Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Make sure the phone app is updated to version 2.1.48.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have the latest one.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Lezyne Support will be available in a couple hours: "For USA customer service calls, please dial 805.548.8780, option 1"

They are not very good about email responses, but they've always helped immediately when I've called.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thank you. I talked to them. Super helpful customer service.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Can somebody with a 2017 Super GPS do this test and report back results, please?

1. Turn ON the unit. It should have been sitting for 4+ hours and NOT charging. Take note of the altitude that the device displays.

2. Turn OFF the unit and immediately turn it back ON again. Take note of the altitude, especially in the first seconds right after turning it back on.

Are you seeing something like this? (link is safe)

https://youtu.be/yWjVpC0ir7U

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes. It's random on mine. Some days the Elevation works great; some other days, it is just like the video.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thank you. Based on my dealings with the Warranty group, it seems to be a known bug as they have not suggested a replacement.

I believe the cause is when there is a GPS signal upon initial startup ("warm" start). This would be when the unit is charging, or it was recently turned on. If it's been sitting off a few hours, the bug does not seem to happen (that would be a "cold" start).

Luckily Training Peaks and Strava both have an Elevation Correction function, but seeing any meaningful Ascent data while riding is not possible.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I contacted the warranty group about it as well. Mine it's random.

I am having bigger issues with the android app. no notifications or auto sync. Crashing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty39 View Post
    Thank you. Based on my dealings with the Warranty group, it seems to be a known bug as they have not suggested a replacement.

I believe the cause is when there is a GPS signal upon initial startup ("warm" start). This would be when the unit is charging, or it was recently turned on. If it's been sitting off a few hours, the bug does not seem to happen (that would be a "cold" start).

Luckily Training Peaks and Strava both have an Elevation Correction function, but seeing any meaningful Ascent data while riding is not possible.

Moderator Moderator
    Apr 2011
    I've had a super GPS for over a year now.

I've not noticed any "drift" or elevation issues, but I dont pay that much attention to the data.

I had the problem with the snap buttons pulling off the HR sensor. The replacement worked fine for a couple months, then just up and died. I've since replaced it with a wahoo unit.

As far as the unit goes, I can't take the ergonomics. The buttons are too stiff. Stiff enough that you need to pinch by putting your thumb on the other side of the unit from the button you're trying to press. Seems unnecessarily awkward. The charging port on the circuit board does not line up nicely with the hole in the case. Makes it difficult to put on the charger.

Also, the screen is much smaller than it looks on the advertising brochures. Anything more than 2 data fields on the screen and I cant really read them as the text gets too small. I may go with the Wahoo next time as it looks like it has a larger display.

I do like the live tracking....or I should say my wife likes it, since I ride solo a lot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mgfjd12 View Post
    I contacted the warranty group about it as well. Mine it's random.

I am having bigger issues with the android app. no notifications or auto sync. Crashing, etc.
    The android app issues are fixed with the beta android app. The elevation bug re starting the unit is still there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Considering either the Lezyne Super or Macro GPS and I had two questions. Does anyone know if the auto pause feature can be tied to a speed sensor (assuming one is present)? I understand that auto pause can cause the GPS to stop recording under heavy tree cover, however, if the auto stop can be linked to a sensor, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Does the unit keep track of total ride time (accumulation of all rides)? I find this information useful for maintenance intervals. I've read through the manual but didn't find any details regarding these topics.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    The auto pause works by stopping the GPS tracking and recording of data points when you are not moving. That way you don't use up memory and battery life recording the same location over and over again.

The speed sensor works regardless of the GPS. It works if you are inside on rollers. Using a speed sensor the unit shows speed and distance while the GPS doesn't register any motion. If you have a cadence sensor you can see how your speed tracks with your cadence on rollers on the graphs.

The unit keeps track of total time, distance, calories and elevation (for what its worth) by lifetime, year, month and week. You can also export the data to training peaks and strava and use their logging functions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
    The auto pause works by stopping the GPS tracking and recording of data points when you are not moving. That way you don't use up memory and battery life recording the same location over and over again.

The speed sensor works regardless of the GPS. It works if you are inside on rollers. Using a speed sensor the unit shows speed and distance while the GPS doesn't register any motion. If you have a cadence sensor you can see how your speed tracks with your cadence on rollers on the graphs.

The unit keeps track of total time, distance, calories and elevation (for what its worth) by lifetime, year, month and week. You can also export the data to training peaks and strava and use their logging functions.
    Thanks for that info. Can you elaborate on the auto pause though? I've read reviews on many of the various devices/manufacturers and most people say they turn off the auto pause feature because it doesn't work well....that the units go to sleep under dense coverage or they don't wake up out of sleep reliably. I'm not terribly concerned with this from a GPS standpoint (as I believe I could go back and fill in any gaps with software later), but am hoping a speed sensor would at least wake up the unit enough to start up any distance/ride time data collection (even if the GPS was "asleep").

My cheapo Sigma bike computer with wheel magnet keeps distance/ride time/speed data no problem with start/stops. Just want to make sure these GPS units can at least do that just as well (with a speed sensor).

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I have been using Garmin speed sensor with my Enhanced Super GPS since I bought it and have never had an issue with the unit going to sleep during a ride. I have Garmin speed, cadence and heart rate sensors. They synced when I first set up my unit have remained synced for over 1000 miles at this point.

The unit displays that it is recording speed from the speed sensor, not the GPS. There is an icon for each sensor that it is synced to displayed.

I did turn off the adaptive GPS sensing. Using the one second recording gives you a more accurate trace of your route when you go around curves.

I have not had the issue that you are describing. My unit has always recorded rides from the point I started recording to the point I pressed stop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I haven't had any issues with my unit recording rides either.
    I was having issues with the android app but lezyne through the beta versions has addressed the problems.

Happy with my super enhanced gps unit.

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    Just come across this thread after searching google for Lezyne Super GPS and bad elevation data.

By and large, for ~£100, I've been pretty happy with my Super GPS bought mid summer this year. Firmware and Ally v2 updates have improved the functionality of the device and the app.

However, my biggest gripes are...
    Learning very early on that I need to ask Strava to correct elevation data every ride. The correction has varied from being very small (eg. ~25 feet over a ~1500 feet ride) to quite large (eg. ~1000 feet over a ~6000 feet ride), plus the correction varies whether it increases or decreases the elevation recorded on the device.
    "Live segment" times are to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt while on the ride.*
    The turn-by-turn directions are not good at giving clear instructions when there are a series of quick junction changes, such as at a staggered crossroads.

* I used the Lezyne free trial of Strava Premium, which then synced my favourite "live segments" at the time and these still work having reverted to Strava free.

Great tips to try regarding turning on device ahead of ride and using wheel sensor with accurate tyre circumference to improve accuracy, will try both.

Just seen there was supposed to have been a firmware update on 15th December, but it got postponed, so October 19th firmware 5.40 is still the current one.
    Lezyne - Engineered Design - Products - GPS

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Trying to sum this up. seems like maybe general GPS issues are not too bad? Or is the somewhat questionable GPS accuracy indicated by the generally low price of this unit?

Also, is the profile/sensor setup still the same? If you have 2 bikes with 2 wheel sizes, the device can't tell which is which and you have to manually do something before each ride to use the correct speed sensor with the right wheel size?

Having 2 bikes, that point is a bummer if true. Otherwise good price for good features. ( again, assuming GPS issues are mostly resolved with maybe strange elevation bug only - which isn't that uncommon, elevation being the least accurate measurement )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slcpunk View Post
    Trying to sum this up. seems like maybe general GPS issues are not too bad? Or is the somewhat questionable GPS accuracy indicated by the generally low price of this unit?
    In general, be wary of any info you read about the Lezyne GPS units from more than a few months ago. Speaking at least for myself, the latest FW updates have made incredible progress. All of my location and elevation issues are gone now, at least if I leave the unit running for about a minute before I start recording. I think many others have found the same thing... this thread is quiet now because there aren't as many people complaining. Before October I was thinking about switching to a Garmin. Now I'm very happy with mine. There is supposed to be another big FW update soon, we'll see if that makes it even better.

Also, is the profile/sensor setup still the same? If you have 2 bikes with 2 wheel sizes, the device can't tell which is which and you have to manually do something before each ride to use the correct speed sensor with the right wheel size?
    A recent FW update (maybe October?) added the ability to have multiple bike profiles. You can set it all up with the smartphone app which makes it easy to set up unique data screens, wheel circumference, sensors, etc for each bike. Then, each time you power on the unit, you pick which bike you're using. It is actually really well implemented. So all those complaints are out of date too.

I feel like Lezyne needs to do a PR push to get all the reviewers from the early days to update things, since it is a much more mature product now.
    Bikes for the Very Tall - A list I maintain of the largest bikes in the industry. Includes mtb and road.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by asollie View Post
    In general, be wary of any info you read about the Lezyne GPS units from more than a few months ago. Speaking at least for myself, the latest FW updates have made incredible progress.

Then, each time you power on the unit, you pick which bike you're using. It is actually really well implemented. So all those complaints are out of date too.

I feel like Lezyne needs to do a PR push to get all the reviewers from the early days to update things, since it is a much more mature product now.
    Hey thanks - I was sort of wondering if that was the case.

When you power on, are you presented with a choice - like a one or two button press to choose a profile? ( Vs. having to scroll into some buried menu option to change it )

Lezyne definitely needs to do something -their manual is out of date ( doesn't mention profiles ) and none of the product info is correct so they could be losing potential sales. Just dumb.

Really, makes this unit a steal compared to Garmin 520. I think only other complain is small font/screen. I can live with that I think.

OH. One more question: how can you be sure to get the v10 of this device? For example is this the latest one?

https://www.probikekit.com/bicycle-c.../11346427.html

mtbr member
    When you power on, are you presented with a choice - like a one or two button press to choose a profile? ( Vs. having to scroll into some buried menu option to change it )
    Yep! One button press to power it on, then you're immediately asked to pick which bike you want. So maybe three button presses max. It is easy to switch if you pick the wrong bike too.

Lezyne definitely needs to do some updates to their product features, manual, and marketing.
    Bikes for the Very Tall - A list I maintain of the largest bikes in the industry. Includes mtb and road.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You have to leave consumers with something to complain about.

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    Quick heads up, just had a new version of Lezyne Ally V2 download from the app store and there is new firmware for the Super GPS at Lezyne.

mtbr member
    Hmm, looks like the updater doesn't want to recognize my Enhanced Micro GPS now. I tried with 3 different USB cables and rebooted everything a few times, no luck. I think it is a problem with the new updater, but who knows. I'm not in a hurry since I don't need any of the new training features.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by asollie View Post
    Hmm, looks like the updater doesn't want to recognize my Enhanced Micro GPS now. I tried with 3 different USB cables and rebooted everything a few times, no luck. I think it is a problem with the new updater, but who knows. I'm not in a hurry since I don't need any of the new training features.
    I had to use the USB cable that came with the unit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

Breakthrough Firmware Release

Breakthrough firmware release for Lezyne! All comments below are for a Y10 (2017) Super GPS with the Jan 12, 2018 firmware release:

The new firmware is a definite big step forward for structured training and intervals. You can load a workout from Training Peaks and get on-screen cues and status. Maybe even better than that is something I've been wanting a long time - new Data Fields for things like Normalized Power and TSS. These are things that are nice to see real-time while you're on a ride, as maybe your whole goal for a ride is TSS-based. In order to mobilize all of this, you set up your Power and HR zones within the GPS Ally app.

Perhaps (perhaps...we shall see...) BIGGEST of all is the elevation bug seems to be fixed! This would occur on a GPS "warm start" where the Elevation raced upwards rapidly, then be very slow to settle back down to the correct value. This would render your Elevation and Ascent data useless for the first ~30 minutes of a ride (and therefore also the totals for an entire ride until you manually corrected within Strava or TP). Fingers crossed that this is really fixed.

If the Elevation bug is fixed, Lezyne's got a super nice product now (with the Super GPS). It's more utilitarian than what you'll get with say a Wahoo Elemnt, but it's a darn good value.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I really like the new update. The screen text is more clear. There are new icons as well. My favorites are the heart rate zones data fields. That is really useful for monitoring training efforts.

So far the barometer data is looking stable too. Maybe it’s fixed. We’ll see.

Overall this update is a big win in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxidizer View Post
    I really like the new update. The screen text is more clear. There are new icons as well. My favorites are the heart rate zones data fields. That is really useful for monitoring training efforts.

So far the barometer data is looking stable too. Maybe it’s fixed. We’ll see.

Overall this update is a big win in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anybody knows how to activate indoor mode?

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    Anybody knows how to activate indoor mode?

I was curious about the new "indoor mode" but like you, i could not see how to activate it, was thinking of trying it while using turbo trainer.

This new firmware has not solved the elevation bug completely for me, while simply turning on the device indoors. Altitude often shoots up to ~400 feet on the few times I've tried, but a test while typing this reply only went to ~250 feet before dropping back to 219, which is probably about right as I believe we are at 206 at ground level and we are in first floor flat.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    To the two posts above:

Indoor Mode:
    In the Bike Setup screen (where you set the wheel circum, weight, etc), there is an option at the bottom called "Stationary mode". When you select that Bike upon turning on the GPS, it will ask if you want Indoor or Outdoor mode. All Indoor mode appears to do is turn off GPS tracking. Everything else works the same.

Elevation Bug:
    It's definitely NOT FIXED. Very disappointing.

Additionally, I tested the new training fields last night and the TSS calculation is wrong. Another thing to chase Support about now.

Anybody want to buy a lightly used Super GPS with 2 out-front mounts and 2 stem mounts? I'll make you a great deal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    To the two posts above:

Indoor Mode:
    In the Bike Setup screen (where you set the wheel circum, weight, etc), there is an option at the bottom called "Stationary mode". When you select that Bike upon turning on the GPS, it will ask if you want Indoor or Outdoor mode. All Indoor mode appears to do is turn off GPS tracking. Everything else works the same.

Elevation Bug:
    It's definitely NOT FIXED. Very disappointing.

Additionally, I tested the new training fields last night and the TSS calculation is wrong. Another thing to chase Support about now.

Anybody want to buy a lightly used Super GPS with 2 out-front mounts and 2 stem mounts? I'll make you a great deal.
    Thanks for the indoor mode.

As far as the elevation bug, I usually turn my Gps on before the ride. I don't usually ride more than once per day.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks to a friendly MTBR'r, I've sold the Lezyne and will be getting an Elemnt Bolt.

I realize all of these units have their little quirks, but I just could not accept the elevation bug with the Lezyne and it's time to try something else.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Gave up on my Super Enhanced Y10 and bought a Bolt. Functionally the GPS and App are very similar but the connectivity is light years apart. I rarely had a ride where the unit connected, maintained the connection and uploaded without some sort of intervention. I had accepted this given the units price but the most recent app and firmware updates left the unit unable to upload files at all and with bluetooth connectivity worse than ever - and I am not alone. The Bolts use of bluetooth and wifi is incredible plus the screen is way clearer. Its a shame as the Lezyne would be absolutely incredible value if the phone connectivity worked aswell as it does with the Bolt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Yep, I had my first ride with the Bolt yesterday and it far exceeded my expectations.

And the icing on the cake? I started and stopped my ride at the same spot, and the Elevation Gain and Elevation Loss were only 3 ft different! Now that's accuracy I can live with!

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Just did two rides today, separated by about two hours, no elevation problems.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yep, I had my first ride with the Bolt yesterday and it far exceeded my expectations.

And the icing on the cake? I started and stopped my ride at the same spot, and the Elevation Gain and Elevation Loss were only 3 ft different! Now that's accuracy I can live with!
    I am happy with my lezyne gps . It does the job well. Every time I ride with my friends 50-60 miles the elevation gain difference is about 200 feet compared to the garmin. The difference is within the margin of error.

So far I have zero problems with lezyne gps. I'm also a beta tester so my Android app version might be different than yours.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hello everyone. Here is what I've noticed so far with the new Lezyne update. From a cold startup (Enhanced Super, Y10) and when there is no GPS signal, my elevation is ~200 ft lower than when the GPS signal is acquired. After signal acquisition, the elevation jumps up ~200 ft and stabilizes within 30 seconds. Then I'm good to go for my ride. During a typical ride, I do not see my elevation jumping around. But weather might interfere with the barometer.

I also commute and use the GPS. Here is some data for my daily commute the past two weeks. (You can laugh at my short commute ). Hopefully this demonstrates a little bit the variation of the elevation gain (post your own data for comparison). On the commutes that exceeded 500 ft, this occurred when the weather was turing bad (raining), probably the barometer was being affected. The 1.74 mile commute was because I took a slight detour.

1.65 mile 525 ft*
    1.62 mile 410 ft
    1.61 mile 404 ft
    1.74 mile 407 ft
    1.64 mile 427 ft
    1.60 mile 427 ft
    1.66 mile 413 ft
    1.69 mile 413 ft
    1.69 mile 558 ft*

The average and standard deviation (excluding 525 ft and 558 ft rides):
    414 ft +/- 9.2 ft

I need to analyze longer rides to see the variation. So far as a basic GPS, this is good enough for me and even better now that the software includes some training features like the heart rate zones. I use HRM's on my MTB rides and like the zone time feature.

I understand the criticisms of the Lezyne and I would expect the Bolt to be much better. And it should be for $250.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxidizer View Post
    Hello everyone. Here is what I've noticed so far with the new Lezyne update. From a cold startup (Enhanced Super, Y10) and when there is no GPS signal, my elevation is ~200 ft lower than when the GPS signal is acquired. After signal acquisition, the elevation jumps up ~200 ft and stabilizes within 30 seconds. Then I'm good to go for my ride. During a typical ride, I do not see my elevation jumping around. But weather might interfere with the barometer.

I also commute and use the GPS. Here is some data for my daily commute the past two weeks. (You can laugh at my short commute ). Hopefully this demonstrates a little bit the variation of the elevation gain (post your own data for comparison). On the commutes that exceeded 500 ft, this occurred when the weather was turing bad (raining), probably the barometer was being affected. The 1.74 mile commute was because I took a slight detour.

1.65 mile 525 ft*
    1.62 mile 410 ft
    1.61 mile 404 ft
    1.74 mile 407 ft
    1.64 mile 427 ft
    1.60 mile 427 ft
    1.66 mile 413 ft
    1.69 mile 413 ft
    1.69 mile 558 ft*

The average and standard deviation (excluding 525 ft and 558 ft rides):
    414 ft +/- 9.2 ft

I need to analyze longer rides to see the variation. So far as a basic GPS, this is good enough for me and even better now that the software includes some training features like the heart rate zones. I use HRM's on my MTB rides and like the zone time feature.

I understand the criticisms of the Lezyne and I would expect the Bolt to be much better. And it should be for $250.
    I am racer. The Lezyne does what it is supposed to right. Sometimes has elevation issues but I have seen Garmin having exactly the same issues from time to time.

Garmin also has to wait for the elevation to settle.
    The connection at least on Android is great. I have owned Garmin GPS and the Lezyne is performing the same.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Glad you guys are having good luck. Below is an example of the kind of data I'd get once in about every 4-5 rides. I ran a special firmware for Lezyne Support that gathered all kinds of data for them. One Lezyne guy acknowledged his unit did the same thing as mine, and they would not take me up on my request for a replacement or refund. I took this as evidence there is a problem that they know about but cannot fix.

I'm not a racer, but I'd rather pay $250 for a product that works (with much more functionality) rather than $150 for one that does not.

Again, glad you guys are having such good luck. I think Lezyne will get everything figured out eventually. They're headed in the right direction.

Lezyne Super GPS Review-capture.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Glad you guys are having good luck. Below is an example of the kind of data I'd get once in about every 4-5 rides. I ran a special firmware for Lezyne Support that gathered all kinds of data for them. One Lezyne guy acknowledged his unit did the same thing as mine, and they would not take me up on my request for a replacement or refund. I took this as evidence there is a problem that they know about but cannot fix.

I'm not a racer, but I'd rather pay $250 for a product that works (with much more functionality) rather than $150 for one that does not.

Again, glad you guys are having such good luck. I think Lezyne will get everything figured out eventually. They're headed in the right direction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	1179920
    Thanks for sharing. Do you have a similar test plot of the same route where you didn't see that elevation issue? That would be good to see a side-by-side comparison.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Not the exact route because it was a random route on my local trails. But the suggested 'Corrected' values by Training Peaks are pretty darn close - close enough to show how wildly out of wack the Lezyne data is ('Original'/gray curve).

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    That is not proof of it not working.

The Lezyne is a great value, it's one of the main selling points. If I wanted to get crazy with additional sensors I wouldn't be looking for something at the $150 price point...and I wouldn't really care about elevation gain because it's a trivial data point compared to something like power.

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    New 6.57 Windows firmware update from 26th Feb, plus 3.15 Android version of Ally v2.

Oh, interesting release note on firmware, "Improved elevation accuracy for GPS devices with a barometer"

I started using my Super GPS for commutes recently, keeping the unit on the bike overnight has meant much more realistic temps reported at power on, reported -2C in the garage yesterday morning (it was -5C and felt like -10C outdoors).
    But as I keep the unit in my locker while working, upon power up outside, it reported +15C (which sounds about right for locker room) rather than the actual outdoor -5C temp.

Anyway, time to update to unit, spotted this download a few minutes ago.

Edit: Ran the "GpsProgrammer-master-v6-57a" and it said my Super GPS was already up to date, the 13th Jan firmware updater was "GpsProgrammer-master-v6-57"

Recently, I've noticed that the Strava "elevation correct" does not alter the total elevation gain total for a ride with ~1000 feet of climbing, but the reported altitude figures are way off on the way home from work.

Edit2: Just discovered you can force an update, so used that to install v6-57a from 26th Feb https://support.lezyne.com/hc/en-us/...ng-GPS-devices

After installing, the current elevation quickly went up to ~1000 feet, but then rapidly dropped to 213 feet within ~30secs while indoors at 25C. We live at ~195 feet according to Google Maps, so while not perfect, it's better than it was it terms of initial accuracy and how quickly it calibrated.
    Last edited by NitrousOxide; 03-02-2018 at 04:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hi all, I've been using the Micro C for half a year and I got my hands on the Macro recently. I put together a side-by-side, here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgIbCp_ogQg&t=4s
    Let me know if you have questions. All in all I'm happy with the Micro C for MTB, does what I need it to do.
    2019 Yeti SB100
    2016 Transition Smuggler

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    There's a new firmware out that claims to fix the elevation bug. I'm hoping to try it this weekend.

What's new:
    Full integration with TrainingPeaks and Today’s Plan training apps
    Training specific data fields
    Custom workouts
    Indoor training mode
    Improved elevation accuracy for GPS devices with a barometer
    Turn "Quick GPS" on or off (GPS Watches only) to improve battery runtime or to acquire a GPS signal quicker.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Curious....in combination with a wheel sensor, can the Lezyne record distance/ride time without operating the GPS? Basically, can the unit be run as a basic bike computer if so desired?

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Yes, I've used it indoors on rollers. You can turn the GPS off and it will run off of a speed/cadence sensor. You can also set it to use the speed sensor outdoors and only use GPS to map where you have been.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
    There's a new firmware out that claims to fix the elevation bug. I'm hoping to try it this weekend.
    I think that's the same changelog from the previous version (6.57) and they just haven't bothered to update it yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Its now 6.75, not 57.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Yes, the version number has been bumped but the changelog is the same.

Mine is still on 6.57 and I don’t plan to upgrade it until they actually announce the changes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I just started using the Super GPS for mountain biking. I have two bikes that I ride regularly so I have two bike profiles set up. In order to keep track of maintenance intervals, I would like to have two separate total bike ride time totals....similar to the Bike Odo data. I've searched through the device and owners manual and have not been able to find this. I uploaded two rides (one on each bike) to GPS Root and it does give me a "Total Duration" on the dashboard, but 1) it's the total for both bikes and 2) it's the elapsed time (not ride timer which is the desired time). Anyone know how I can get this data?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    You could easily do this by uploading to strava.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    You could easily do this by uploading to strava.
    I uploaded my rides to Strava, but I still can't find a way to log total ride times for the two bike profiles. As with GPSRoot, I see where Strava will maintain separate mileage for each bike (Under Settings/My Gear) but no ride time. All fork/shock maintenance is based on hours, so I'm surprised it's not available. I googled this a found an old support ticket on Strava where people were asking for this, but the Strava response said it was not something they were working on (as of 2016).

I also noticed that you have to manually select which bike was used for a ride (if not the default bike). It doesn't pull that info from the Lezyne unit which kind of sucks. Although GPSRoot didn't do this either to be fair.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Check the Lezyne app on your phone, under More, GPS settings, bike and screen setup, and then your individual bicycle, then Bike and finally Odometer. It will have the individual mileage for that bike listed. I don't see any setting for hours though. And, yes, I know that its buried pretty deep.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yeah, I had found the individual mileage, but was really looking for and expecting to find ride time shown as well. A bit disappointing, but maybe they will add that sometime in the near future. Probably estimating hours based on mileage will be good enough for maintenance. Thanks to all for your help and input!

Live Free & Ride
    So its between this, the Garmin 130 or the 520. Like this for size and features and also low price. Any new updates to this that make it a better choice?
    17 Stache 29+
    17 Moto Ti gravel
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto NT fat & 27.5+
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 C-dale Rush
    99 GT XCR

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    My experience with the super has not improved to the point that I would recommend it to anyone. Bluetooth connectivity was flaky at best from the beginning and it stopped working completely quite a while back. More recently, the unit has "shut off" for no reason and "eaten" a couple of rides. If all of the claimed functionality actually worked, it would be the best deal going by far. I'm thinking hard about the wahoo bolt.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    My experience with the super has not improved to the point that I would recommend it to anyone. Bluetooth connectivity was flaky at best from the beginning and it stopped working completely quite a while back. More recently, the unit has "shut off" for no reason and "eaten" a couple of rides. If all of the claimed functionality actually worked, it would be the best deal going by far. I'm thinking hard about the wahoo bolt.
    I have no problems with mine. maybe you got a bad unit. I was in training camp last month. out of the 8 guys, between 3 and 4 were having issues with the Garmin everyday.

One of the guys has a Wahoo bolt and he has issues sometimes with that unit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I've had mixed results. I had to have my unit replaced because the BT was not reliable. But I had really good customer service from Lezyne. ( I paid for shipping one way to send unit to them...in a perfect world they would have covered that ) I didn't have my unit for about a week.

Since then it has worked as advertised.

I do transfer my rides via USB cable - the BT transfer is ridiculously slow. Luckily that's how I've always done it because I never had a BT device before and I charge by plugging in to my PC. I never cared for instant upload to Strava or anything. ( I get it there eventually, but don't need it right away ) The live segments seem to work, although they need to improve the screen a bit.

There are some feature requests they are working on ( supposedly ) and if they come through with a firmware update/app update for some of them I'll still consider it a good buy.

I guess the long term matters too ... if the unit dies next year will I get service still? I had an old Timex that was replaced 2 times over 4 years ... that worked for me even though others might say that wasn't acceptable.

mtbr member
    The new Edge 130 is clearly meant to compete with the Lezyne options. The better screen contrast is making me jealous.

My Lezyne GPS has been doing great lately though. One thing I really like is the simple and effective design. It feels more durable than any garmin thing I've looked at. It feels like a tool rather than a gadget. I recently got caught in a pretty amazing downpour and myself, my bike, and my Lezyne were covered in mud by the time I got back to the car. It kept recording the whole time though, and worked fine the next day!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    So my super GPS seems to have "bit the dust" this evening. Rode across town to dinner with friends and all seemed well. Saved the ride and shut the unit off. When I came back out, the unit would not turn on. I went ahead and rode home, then plugged the GPS into the laptop and it "woke up" and I was able to upload the ride to GPS root, but as soon as I unplugged it, it shut off and will not turn on again. The unit was fully charged before the ride, so a dead battery shouldn't be the issue. Of course it's about 15 months old, so out of warranty.
    I guess this is the excuse I needed to try the Element bolt.

mtbr member
    So my super GPS seems to have "bit the dust" this evening. Rode across town to dinner with friends and all seemed well. Saved the ride and shut the unit off. When I came back out, the unit would not turn on. I went ahead and rode home, then plugged the GPS into the laptop and it "woke up" and I was able to upload the ride to GPS root, but as soon as I unplugged it, it shut off and will not turn on again. The unit was fully charged before the ride, so a dead battery shouldn't be the issue. Of course it's about 15 months old, so out of warranty.
    I guess this is the excuse I needed to try the Element bolt.
    This sounds like a defective, not a dead, battery. Not sure if they can be replaced but it you're going to trash it I will confirm if the repair is possible!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Of course it's about 15 months old, so out of warranty.
    You should contact Lezyne. My Micro was out of warranty when it quit working and they took care of it.
    2016 Yeti SB4.5c
    2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert
    2013 Giant Trance X3

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudnut View Post
    This sounds like a defective, not a dead, battery. Not sure if they can be replaced but it you're going to trash it I will confirm if the repair is possible!
    If it is like the Micro, the battery is replaceable if you can solder. It uses a 3.7V Li-ion battery similar to to what I attached. I think the size and mAh may be proprietary but you can find one similar that will fit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lezyne Super GPS Review-battery.jpg  

2016 Yeti SB4.5c
    2013 Giant Trance X3

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    Another new firmware update for the Super GPS plus Ally V2 app update...

What's new:
    Improved map file transfers
    Improvements to language translations
    Stabilized wireless connections
    Heart Rate zone fields will now display correctly
    Increased accuracy of battery indication
    Improvements to some display elements
    Various GPS bug fixes to improve stability
    Stability with GPS Ally App improved. – PLEASE BE SURE TO UPDATE THE GPS ALLY APP

https://www.lezyne.com/support-gps.php

Hopefully this might improve the occasional issue I've had over the summer, where the Super GPS will randomly drop and forget all Bluetooth and ANT+ connections mid ride.

Also had my first instance in ages the other day where I had a GPS lock at the ride start, began my normal commute route home, but the GPS signal was lost for 5+mins, giving a straight line on the Strava route.

The elevation data still disagrees with the option in Strava to correct the elevation data after the ride, typically giving ~200 feet extra over a ride with ~3000 feet, so I correct the data. But the discrepancy is much less than it was a year ago.

Land of the 230+
    Hmmm. They seem to have pulled the updater from the site, and rolled back to 6.75. Weirdly, the while new firmware was up there, the site and filename said 8.something, but the software shows version 6.77. Anyway, I had already been on 6.77 for a week or so, with no strange issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NitrousOxide View Post
    Another new firmware update for the Super GPS plus Ally V2 app update...

What's new:
    Improved map file transfers
    Improvements to language translations
    Stabilized wireless connections
    Heart Rate zone fields will now display correctly
    Increased accuracy of battery indication
    Improvements to some display elements
    Various GPS bug fixes to improve stability
    Stability with GPS Ally App improved. – PLEASE BE SURE TO UPDATE THE GPS ALLY APP

Hopefully this might improve the occasional issue I've had over the summer, where the Super GPS will randomly drop and forget all Bluetooth and ANT+ connections mid ride.

Also had my first instance in ages the other day where I had a GPS lock at the ride start, began my normal commute route home, but the GPS signal was lost for 5+mins, giving a straight line on the Strava route.

The elevation data still disagrees with the option in Strava to correct the elevation data after the ride, typically giving ~200 feet extra over a ride with ~3000 feet, so I correct the data. But the discrepancy is much less than it was a year ago.
    I was having the same issues with the bluetooth and the ant+. No issues with the GPS dropping signal. I hope the firmware update fixes the issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009

8.29 available this afternoon, the update I posted 4 days ago which Lezyne pulled later was 8.26

Said I was up to date from 8.26, but I forced the newer update.

Had the Lezyne forget Bluetooth connection to mobile and ANT+ to HRM and power meter on Sunday's ride, when I was almost home. Stopped, re-paired, fine since.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

8.29 available this afternoon, the update I posted 4 days ago which Lezyne pulled later was 8.26

Said I was up to date from 8.26, but I forced the newer update.

Had the Lezyne forget Bluetooth connection to mobile and ANT+ to HRM and power meter on Sunday's ride, when I was almost home. Stopped, re-paired, fine since.
    I am having issues with my connected devices disconnecting during a ride. the new firmware made things worse. The new mega gps xl has the same issues.

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    8.32 firmware released overnight, even had an e-mail from Lezyne in my spam inbox!

I so hope this cures the sporadic "lose all ANT+ and Bluetooth" pairings issue, had another midweek.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    8.32 firmware released overnight, even had an e-mail from Lezyne in my spam inbox!

I so hope this cures the sporadic "lose all ANT+ and Bluetooth" pairings issue, had another midweek.
    It didn't. I have already emailed Lezyne about it. The new Mega GPS is doing the same.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I still have the same issue with the GPS losing signal. Lezyne told me that the body of the device acts as the antenna and because I am using the micro I have less reception. Pretty much all of my rides involve tree cover and I am always losing signal. I usually record the ride with my phone and the micro. The micro loses signal and my phone doesn't
    2016 Yeti SB4.5c
    2013 Giant Trance X3

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 2AllBeef View Post
    I still have the same issue with the GPS losing signal. Lezyne told me that the body of the device acts as the antenna and because I am using the micro I have less reception. Pretty much all of my rides involve tree cover and I am always losing signal. I usually record the ride with my phone and the micro. The micro loses signal and my phone doesn't
    The SuperGPS or the MegaGPS signal location is always strong. No issues with that.

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    It might just be good fortune, but I did a factory rest to my Super GPS since the last update I posted, since then I've not had unpairing while out riding. However, it now sometimes forgets pairings when I switch the unit back on, but once re-paired, it's fine for that ride!

Also now have an issue where it sometimes forgets my custom page layout.

When I did the factory reset, I removed the old "Settings" folder.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    There is a new update today.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    There is a new update today.

Thanks - I don't love extra spam emails, but I would probably sign up for notifications from Lezyne on these updates if they had it!

Importantly, unlike the last update, this one actually affects Y10 models.

Lost sheep
    Mar 2009
    Another update dated 26th October I missed until a few moments ago...
    Major improvement to navigation functionality.
    Improved Bluetooth connection with older iPhone models.
    Size increase for transferring large rides to GPS device.

Navigation, especially automatic re-routing, has been a complete fail for most of this year. Lets hope this fixes at least the worst of the issues!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Another update dated 26th October I missed until a few moments ago...

Navigation, especially automatic re-routing, has been a complete fail for most of this year. Lets hope this fixes at least the worst of the issues!
    thanks again. now if they would just make a firmware updater that worked w/out Windoz/Mac.

Here are the changes for people if they care:

What’s new for Y12 (3nd Generation) Mega XL GPS, Mega C GPS:

Updated temperature accuracy for Mega C GPS computers.
    Minor glitches in screen graphics resolved.

What’s new for Y10 (2nd Generation) Super GPS, Micro GPS, Micro C GPS, Mini GPS, Macro GPS computers and GPS Watches:

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What are the two oring sizes that are for the mount?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12