Waterproof bike computer/gps- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Waterproof bike computer/gps

I'm looking for a waterproof bike computer that won't let me down while I'm riding. I need one that'll work in rain or snow and be good for long days in the saddle. I can't seem to find anything that says its waterproof. I'm going to be doing a long tour and need something that doesn't have to be charged daily. Wireless, waterproof and battery life are my main concerns. I also would rather not spend a fortune on one. Thanks

since 4/10/2009
    IME, anything cheap will let you down eventually. Maybe it won't be this year, but maybe it'll be tomorrow.

Anything from Cateye or Sigma or any of the other major brands will be waterproof enough for riding, and will give you the battery life you want.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    IME, anything cheap will let you down eventually. Maybe it won't be this year, but maybe it'll be tomorrow.

Anything from Cateye or Sigma or any of the other major brands will be waterproof enough for riding, and will give you the battery life you want.
    I used to use specialized and my last few were all cateye strada and strada slim. I liked them but never rode in the rain or snow. I just can't find any that say they're waterproof and since I'm going to bw doing a lot of miles I want it to be reliable as well. I dont know anything special. I've always just needed avg speed, max speed, odom, trip distance and that's about it.

Rides all the bikes!
    Triathlon watches. Designed to record for 17 hours (time limit of Ironman events), waterproof. Records all cycling data.

mtbr member
    Really?'well I've never looked at them because I don't run, had knees. If it can handle a triathlon swim then I'll check them out.