankset with a Shimano GRX Crankset. Can someone give me a list of parts I need to get (other than the crankset)? Do I need a new BB? Or anything else it might need.
    Thanks...
    I think you'll need a new bottom bracket, but I don't know for sure. If that is the case, probably best to order through a bike shop and have them install, as that would take specialized tools.

If you are running a 1x you'll need a new rear derailleur (and likely a new cassette with wider gearing), if you are running the 2x you'll need a new front derailleur due to the different chainline.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Question for you all, does anyone know of a way to install Di2 on a Revolt, more specifically the DFuse seat post? I have a 2020 Advanced Pro that I would like to put GRX Di2 on but I have read that it can be difficult because there is no hole in the seat tube for the eTube wire. I don't pretend to be an expert on this so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    I am not an expert either but I doubt that the seat tube is a big solid piece with no space to pass a cable.

remove the seat post and with a flashlight take a look what is down there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Go on YOUTUBE and search vids from "Bike Guy Consulting", he actually installed a Ultegra Di2 on a 2019 Revolt Advanced.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Very happy after 1st ride

Bike arrived after 2 business days, bike shop assembled same day. Very happy with the purchase experience. Advanced 0

Color in person is amazing, pictures do not do it justice, it is more gray than it is turquoise. I was unsure about the color when ordering, didn't really like the website images but was more focused on the components and could get past the color. Jaw dropped when I saw it in person, 100% happy with color.

This is my first bike with drop bars and first non-mtb bike. I am shocked by how much faster this is on pavement that a hardrail XC MTB. mtb takes decent effort to go 20mph on pavement, On this I was effortlessly cruising at 21mph on my first quick ride tonight.

Very happy so far. Now need to decide between 4iii or assioma power meter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-20191023_212202.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbog View Post
    Bike arrived after 2 business days, bike shop assembled same day. Very happy with the purchase experience. Advanced 0

Color in person is amazing, pictures do not do it justice, it is more gray than it is turquoise. I was unsure about the color when ordering, didn't really like the website images but was more focused on the components and could get past the color. Jaw dropped when I saw it in person, 100% happy with color.

This is my first bike with drop bars and first non-mtb bike. I am shocked by how much faster this is on pavement that a hardrail XC MTB. mtb takes decent effort to go 20mph on pavement, On this I was effortlessly cruising at 21mph on my first quick ride tonight.

I agree, love mine also. I see they mounted your stem correctly, mine was +up and looked hideous. Those black rubber plugs on the fork fall out easily. Throw some clear racers tape patches over both and call it a day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-2353f12b-3143-49de-b2d7-7da2e86bbb75.jpg  

2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbog View Post
    B

I think 4iiii is the only power meter option is you want to stick with the Praxis cranks. The Assiomas are great, I have them on my roadbike, but would get super beat up on gravel. The cleats aren't the best to walk on either, even on tarmac. SRM are releasing a mountain bike pedal power meter soon, interested to see how it is.

I'm really digging the color too, and get a lot of compliments on it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think 4iiii is the only power meter option is you want to stick with the Praxis cranks. The Assiomas are great, I have them on my roadbike, but would get super beat up on gravel. The cleats aren't the best to walk on either, even on tarmac. SRM are releasing a mountain bike pedal power meter soon, interested to see how it is.

I'm really digging the color too, and get a lot of compliments on it.
    I'm leaning towards the 4iiii, it is the only option for these cranks. Problem with the pedal power for me is I only ride flats, will possibly try a mtb cleat on this bike but going from flats to 0-3 degree cleats with the assiomas might be too much of a change and I do plan on riding this on some light trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019

... and if we just ...

My summary after riding the bike for a month with standard components (plus pedals and garmin mount)

The drive train: 105 is doing the job just fine and given that this bike is going to be bang around it would make no sense for me to spend money on di2 as I initially thought. I am going to add the new Ultegra RDX so I get better tension on the chain on bumby trails but that it is about it.

The handlebar: it feels ok and it saves your hands some pain absorbing the the small bumps on the roads but I am not sure how I feel about the flare shape - it feels weird to me.

The seatpost: it has a GAZILLION of compliance and it feels awesome when you ride on trails but if you ride on the road it feels AWFUL (assuming you are using trail tires) - I need to try this road riding with another wheelset and 25-28mm tires.

The saddle: I was pretty impress with the saddle but that changed quickly when I rode 10 miles on roads... holy jesus christ, worst saddle ever lol but I would be riding trails most of the time so the saddle it is "ok" for now but def ordering a power saddle when I start adding time to my rides.

The wheelset/tires: they do the job but they are VERY heavy combination - I am waiting for a new wheelset and I want to try the vittoria dry/wet tires as the review seem pretty good and I dig the new tech with the G formula.

The cassette/crank: I can climb walls with current configurations but I am changing it for ultegra crankset 50/34 and DA Cassette 11/30 as it is lighter and provide more "top" speed for flat trails/small road sections.

Overall: I would def buy the bike again in his current configuration as it still feels like a bargain to me at least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-whatsapp-image-2019-10-27-1.12.03-pm.jpg  

Last edited by LuisDF; 10-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.

mtbr member
    Giant Revolt Advanced-d614c6c7-9027-4120-87ac-97a69bc78812.jpgLoving it more and more
    Roadie DNA,mtbike curious.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

35 slicks

I swapped out the stock CrossCut 1 tires for slick Graveling + 35s

The CrossCut 1 tires weighed in at 475 grams which is lighter than I thought they would be.

I was surprised that the carbon wheel set weighs 1800 grams.

Giant Revolt Advanced-img_5640-1-.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Giant Anthem Advanced Pro 29 0
    Giant Revolt Advanced 0
    Borealis Echo

mtbr member
    ^ 1800g without rotors and axles? Giant claims a lot less...

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I ordered a Giant Revolt Advanced 0 and swapped out the Giant wheels for a set of Roval Terra CLX wheels with Compass Barlow tires. Should be here in a couple of days. Since this thread gave me some good info on this bike I will share my experiences and some pics here soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by plussa View Post
    ^ 1800g without rotors and axles? Giant claims a lot less...
    I was about to ask the same question - that is A LOT if that is just the wheels without rotors

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by plussa View Post
    I've developed a bit of a click/creak that has persisted since just after I got the bike. I've checked just about everything on the bike with no improvement, so I am assuming it is the bottom bracket.

Can I still use my Praxis cranks with the Wheel Mfg. BB, or do I have to switch to a Shimano one? I am probably going to switch to a GRX crankset at some point, but was hoping to get more use out of the Praxis one first.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

100 mile update

Had the Revolt 0 for about 2 weeks, 4 rides on the bike with around 100 miles so far

Love the bike, this is my first non-mtb and I still can't believe how fast it is compared to even a XC hardtail. 20mph on pavement almost effortless, seriously can't go slower that 17mph on pavement. On my mtb 17mph is pretty hard to sustain. But I'm sure you gravel guys know this already lol.

Surprisingly capable on the trails - there is about a 6 minute segment on my local trails that is relatively smooth with some roots, rocks and gravel. I've been stuck at #10 on this segment on strava for 6 months, tried it on the Giant Revolt, not expecting much and knocked 30 seconds off my time, KOM now very possible . Bike feels very composed and compliant over roots and small rocks, not harsh at all like I was expecting.

Only negative that kind of bugs me is the hub, my other bikes are Chris King hubs and I dislike the "bang" with the Giant hub when starting to pedal with power. With CK I'm just used to instant engagement and no hammering when putting the power back on.

Now need to try to get this power meter on! Hoping it goes on easy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-75199860_3412297708782233_6801335714014298112_o.jpg  

At Work
    What Air Pressure is everybody running when riding Gravel? I am still running the Cross Cut tires, Seen no reason to change.
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    What Air Pressure is everybody running when riding Gravel? I am still running the Cross Cut tires, Seen no reason to change.
    I switched mine over over to 42c WTB Resolutes. I run my pressures in the 30s with the back a few more psi than the front.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Can I still use my Praxis cranks with the Wheel Mfg. BB, or do I have to switch to a Shimano one?
    There are separate Wheels Mfg. BB's for Shimano and Praxis, and you probably only want to go through the removal and installation process once. So I would suggest you to make the switch to Shimano right away. My Wheels BB has been completely quiet for 2000 km's now, and I have been happy with my Ultegra 36/46 cranks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Great thread, got loads of inputs from here.

My build in size L weighs in at 8.4 kg with cages & pedals.

Very much satisfied with the ride (although this is the only gravel bike that I have ridden so far).

Giant Revolt Advanced-img_20191110_131433.jpg

President of the Internet
    I realize this bike has an odd shaped seatpost. Is there any way (spacer or something) to fit a dropper post? Would be the perfect gravel bike if so.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    40 tops

175lbs +/-

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    I realize this bike has an odd shaped seatpost. Is there any way (spacer or something) to fit a dropper post? Would be the perfect gravel bike if so.
    Gonna say "Nope".......... It is part of the design that makes this a very comfortable ride, it allows it to have strength and yet flex some to add dampening. I have yet to see why you would need a dropper post on a gravel bike. Hell, My hardtail does not have one, I went 6 months on my full suspension without a dropper. Actually went from 1991 until 2015 before I ever had one........ but going off topic here.
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Anyone out a power meter in a revolt yet? I am not sure what all will fit. I want to be ready if there is a descent Black Friday sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    I'm in the process of removing the Conduct Brake system and replacing this with Hydraulic shifters. I realize now that I need a stem faceplate once the Conduct Brake system is removed. Anyone else experience this, and if so, what did you get and where?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermdawg View Post
    I'm in the process of removing the Conduct Brake system and replacing this with Hydraulic shifters. I realize now that I need a stem faceplate once the Conduct Brake system is removed. Anyone else experience this, and if so, what did you get and where?
    I believe this guy did the same thing in his series he did on his revolt 2.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyU...8TqWa2ntHGRHsw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Warning for the guys considering a GRX crankset, if you are using a 2x setup the crankset has a chainline that is 2.5mmm outboard of the Ultegra crank. You have to use a GRX front derailleur.

mtbr member
    I tried a Revolt Advanced 0 yesterday at my LBS. Pretty impressed with how it felt size wise.

My question is and maybe your kind people can chime in.....sizing. I am on the bubble. 5'7"ish, I rode the medium and that felt good, real good. They did not have a small. Does anyone have words of advice?
    Thanks.

At Work
    I think you answered your own question!!!!!!!
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenfallover View Post
    I tried a Revolt Advanced 0 yesterday at my LBS. Pretty impressed with how it felt size wise.

My question is and maybe your kind people can chime in.....sizing. I am on the bubble. 5'7"ish, I rode the medium and that felt good, real good. They did not have a small. Does anyone have words of advice?
    Thanks.
    Agree with above buy the bike.

I am same height but longer torso than legs and in general if between sizes size up. Before the revolt I rode a CX bike with much shorter ETT but used longer stem and wider deeper bars. I thought after test ride worse case I would need to shorten stem by 10mm but the shallower drops and and slight back sweep of the Revolt was not necessary for me. If have longer legs shorter torso might be an option though.

Giant Revolt Advanced-g-r-smaller.jpg
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Question about rear racks for my 2019 Advanced 0. Do any other brands work or is the Smart Mount system proprietary and I'm stuck with the Giant Metro line?

Same goes with fenders. I use mine mostly for commuting.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermdawg View Post
    Hello, I did two weeks ago what you want to do. When the dealer delivered my bike, it came with a plastic bag with many accesories inside, among them was the stem faceplate. Ask your dealer about it. Cheers.

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime vd View Post
    Hello, I did two weeks ago what you want to do. When the dealer delivered my bike, it came with a plastic bag with many accesories inside, among them was the stem faceplate. Ask your dealer about it. Cheers.
    Yup, Every stem is supplied with the front cap, they do not know which stem will be used with the Conduct Brake System.
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1