Strava at bike park - disregard the chairlift?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Strava at bike park - disregard the chairlift?

Is there an easy way to have Strava ignore the chairlift portions of a day at a lift-assisted bike park?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nat
    mtbr member
    I use an app called Slopes (made for skiing/snowboarding) and pair it with Strava. Slopes takes into account the uplifts. The non-free version shows your runs on a cool 3D map of the mountain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    There's an app called BikeParkPro which is pretty good if they have you're local bike park in the app. Even if they don't have your park loaded it will still track downhill runs and exclude the lift.

I don't think Strava has an option for downhill parks yet but it would be great if they add it.

Edit: if you want something done on Strava we need to let them know. https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/208224328-Downhill-specific-activity?input_string=downhill&mobile_site=true
    I don't think their new feature page gets enough attention. It's pretty pathetic 10 upvotes is a high number of votes. They need more feedback and can't make major decisions on how to spend their time with 10 votes.

beater
    Someone posted here several years ago that they contacted Strava about this feature, and they responded that it wasnít something they were interested in developing. Since a bunch of ski trackers use it, and the math canít be that hard, it seemed like a pretty clear ďget bentĒ. Especially when you look through the activities that they do track, like kiteboarding.

Iíve always taken the additional seconds to record individual runs because I want to keep my climbing and equipment mileage stats clean. Now that I have a Garmin watch itís much easier since I just need a few button presses on that, and can leave my phone in my pocket.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The funny thing is Strava does have a snowboard and ski activity. They literally just need to use the exact same coding and just badge it as downhill mountain bike. Maybe tying in segments will take some time but the ground work is already there and they have plenty of experience making tons of other activity types.

Does seem like a massive middle finger to people who like to ride at downhill parks.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by Fajita Dave View Post
    The funny thing is Strava does have a snowboard and ski activity. They literally just need to use the exact same coding and just badge it as downhill mountain bike. Maybe tying in segments will take some time but the ground work is already there and they have plenty of experience making tons of other activity types.

Does seem like a massive middle finger to people who like to ride at downhill parks.
    Yeah, especially since they can track the other non-cardio activities already mentioned. I actually didnít know they had a native ski/snowboard setting. Iíve just used Skitracks or Slopes.

mtbr member
    It's been asked for, for years. I do the same thing as another poster, just have each runs as individual runs. But then that swamps other people's Strava feeds when Mudguard did 10 rides. Really it's one ride.
    It's frustrating when you want to compare climbing stats and your friend has left their GPS on for the whole day!

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the answers. I'll tinker with Slopes and BikeParkPro while probably also Strava-ing each individual run. What a hassle. But if it keeps my stats "clean," it's worth it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Crazy how outta touch strava can be. I've reached out to them about this and a number of other things and they think its so minor of an issue tht they can't be bothered. I think that they are under funded and all the features that you want already have bullet proof IP's or take up band width tht they cant afford so just go after easy core issues. Strava could be soo much better and someday a bigger company just going to ripp off what they've already done and improve all the features people want
    MyRides - Santa Cruz Tallboy CC, Van Dessel Ramble tamble SS, Look 986 1x10,

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Just being able to tick a box to say "don't count this segment", would be nice.
    That would cover ebike climbs, incorrect segment matches etc.
    Wouldn't stop the stats counting, but it'd be a start.