Giant Revolt Advanced - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 601 to 702 of 702
  1. #601
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,907
    Sorry to hear about the tires. I have about 1000 miles on my Maxxis refuse 700x32s and no problems riding road and gravel here. I wondered how different your tires are to mine. I want to go to 40c and I canít decide what tires to get. I might stick with the refuse.

  2. #602
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    Finally I can post :P

    I got my 2020 Revolt 2 and my first though was to change the 105 for di2 but after a few weeks riding it man the shifting has been GREAT so instead I am just going to get a set of light wheels.

    Any light budget friendly wheelset? 1400-1600g?

    Crankset is the next to go as I want something lighter like DA 50/34 or Ultegra 50/34

  3. #603
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisDF View Post
    Finally I can post :P

    I got my 2020 Revolt 2 and my first though was to change the 105 for di2 but after a few weeks riding it man the shifting has been GREAT so instead I am just going to get a set of light wheels.

    Any light budget friendly wheelset? 1400-1600g?

    Crankset is the next to go as I want something lighter like DA 50/34 or Ultegra 50/34
    I couldnít agree with you more on the shifting, the new 105ís and Ultegraís are flat out amazing and Di2 isnít the must have it was a few years ago.
    Mason x Hunt in 650b are the popular choice at 1594g. I paid $379 for mine and they just dropped to $359. Excellent set of wheels for the money and theyíll be at your doorstep in less than a week. These will be my winter wheels and the factory 700c carbon wheels are my spring and summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-4f0a4294-a471-4f76-9cf3-b58fa3796f30.jpg  

    Last edited by kdoug; 10-18-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230
    Focus Cayo Team Jelly Belly

  4. #604
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    Makes no sense why they changed, the Revolt 1 & 2 still show coming with the Cross Cut's.........
    I would order the Cross Cuts, or see if they will swap out. They work really well on road and gravel. I did end up picking up another stock set of wheels and throwing on some WTB Slicks for just road rides.
    How does the Revolt with slicks compare with a more ďstandardĒ road bike? In other words, does it feel sluggish at all on group rides that are 100% road?

    Iím debating back and forth between a Revolt or a Defy and am curious which one might be best for my needs (BWR type of ride) where itíd be mostly road with a decent amount of dirt ( say 70% road vs 30% fire roads).

  5. #605
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by LargoPQ View Post
    How does the Revolt with slicks compare with a more ďstandardĒ road bike? In other words, does it feel sluggish at all on group rides that are 100% road?

    Iím debating back and forth between a Revolt or a Defy and am curious which one might be best for my needs (BWR type of ride) where itíd be mostly road with a decent amount of dirt ( say 70% road vs 30% fire roads).
    Iíve had another flat today and while waiting for the sealant to do its job iíve pumped both tires with my co2 cartridge to get back to the car ASAP totally pissed off . The bike performs well on tarmac,the only issue imho is gearing,everything except the smallest cog is way to spinney. Perfect for climbs and gravel but a bit too agile for proper road riding. I love chunky tires on roads,cracks and potholes are not an issue anymore.
    Roadie DNA,mtbike curious.

  6. #606
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,907
    With 32s I donít think it handles any different then a normal road bike. the stock gearing is a bit low so I do spin out faster then I would on a road bike with standard gearing. But in my area I have short climbs and short downhills so itís not that much of a problem. I will probably put the stock tires on for the winter and see how that changes things. But if your looking at the Defy then I would just go with the Revolt and change the chainrings to standard compact. You canít beat the versatility of the Revolt with a second set of wheels with a bigger tire for exploring places you canít or shouldnít go with a regular road tire.

  7. #607
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    50/34 on the front and slicks should do the trick - not the fastest road bike but it would do ok for group road riding.

  8. #608
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by LargoPQ View Post
    How does the Revolt with slicks compare with a more ďstandardĒ road bike? In other words, does it feel sluggish at all on group rides that are 100% road?

    Iím debating back and forth between a Revolt or a Defy and am curious which one might be best for my needs (BWR type of ride) where itíd be mostly road with a decent amount of dirt ( say 70% road vs 30% fire roads).
    Another vote for the Revolt with a second set of wheels with road tires. I find my Revolt more agile than my road bike and performs pretty much just as well. Depends on your terrain if you want to switch the 48/32 to a 50/34. I spin out occasionally when on the roads but that doesn't outweigh the number of times I really NEED that 32 front 34 rear combination on gravel climbs.

    Should perform just fine with road tires for group rides. The only time I was really wishing I had a 50 (or 52) on a group ride is when I got a bit lackadaisical on a faster group ride and let myself slip out of the draft and then had to catch back up. If you want to do a lot of road races, go with the Defy, otherwise I'd go for the Revolt.

  9. #609
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by jburm View Post
    Really easy to loosen the tension on shimano clutch mechs. Generally you'll have a grindy feeling if your b screw isnt set right, chain is too short, or you've got too much tension on your clutch. Reducing the tension on my clutch resolved that issue on my mtb.
    Thanks, I'll try toying with it a bit more. I've lightened the clutch some and it is a little better, but not completely resolved.

  10. #610
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by kdoug View Post
    I couldnít agree with you more on the shifting, the new 105ís and Ultegraís are flat out amazing and Di2 isnít the must have it was a few years ago.
    Fully agree on the mech shifting. I was planning to ďupgradeĒ to Di2, but after using mechanical Ultegra I have no desire to change. It feels great and shifts very reliably.

  11. #611
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by LargoPQ View Post
    Iím debating back and forth between a Revolt or a Defy and am curious which one might be best for my needs (BWR type of ride) where itíd be mostly road with a decent amount of dirt ( say 70% road vs 30% fire roads).
    I had a Defy when I purchased my Revolt. Ended up selling the Defy because I find the Revolt is great on gravel and paved roads. Multiple wheelsets on the Revolt make it extremely versatile with quick change-over.

  12. #612
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    Fully agree on the mech shifting. I was planning to ďupgradeĒ to Di2, but after using mechanical Ultegra I have no desire to change. It feels great and shifts very reliably.
    FD is FLAWLESS... doesn't take much to change from small to big.

    I don't like the cables on the front but I like 1k plus in my account more lol

  13. #613
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    I had a Defy when I purchased my Revolt. Ended up selling the Defy because I find the Revolt is great on gravel and paved roads. Multiple wheelsets on the Revolt make it extremely versatile with quick change-over.
    Interesting. Did you ever put bigger tires on the Defy and try riding it off road?

  14. #614
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by LargoPQ View Post
    Interesting. Did you ever put bigger tires on the Defy and try riding it off road?
    I ran 28mm Conti 4000ís which stretch a few mmís larger. You could put something a bit larger on the front, but if memory serves there wasnít room for a larger tire in the back.

  15. #615
    Jux
    Jux is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    4
    Hi everyone! Iím looking to get some quick feedback on a what seems to be a solid deal on a 2020 giant revolt advanced 2 NEW from a local bike shop. I see the sticker price is $2,450 on the giant website....so I went in and offered $2,000 cash out the door and they agreed (I was referred to this shop by a friend who is also a friend of the owners) is this as SWEET of a deal as Iím thinking??

    Thanks ahead of time anyone thatís willing to provide feedback!! 💚

  16. #616
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jux View Post
    Hi everyone! Iím looking to get some quick feedback on a what seems to be a solid deal on a 2020 giant revolt advanced 2 NEW from a local bike shop. I see the sticker price is $2,450 on the giant website....so I went in and offered $2,000 cash out the door and they agreed (I was referred to this shop by a friend who is also a friend of the owners) is this as SWEET of a deal as Iím thinking??

    Thanks ahead of time anyone thatís willing to provide feedback!! 💚
    If you're happy with the bike and its affordable than buy it. I purchased my 2020 ADV 0 for retail price and thought I was getting a great deal for the features/value. If your plan is to purchase the bike and ride it once and a while then hang it from the rafters then you paid for too much bike. My second choice before I made my purchase was a Topstone RX Ultegra which is $4,200. My Revolt 0 like the Canny has a carbon wheelset and Ultegra components for almost $600 less.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230
    Focus Cayo Team Jelly Belly

  17. #617
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    I paid retail for my Revolt 2 as well and I though it was a pretty good deal - 10% off on accessories.

    2k? dude that is a STEAL!

    you won't regret it

  18. #618
    Jux
    Jux is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by kdoug View Post
    If you're happy with the bike and its affordable than buy it. I purchased my 2020 ADV 0 for retail price and thought I was getting a great deal for the features/value. If your plan is to purchase the bike and ride it once and a while then hang it from the rafters then you paid for too much bike. My second choice before I made my purchase was a Topstone RX Ultegra which is $4,200. My Revolt 0 like the Canny has a carbon wheelset and Ultegra components for almost $600 less.
    Definitely looking to put some miles on the bad boy.....was just hoping to get a general idea on how pricing usually is when you plan to pay in full and not finance 😄👍🏼👍🏼

  19. #619
    Jux
    Jux is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisDF View Post
    I paid retail for my Revolt 2 as well and I though it was a pretty good deal - 10% off on accessories.

    2k? dude that is a STEAL!

    you won't regret it

    Thanks for the feedback! The shop placed the order for me this afternoon, should be put assembled and ready for pick up tomorrow 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 SUPER excited!!

  20. #620
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jux View Post
    Definitely looking to put some miles on the bad boy.....was just hoping to get a general idea on how pricing usually is when you plan to pay in full and not finance 
    You got a good deal on the Revolt 2 but I'd say you're the exception since most Giant dealers as well as Trek and Specialized don't discount current models regardless of payment.
    Last edited by kdoug; 10-14-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230
    Focus Cayo Team Jelly Belly

  21. #621
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20
    When switching between wheelsets I've learned you have to be extremely careful not to tear up the inside of the frame with the brake disc. I've already gouged mine either installing or removing the rear wheel. It's mostly in the clear coat so now I've installed clear racers tape to protect that area.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230
    Focus Cayo Team Jelly Belly

  22. #622
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by kdoug View Post
    When switching between wheelsets I've learned you have to be extremely careful not to tear up the inside of the frame with the brake disc. I've already gouged mine either installing or removing the rear wheel. It's mostly in the clear coat so now I've installed clear racers tape to protect that area.
    Pro tip - shift into your highest gear (smallest rear cog) prior to removing your wheel. When uninstalling and installing your wheel it should slide into/out of the drop outs with the derailleur pushing it to the disc brake side.

  23. #623
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by jburm View Post
    Pro tip - shift into your highest gear (smallest rear cog) prior to removing your wheel. When uninstalling and installing your wheel it should slide into/out of the drop outs with the derailleur pushing it to the disc brake side.
    That's a great tip and one that I've been using. For some reason it's still a giant PITA. It also seems somewhat easier if I put the front in the smaller gear. I wish Shimano had a locking mechanism on the rear derailleur like my SRAM. I just need to be patient and careful I guess.
    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230
    Focus Cayo Team Jelly Belly

  24. #624
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    31
    I ordered a 2020 advanced 0 a few days ago and plan on putting a 4iiii crank power meter on it. I want to get the power meter ordered asap (getting the entire aluminum praxis with power pre-installed as it is cheaper than getting the power meter put on the carbon crank).

    Can someone help me out and let me know if there is enough clearance between the crank and chain stay or does anyone have a 4iiii on their Giant advanced? A aaa battery needs to fit between the left crank and chainstay to check the clearance.

  25. #625
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    I think so - I can fit my finger between the chain stay and the crank arm

  26. #626
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1
    Nobster, could you tell me exactly which model rack you put on the rear? I need one for an upcoming trip and canít figure out which one I need to mount to my Revolt. Iíve tried contacting Giant and havenít heard back from them. Thanks.

  27. #627
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    123
    I'm a complete newb when it comes to working on bikes and I just bought a Revolt 0 and would like to replace the Praxis crankset with a Shimano GRX Crankset. Can someone give me a list of parts I need to get (other than the crankset)? Do I need a new BB? Or anything else it might need.
    Thanks...

  28. #628
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by silves1171 View Post
    I'm a complete newb when it comes to working on bikes and I just bought a Revolt 0 and would like to replace the Praxis crankset with a Shimano GRX Crankset. Can someone give me a list of parts I need to get (other than the crankset)? Do I need a new BB? Or anything else it might need.
    Thanks...
    I think you'll need a new bottom bracket, but I don't know for sure. If that is the case, probably best to order through a bike shop and have them install, as that would take specialized tools.

    If you are running a 1x you'll need a new rear derailleur (and likely a new cassette with wider gearing), if you are running the 2x you'll need a new front derailleur due to the different chainline.

  29. #629
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    28
    Question for you all, does anyone know of a way to install Di2 on a Revolt, more specifically the DFuse seat post? I have a 2020 Advanced Pro that I would like to put GRX Di2 on but I have read that it can be difficult because there is no hole in the seat tube for the eTube wire. I don't pretend to be an expert on this so any advice is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you

  30. #630
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    I am not an expert either but I doubt that the seat tube is a big solid piece with no space to pass a cable.

    remove the seat post and with a flashlight take a look what is down there.

  31. #631
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2
    Go on YOUTUBE and search vids from "Bike Guy Consulting", he actually installed a Ultegra Di2 on a 2019 Revolt Advanced.

  32. #632
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    31

    Very happy after 1st ride

    Bike arrived after 2 business days, bike shop assembled same day. Very happy with the purchase experience. Advanced 0

    Color in person is amazing, pictures do not do it justice, it is more gray than it is turquoise. I was unsure about the color when ordering, didn't really like the website images but was more focused on the components and could get past the color. Jaw dropped when I saw it in person, 100% happy with color.

    This is my first bike with drop bars and first non-mtb bike. I am shocked by how much faster this is on pavement that a hardrail XC MTB. mtb takes decent effort to go 20mph on pavement, On this I was effortlessly cruising at 21mph on my first quick ride tonight.

    Very happy so far. Now need to decide between 4iii or assioma power meter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-20191023_212202.jpg  


  33. #633
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbog View Post
    Bike arrived after 2 business days, bike shop assembled same day. Very happy with the purchase experience. Advanced 0

    Color in person is amazing, pictures do not do it justice, it is more gray than it is turquoise. I was unsure about the color when ordering, didn't really like the website images but was more focused on the components and could get past the color. Jaw dropped when I saw it in person, 100% happy with color.

    This is my first bike with drop bars and first non-mtb bike. I am shocked by how much faster this is on pavement that a hardrail XC MTB. mtb takes decent effort to go 20mph on pavement, On this I was effortlessly cruising at 21mph on my first quick ride tonight.

    Very happy so far. Now need to decide between 4iii or assioma power meter.
    I agree, love mine also. I see they mounted your stem correctly, mine was +up and looked hideous. Those black rubber plugs on the fork fall out easily. Throw some clear racers tape patches over both and call it a day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-2353f12b-3143-49de-b2d7-7da2e86bbb75.jpg  

    2020 Giant Revolt 0
    Advocate Hayduke
    Lynskey R230
    Focus Cayo Team Jelly Belly

  34. #634
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbog View Post
    B

    Very happy so far. Now need to decide between 4iii or assioma power meter.
    I think 4iiii is the only power meter option is you want to stick with the Praxis cranks. The Assiomas are great, I have them on my roadbike, but would get super beat up on gravel. The cleats aren't the best to walk on either, even on tarmac. SRM are releasing a mountain bike pedal power meter soon, interested to see how it is.

    I'm really digging the color too, and get a lot of compliments on it.

  35. #635
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think 4iiii is the only power meter option is you want to stick with the Praxis cranks. The Assiomas are great, I have them on my roadbike, but would get super beat up on gravel. The cleats aren't the best to walk on either, even on tarmac. SRM are releasing a mountain bike pedal power meter soon, interested to see how it is.

    I'm really digging the color too, and get a lot of compliments on it.
    I'm leaning towards the 4iiii, it is the only option for these cranks. Problem with the pedal power for me is I only ride flats, will possibly try a mtb cleat on this bike but going from flats to 0-3 degree cleats with the assiomas might be too much of a change and I do plan on riding this on some light trails.

  36. #636
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13

    ... and if we just ...

    My summary after riding the bike for a month with standard components (plus pedals and garmin mount)

    The drive train: 105 is doing the job just fine and given that this bike is going to be bang around it would make no sense for me to spend money on di2 as I initially thought. I am going to add the new Ultegra RDX so I get better tension on the chain on bumby trails but that it is about it.

    The handlebar: it feels ok and it saves your hands some pain absorbing the the small bumps on the roads but I am not sure how I feel about the flare shape - it feels weird to me.

    The seatpost: it has a GAZILLION of compliance and it feels awesome when you ride on trails but if you ride on the road it feels AWFUL (assuming you are using trail tires) - I need to try this road riding with another wheelset and 25-28mm tires.

    The saddle: I was pretty impress with the saddle but that changed quickly when I rode 10 miles on roads... holy jesus christ, worst saddle ever lol but I would be riding trails most of the time so the saddle it is "ok" for now but def ordering a power saddle when I start adding time to my rides.

    The wheelset/tires: they do the job but they are VERY heavy combination - I am waiting for a new wheelset and I want to try the vittoria dry/wet tires as the review seem pretty good and I dig the new tech with the G formula.

    The cassette/crank: I can climb walls with current configurations but I am changing it for ultegra crankset 50/34 and DA Cassette 11/30 as it is lighter and provide more "top" speed for flat trails/small road sections.

    Overall: I would def buy the bike again in his current configuration as it still feels like a bargain to me at least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-whatsapp-image-2019-10-27-1.12.03-pm.jpg  

    Last edited by LuisDF; 10-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.

  37. #637
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,137
    Giant Revolt Advanced-d614c6c7-9027-4120-87ac-97a69bc78812.jpgLoving it more and more
    Roadie DNA,mtbike curious.

  38. #638
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17

    35 slicks

    I swapped out the stock CrossCut 1 tires for slick Graveling + 35s

    The CrossCut 1 tires weighed in at 475 grams which is lighter than I thought they would be.

    I was surprised that the carbon wheel set weighs 1800 grams.

    Giant Revolt Advanced-img_5640-1-.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Giant Anthem Advanced Pro 29 0
    Giant Revolt Advanced 0
    Borealis Echo

  39. #639
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plussa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    311
    ^ 1800g without rotors and axles? Giant claims a lot less...

  40. #640
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    17
    I ordered a Giant Revolt Advanced 0 and swapped out the Giant wheels for a set of Roval Terra CLX wheels with Compass Barlow tires. Should be here in a couple of days. Since this thread gave me some good info on this bike I will share my experiences and some pics here soon.

  41. #641
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by plussa View Post
    ^ 1800g without rotors and axles? Giant claims a lot less...
    I was about to ask the same question - that is A LOT if that is just the wheels without rotors

  42. #642
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by plussa View Post
    I've developed a bit of a click/creak that has persisted since just after I got the bike. I've checked just about everything on the bike with no improvement, so I am assuming it is the bottom bracket.

    Can I still use my Praxis cranks with the Wheel Mfg. BB, or do I have to switch to a Shimano one? I am probably going to switch to a GRX crankset at some point, but was hoping to get more use out of the Praxis one first.

  43. #643
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    31

    100 mile update

    Had the Revolt 0 for about 2 weeks, 4 rides on the bike with around 100 miles so far

    Love the bike, this is my first non-mtb and I still can't believe how fast it is compared to even a XC hardtail. 20mph on pavement almost effortless, seriously can't go slower that 17mph on pavement. On my mtb 17mph is pretty hard to sustain. But I'm sure you gravel guys know this already lol.

    Surprisingly capable on the trails - there is about a 6 minute segment on my local trails that is relatively smooth with some roots, rocks and gravel. I've been stuck at #10 on this segment on strava for 6 months, tried it on the Giant Revolt, not expecting much and knocked 30 seconds off my time, KOM now very possible . Bike feels very composed and compliant over roots and small rocks, not harsh at all like I was expecting.

    Only negative that kind of bugs me is the hub, my other bikes are Chris King hubs and I dislike the "bang" with the Giant hub when starting to pedal with power. With CK I'm just used to instant engagement and no hammering when putting the power back on.

    Now need to try to get this power meter on! Hoping it goes on easy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-75199860_3412297708782233_6801335714014298112_o.jpg  


  44. #644
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,736
    What Air Pressure is everybody running when riding Gravel? I am still running the Cross Cut tires, Seen no reason to change.
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

  45. #645
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    What Air Pressure is everybody running when riding Gravel? I am still running the Cross Cut tires, Seen no reason to change.
    I switched mine over over to 42c WTB Resolutes. I run my pressures in the 30s with the back a few more psi than the front.

  46. #646
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plussa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Can I still use my Praxis cranks with the Wheel Mfg. BB, or do I have to switch to a Shimano one?
    There are separate Wheels Mfg. BB's for Shimano and Praxis, and you probably only want to go through the removal and installation process once. So I would suggest you to make the switch to Shimano right away. My Wheels BB has been completely quiet for 2000 km's now, and I have been happy with my Ultegra 36/46 cranks.

  47. #647
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2
    Great thread, got loads of inputs from here.

    My build in size L weighs in at 8.4 kg with cages & pedals.

    Very much satisfied with the ride (although this is the only gravel bike that I have ridden so far).

    Giant Revolt Advanced-img_20191110_131433.jpg

  48. #648
    President of the Internet
    Reputation: Widgeontrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    819
    I realize this bike has an odd shaped seatpost. Is there any way (spacer or something) to fit a dropper post? Would be the perfect gravel bike if so.

  49. #649
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    What Air Pressure is everybody running when riding Gravel? I am still running the Cross Cut tires, Seen no reason to change.
    40 tops

    175lbs +/-

  50. #650
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    I realize this bike has an odd shaped seatpost. Is there any way (spacer or something) to fit a dropper post? Would be the perfect gravel bike if so.
    Gonna say "Nope".......... It is part of the design that makes this a very comfortable ride, it allows it to have strength and yet flex some to add dampening. I have yet to see why you would need a dropper post on a gravel bike. Hell, My hardtail does not have one, I went 6 months on my full suspension without a dropper. Actually went from 1991 until 2015 before I ever had one........ but going off topic here.
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

  51. #651
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8
    Anyone out a power meter in a revolt yet? I am not sure what all will fit. I want to be ready if there is a descent Black Friday sale.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  52. #652
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5
    I'm in the process of removing the Conduct Brake system and replacing this with Hydraulic shifters. I realize now that I need a stem faceplate once the Conduct Brake system is removed. Anyone else experience this, and if so, what did you get and where?

  53. #653
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermdawg View Post
    I'm in the process of removing the Conduct Brake system and replacing this with Hydraulic shifters. I realize now that I need a stem faceplate once the Conduct Brake system is removed. Anyone else experience this, and if so, what did you get and where?
    I believe this guy did the same thing in his series he did on his revolt 2.


    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyU...8TqWa2ntHGRHsw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  54. #654
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    38
    Warning for the guys considering a GRX crankset, if you are using a 2x setup the crankset has a chainline that is 2.5mmm outboard of the Ultegra crank. You have to use a GRX front derailleur.

  55. #655
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevenfallover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    128
    I tried a Revolt Advanced 0 yesterday at my LBS. Pretty impressed with how it felt size wise.

    My question is and maybe your kind people can chime in.....sizing. I am on the bubble. 5'7"ish, I rode the medium and that felt good, real good. They did not have a small. Does anyone have words of advice?
    Thanks.

  56. #656
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,736
    I think you answered your own question!!!!!!!
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

  57. #657
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenfallover View Post
    I tried a Revolt Advanced 0 yesterday at my LBS. Pretty impressed with how it felt size wise.

    My question is and maybe your kind people can chime in.....sizing. I am on the bubble. 5'7"ish, I rode the medium and that felt good, real good. They did not have a small. Does anyone have words of advice?
    Thanks.
    Agree with above buy the bike.

    I am same height but longer torso than legs and in general if between sizes size up. Before the revolt I rode a CX bike with much shorter ETT but used longer stem and wider deeper bars. I thought after test ride worse case I would need to shorten stem by 10mm but the shallower drops and and slight back sweep of the Revolt was not necessary for me. If have longer legs shorter torso might be an option though.

    Giant Revolt Advanced-g-r-smaller.jpg
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

  58. #658
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yetilicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Question about rear racks for my 2019 Advanced 0. Do any other brands work or is the Smart Mount system proprietary and I'm stuck with the Giant Metro line?

    Same goes with fenders. I use mine mostly for commuting.

  59. #659
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermdawg View Post
    I'm in the process of removing the Conduct Brake system and replacing this with Hydraulic shifters. I realize now that I need a stem faceplate once the Conduct Brake system is removed. Anyone else experience this, and if so, what did you get and where?
    Hello, I did two weeks ago what you want to do. When the dealer delivered my bike, it came with a plastic bag with many accesories inside, among them was the stem faceplate. Ask your dealer about it. Cheers.

  60. #660
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime vd View Post
    Hello, I did two weeks ago what you want to do. When the dealer delivered my bike, it came with a plastic bag with many accesories inside, among them was the stem faceplate. Ask your dealer about it. Cheers.
    Yup, Every stem is supplied with the front cap, they do not know which stem will be used with the Conduct Brake System.
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

  61. #661
    powered by peanut butter.
    Reputation: heartland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    850
    Giant Revolt Advanced-revolt.jpg

    I just picked up a 2019 Advanced 2, and I'm pretty stoked on everything but the weird stem-mounted cable to hydraulic brake converter thingy.

    Giant Revolt Advanced-stem-jivvve.jpg

    For those who've upgraded to full hydro systems, how was the conversion process? Any issues negotiating the internal routing, or was it a pretty straightforward job?
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

  62. #662
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    26

    2020 Revolt Advanced

    Giant Revolt Advanced-2020-revolt-advanced.jpg

  63. #663
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3
    Hello,
    I just went with the Giant dealer that is close to my home and asked him to remove the Conduct system and install Shimano GRX. Sorry for not helping more. Good luck with the upgrade.

    Giant Revolt Advanced-20191124_161408.jpgGiant Revolt Advanced-20191215_071701.jpg

  64. #664
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime vd View Post
    Hello,
    I just went with the Giant dealer that is close to my home and asked him to remove the Conduct system and install Shimano GRX. Sorry for not helping more. Good luck with the upgrade.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191124_161408.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	1299051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191215_071701.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	1299053
    What was the cost of the GRX upgrade? Been thinking of doing the same.
    2020 Ibis Ripley (Incoming)

    2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 2

  65. #665
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    What Air Pressure is everybody running when riding Gravel? I am still running the Cross Cut tires, Seen no reason to change.
    I've gone as low as 28psi up front, 35psi in the rear on the 40mm Crosscuts and had no issues. I'm 185lbs. The stock Crosscuts are pretty good tires imo, never had an issue with them.

    Decided to try something different tho and put a set of 43mm GravelKing SK+ on, sooooooo slow, omg. Maybe it's the extra puncture layer the Plus has over the regular SK (which a lot of people seem to love), but this is a really slow tire compared to the Crosscuts.

    So I'm gonna try out the new Conti Terra Speed, similar tread pattern to the Crosscuts, fairly lightweight, and the lowest rr for a treaded gravel tire that I've found. I'll be doing some fast gravel in VA next week and I'll let you guys know how they do.

  66. #666
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3
    It all the depends which model of shifters and calipers you want to install. As you may know, GRX offers two series; 800s and 600s (cheapest). In my case, I installed shifters 600s and calipers 800s. I also changed the rear derailleur (810). I kept the 105 front derailleur. Here you have the direct link of JensonUSA for GRX. https://www.jensonusa.com/GRX

  67. #667
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime vd View Post
    It all the depends which model of shifters and calipers you want to install. As you may know, GRX offers two series; 800s and 600s (cheapest). In my case, I installed shifters 600s and calipers 800s. I also changed the rear derailleur (810). I kept the 105 front derailleur. Here you have the direct link of JensonUSA for GRX. https://www.jensonusa.com/GRX
    I was going to go GRX 600 shifter/brake only. just wondering on install cost.
    2020 Ibis Ripley (Incoming)

    2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 2

  68. #668
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by rides4beer View Post
    I've gone as low as 28psi up front, 35psi in the rear on the 40mm Crosscuts and had no issues. I'm 185lbs. The stock Crosscuts are pretty good tires imo, never had an issue with them.

    Decided to try something different tho and put a set of 43mm GravelKing SK+ on, sooooooo slow, omg. Maybe it's the extra puncture layer the Plus has over the regular SK (which a lot of people seem to love), but this is a really slow tire compared to the Crosscuts.

    So I'm gonna try out the new Conti Terra Speed, similar tread pattern to the Crosscuts, fairly lightweight, and the lowest rr for a treaded gravel tire that I've found. I'll be doing some fast gravel in VA next week and I'll let you guys know how they do.
    The CrossCuts are 38, of course a 43mm will be slower.

    I have a set of 38 GK (reg not the +) that I am installing in a week or so - I will let u know how it feels.

  69. #669
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisDF View Post
    The CrossCuts are 38, of course a 43mm will be slower.

    I have a set of 38 GK (reg not the +) that I am installing in a week or so - I will let u know how it feels.
    The 2019 Crosscuts were labeled 40mm and measured at 40. The SK+ measured at 42mm on 19c rims. Hopefully the regular SKs are better, a lot of people seem to like them, the Plus might be bulletproof, but the rr is too high for me. Also, regardless of rr, the small block tread pattern throws every little piece of dirt and sand, so I'll stick with a more open tread pattern.

    Have a couple of rides on the 40mm Terra Speeds now, mostly road, but I really like them so far. They're measuring at 38.5mm right now on 19c rims, I'll check them again in a couple of weeks. On the road and some light gravel, they are very fast.

    Giant Revolt Advanced-img_2472.jpg
    Giant Revolt Advanced-img_2473.jpg

  70. #670
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    293
    My Revolt with Enve 5.6 Disk road wheels and 32mm Conti 5000 TL tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-revoltenve.jpg  


  71. #671
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2
    I've got a brand new 2020 Revolt Advanced 2 size large in blue that I need to sell. The details can be found here: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=245720

    Drop me a PM if you're interested

  72. #672
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by ethel View Post
    I've got a brand new 2020 Revolt Advanced 2 size large in blue that I need to sell. The details can be found here: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=245720

    Drop me a PM if you're interested
    Can't see the pics without creating account so a pretty useless link to anyone that doesn't have an account .... just saying.

  73. #673
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Witterings View Post
    Can't see the pics without creating account so a pretty useless link to anyone that doesn't have an account .... just saying.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll attach a pic below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Revolt Advanced-img_20191220_132531623.jpg  


  74. #674
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by 288GTO View Post
    My Revolt with Enve 5.6 Disk road wheels and 32mm Conti 5000 TL tires.
    Very nice!

  75. #675
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    16
    Rank amateur/beginner here. Just test rode a 2019 Revolt Advanced 0, (Ultegra 2x & Carbon wheels) leftover model at clearance price. Love everything but the coal black color. Rode it side by side with a 2020 Revolt Adv. 1 with the 1x Sram Rival (IIRC). Was pretty impressed how much crisper & less clunky the Ultegra one shifted.

    Still thinking, but my gut tells me to quit shopping & get the 2019 bike. Had previously been considering a Kona Libre. Also rode the new Santa Cruz Stigmata, 1x Sram Rival.

  76. #676
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,907
    I got a set of the Giant fenders from my local shop. It took me a while to get them on. Itís not too hard now that I have them on. Only real problems I had putting them on was the bolts holding the front fender. Every time I tried putting them in it would start to cross thread. I had to dig up a bolt out of my collection and run it from the other side and clean the threads for the stock bolts to work. I also had the use a different bolt for the one that goes up in to the fork. The bolt that comes in the kit just wouldnít go in without trying to cross thread. Now that they are on I like them. I will give it a test ride tomorrow and see how it does. But Iím looking forward to not having to clean the bike all the time. Itís been so wet here lately. And when it snows the state puts way to much salt down.

  77. #677
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yetilicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser View Post
    I got a set of the Giant fenders from my local shop.
    Do you still have the name or model of the fenders? I'm looking to get a pair myself.

  78. #678
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by yetilicious View Post
    Do you still have the name or model of the fenders? I'm looking to get a pair myself.
    They are the revolt fenders. The shop had a set on hand.

  79. #679
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    16
    What bottle & cages are those?
    Quote Originally Posted by plussa View Post
    with pedals and bottle cages.


  80. #680
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plussa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    311
    ^ Elite Custom Race cages and Tacx bottle

  81. #681
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    16
    So I got the Revolt Advanced 0 as my 1st gravel bike. Don't think I'm ready to go with a clip in type pedal, but it seems a shame to put a heavy mtb type flat pedal on the bike. Surprisingly mine came with some cheap-o pedals installed, but I want something of better quality.

    Any good recommendations for a light-ish flat pedal?

  82. #682
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,736
    Raceface Chesters are decent........ about $50.00
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

  83. #683
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by biglmbass View Post
    So I got the Revolt Advanced 0 as my 1st gravel bike. Don't think I'm ready to go with a clip in type pedal, but it seems a shame to put a heavy mtb type flat pedal on the bike. Surprisingly mine came with some cheap-o pedals installed, but I want something of better quality.

    Any good recommendations for a light-ish flat pedal?
    Sounds like you want to transition to clipless (aka clip in) at some point, if so just save your self some dollars and make the jump, get pedals like Shimano SPD where release resistance can be turned down and just go to a soft grass field and practice. That bike and its engine deserves proper pedals as you stated.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

  84. #684
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    16
    Somewhere in this long thread I think I recall mention of the tires not holding air for long, maybe even overnight. Last rode mine Sunday & found the rear today nearly flat. Front wasnít flat but did need topping off. This is with the factory carbon rims and the original CrossCut tires, tubeless wí sealant.

    Anyone find a fix for this?

  85. #685
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by biglmbass View Post
    Somewhere in this long thread I think I recall mention of the tires not holding air for long, maybe even overnight. Last rode mine Sunday & found the rear today nearly flat. Front wasnít flat but did need topping off. This is with the factory carbon rims and the original CrossCut tires, tubeless wí sealant.

    Anyone find a fix for this?
    That was me. I never found a fix for the problem. I had to have my back wheel replaced under warranty and they gave me a wheel from a 2019 bike. Iím told itís an upgrade. But that solved the problem. Sorry I couldnít help more.

  86. #686
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,736
    My Crosscuts hold air pretty good, with any tubeless, your gonna need to add some air after several days...........
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

  87. #687
    Human Test Subject
    Reputation: Volsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,258
    My Resolutes have held air for over 2 months without riding it. It could be the rim issue that was described earlier.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

  88. #688
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    My Crosscuts hold air pretty good, with any tubeless, your gonna need to add some air after several days...........
    Maybe, but that hasn't been the case with my mountain bike. (which is the only other example of tubeless tire/wheel that I'm personally familiar with)

  89. #689
    At Work
    Reputation: sxr-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by biglmbass View Post
    Maybe, but that hasn't been the case with my mountain bike. (which is the only other example of tubeless tire/wheel that I'm personally familiar with)
    Both of my Mountain Bikes are tubeless, Good for about a week then may need to add some air. One are Stans Flow rims Maxxis Tires, other is Bontrager with their rim strip with Bonty tires. The Bonty tires hold air better..........
    TREK EX9 27.5

    NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

    GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

  90. #690
    Steering Box Scraper #1
    Reputation: DubStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by plussa View Post
    I replaced the Praxis BB and cranks with Wheels Mfg. anglular contact threaded BB and Ultegra R8000 46/36 cranks.

    Hammering the Praxis BB out was not an easy task, first came off only the bearings, and only with a Park Tool headset cup remover I was able to hammer the cups off. I was surprised to notice there are about 2cm wide aluminum sleeves inside the bb shell on both sides, so the cups are not installed directly into carbon.

    The bb creak and shoe rub against crank arms are now gone and the Praxis BB seems to spin easier than the Praxis did. I also prefer the 46/36 chainring because there is only a 10 tooth difference when shifting. Weight also dropped a bit, now 8,82 kg / 19,44 lb with pedals and bottle cages.

    Thank you for sharing this info. I just picked up the metallic orange version and was hoping I could put my GRX crankset on this bike. I've never really owned a Giant until I picked up a TCX and fell in love. I'm hoping i made the right decision to get one of these for long rides.
    Anthony
    ____________________
    www.steeringboxscrapers.net

  91. #691
    Steering Box Scraper #1
    Reputation: DubStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33
    Someone hinted that the GRX crankset and FD has issues. I'm running Ultegra Di2 on my Checkpoint, that I plan on installing on the Revolt I just bought. I hope there isn't a clearance issue.

    Can any of you give me feedback?
    Anthony
    ____________________
    www.steeringboxscrapers.net

  92. #692
    Human Test Subject
    Reputation: Volsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,258
    My posts about FD issues is in here somewhere. Di2 should be fine, its mechanical that are finicky due to the shaped seat tube.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

  93. #693
    Steering Box Scraper #1
    Reputation: DubStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Volsung View Post
    My posts about FD issues is in here somewhere. Di2 should be fine, its mechanical that are finicky due to the shaped seat tube.
    Thank you for the response Volsung! I was already trying to figure out which 1x system I was going to use. LoL
    Anthony
    ____________________
    www.steeringboxscrapers.net

  94. #694
    Steering Box Scraper #1
    Reputation: DubStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by yetilicious View Post
    Do you still have the name or model of the fenders? I'm looking to get a pair myself.
    If you haven't bought a set, I purchased a lightly used Revolt with fenders. I'm taking them off, so I will let them go for a reasonable price.
    Anthony
    ____________________
    www.steeringboxscrapers.net

  95. #695
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yetilicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by DubStyle View Post
    If you haven't bought a set, I purchased a lightly used Revolt with fenders. I'm taking them off, so I will let them go for a reasonable price.
    Sounds good I'll DM you.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  96. #696
    Human Test Subject
    Reputation: Volsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,258
    I'm in the process of enlightening my Revolt to embiggen my performance. Ordered the SL seatpost. The comp one that came stock is nice and compliant, but maybe the lighter one is too.

    Also on the docket is a headset, axles, compression plug, and maybe some wheels later in the season.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

  97. #697
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yetilicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Volsung View Post
    I'm in the process of enlightening my Revolt to embiggen my performance. Ordered the SL seatpost. The comp one that came stock is nice and compliant, but maybe the lighter one is too.

    Also on the docket is a headset, axles, compression plug, and maybe some wheels later in the season.
    What's a compression plug?

  98. #698
    Human Test Subject
    Reputation: Volsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by yetilicious View Post
    What's a compression plug?
    A little insert into the steerer tube of the carbon fork that let's you clamp a stem down without crushing the fork.

    It's also the stupidest way to save weight, but since Giant spec'd a 175g stem on a $3500 Ultegra bike, I might be removing a ridiculously heavy part.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

  99. #699
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13

    Updates on my revolt

    Improvements on my revolt:

    1. power saddle (original saddle was good in gravel but not so good on paved roads)
    2. RD with clutch for bumpy terrains
    3. Carbon wheels (I bought the original giant carbon a set from a friend for $400 - crazy deal)

    Still loving the bike!

    Next upgrades:
    Lighter cassette (I was thinking SRAM 11-32 - it is wicked light!)
    Crankset Ultegra 50-34 or Quarq GXP 50-34 as well

  100. #700
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    16
    On last nights 15 mile ride (mostly road) I realized I'd not be able to tolerate the factory saddle much longer. I don't know where to start on looking for a new one.

    Do you have prior experience with the one you chose? What size did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuisDF View Post
    Improvements on my revolt:

    1. power saddle (original saddle was good in gravel but not so good on paved roads)

  101. #701
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13
    That is the saddle I have on my road bike so I just got the same one for the gravel bike.

    9/10 of my friends ride power saddle - I am 175 6 feet and I used the 143mm.

  102. #702
    Steering Box Scraper #1
    Reputation: DubStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by biglmbass View Post
    On last nights 15 mile ride (mostly road) I realized I'd not be able to tolerate the factory saddle much longer. I don't know where to start on looking for a new one.

    Do you have prior experience with the one you chose? What size did you get?
    Find a shop that does seat bone measurements. This is the best thing I've done ever! There are so many options, but until you know which width you need, you will be wasting money.
    Anthony
    ____________________
    www.steeringboxscrapers.net

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Giant XTC advanced sl0 2015 vs Giant XTC advanced sl1 2016
    By owen_cool1 in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 12:12 AM
  2. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 06:16 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2015, 11:16 AM
  4. The new Giant Revolt - cross/gravel grinder bike
    By kingsqueak in forum Gravel Bikes
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-09-2015, 10:03 PM
  5. (X-post from Giant) XTC 27.5 Advanced 2 or 29er Advanced 1
    By Ninjasstolemytv in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 04:26 PM

Members who have read this thread: 318

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.