Garmin & Strava, Can only upload 1 activity from F-Runner 910XT to Strava (?)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Garmin & Strava, Can only upload 1 activity from F-Runner 910XT to Strava (?)

I suppose why bother,...Strava kind of sucks.... but If I upload 2 or 3 activities from my 910 XT to Garmin Connect, only the most recent one will also upload/transfer to Strava. So the transfer will work for only 1 activity stored on the F-runner.

Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Garmin Connect is the most problematic app I've ever used. I constantly have to reboot my phone and Garmin 510 to get them to sync properly before uploading a ride.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias530 View Post
    Garmin Connect is the most problematic app I've ever used. I constantly have to reboot my phone and Garmin 510 to get them to sync properly before uploading a ride.
    He's not talking about the phone app. n00b

My suggestion has 2 options.

1. Upload after every activity. Sometimes not practical (I have a Forerunner 310xt, so I know how the interface works). It would be easier if you could just upload one at a time to space them out a bit.

2. Upload to GC like normal. For the activities that do not transfer, download to your computer, and manually upload them. This is what I did before the I learned about the sync feature on GC.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    He didn't specify, but congrats on being a snobby ass.

The only reason I can imagine using Garmin Connect is to remotely (without your computer) upload rides to Strava. If you're at your computer anyway, just upload directly to Strava. That is why I responded about the app.

since 4/10/2009
    The device he has connects to the computer via ant+ and uploads to garmin connect automatically when it is on and within range.

Because you don't know how his device works, you assumed something and made yourself look uneducated while you talked about something unrelated.

In fact, he cannot upload directly to strava using garmin express at all. He has to close express, open ant agent, and then connect to strava.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry for my vague question. Yes, I use the Ant Agent to load to Garmin Connect on my Macbook Pro, then it is supposed to transfer directly to Strava. Where I am having trouble is that only the most recent activity will show up on Strava, even though I may have uploaded 2 or 3 activities to Garmin Connect. BTW I do not know how to upload directly to Strava from the Forerunner. I have the Strava App on my Iphone, but I like the Forerunner with HRM, etc.

since 4/10/2009
    If you are still using ant agent you may have better luck with garmin express. Ant agent is being phased out it seems.

You should be able to upload directly to strava with ant agent. You just go to strava's website, upload data, and you will have to choose the "garmin" option so strava will look for your device.

Ride More, Work Less

Garmin & Strava, Can only upload 1 activity from F-Runner 910XT to Strava (?)

My wife has a 910 and we use garmin express on a Mac. The automatic transfer from connect to strava works fine for one or more activities.

As Nate suggested, you may want to uninstall the ant agent and go with express.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all